Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 02-06-2021, 08:45 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gustoo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It is insanely dark, and terrible at night to be a human, erudite, or barbarian.

It is much more classic.

The biggest negative is that every other playable race has to suffer having really messed up dynamic lighting enabled in order to replicate the (almost) correct level of human night-blindness.

On live these blindies were unpopular (except barbarians) because of this. Barbarians were pretty popular because they are the alpha race.

And Barbs are conversely unpopular on P99. Other than Shaman I don't see many Barbs Warriors or Rogues when they're quite good in both roles.
Old 02-06-2021, 10:40 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xer0 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
gamme adjustment from in-game settings makes 0 difference one way or the other lol

Look, all I know is that when I turn the in game gamma down things get darker, and when I turn it up they get brighter and easier to see and uglier. Doesn't work on my desktop, but on my laptop that's how it operates
Old 02-07-2021, 02:26 AM
Large Rat

It's not too bad when you have your items, it's the naked CRs that are a serious problem. You can summon a halo, but anything beyond that, you simply cannot see.
Old 02-07-2021, 01:03 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mithril [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It's not too bad when you have your items, it's the naked CRs that are a serious problem. You can summon a halo, but anything beyond that, you simply cannot see.
The following classes don't have that problem...eventually:

Mage (Heatstone/Coldstone)
Wizard
Shaman
Enchanter
Necromancer
Druid (wolf form has infravision)
Ranger

As for the rest of them, you get used to it.

There's a reason why Benanov wears his Tranix Crown a lot. The Fright Forged Helm is really really nice for Clerics who can't get T-Crowns.
Old 02-07-2021, 01:56 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benanov [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The following classes don't have that problem...eventually:

Mage (Heatstone/Coldstone)
Wizard
Shaman
Enchanter
Necromancer
Druid (wolf form has infravision)
Ranger

As for the rest of them, you get used to it.

There's a reason why Benanov wears his Tranix Crown a lot. The Fright Forged Helm is really really nice for Clerics who can't get T-Crowns.
SK as well (Deadeye @ lvl 22)
Closed Thread