Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 12-03-2014, 08:17 PM
Banned

Default You know people could barely see at night...

Was semi-hard even as a dark elf with a fire beetle eye as a newbie.

Your human or whatever should be nearly blind without a vision spell.

Hoping whatever change does finally go in ensures that on all makes and models!
Last edited by Nirgon; 12-03-2014 at 08:24 PM..
Old 12-03-2014, 08:39 PM
Fire Giant

It wasn't hard to see the Character select screen. Did we have to become a nightelf just to select what toon we were going to play?

Thanks for another post of this is how it was in classic, but only partially true since I never played classic.
Old 12-03-2014, 08:47 PM
Planar Protector

I remember dark elves' night vision being like tinted blue; similar to the way the buff Ultravision kind of gave your night vision a blueish tint I guess.

While it is true that it WAS way darker in classic EQ, you could atleast still see your UI boxes/chat lines without having to change your text colors. I literally had to change all of my text to either white or yellow just to be able to read it [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Also, I noticed that light sources help but UV/Infravision/Serpent sight type buffs do absolutely nothing. That isn't really classic, I remember having to save plat for ages on live to buy that serpent sight ring for my barbarian because it was such a gamechanger. Your vision would have like a reddish hue with serpentsight/infravision instead of the blueish tint that darkelves had/ultravision gave.

Am I making this up in my head in regards to the effect of infravision/ultravision or do others remember it as well?
Blueberrii - 60 Mage
Gigglepurr - 60 Shaman
Kids - 60 Rogue
Fornfamnad - 60 Cleric
Old 12-03-2014, 08:49 PM
Sarnak

No I remember it too.
Old 12-03-2014, 08:54 PM
Fire Giant

I'd love to see night-impaired vision go into the game for Humans and Barbs and such. Actually, for every race - some just deal with it differently/better than others.

Having said that, the current implementation is either using a wrong approach or else goes too far. Even with gamma at 100, I have the devil of a time seeing the thin blue line for experience in the UI. That right there pretty much demonstrates that it needs to be done a little differently. Daytime vision also seems too dark.
Old 12-03-2014, 08:55 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tasslehofp99 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I remember dark elves' night vision being like tinted blue; similar to the way the buff Ultravision kind of gave your night vision a blueish tint I guess.

While it is true that it WAS way darker in classic EQ, you could atleast still see your UI boxes/chat lines without having to change your text colors. I literally had to change all of my text to either white or yellow just to be able to read it [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Also, I noticed that light sources help but UV/Infravision/Serpent sight type buffs do absolutely nothing. That isn't really classic, I remember having to save plat for ages on live to buy that serpent sight ring for my barbarian because it was such a gamechanger. Your vision would have like a reddish hue with serpentsight/infravision instead of the blueish tint that darkelves had/ultravision gave.

Am I making this up in my head in regards to the effect of infravision/ultravision or do others remember it as well?
Nope, you are correct Tass.
Old 12-03-2014, 09:00 PM
Planar Protector

Nirgon, while i normally agree with your posts, i cannot with this one. Dark elves did not need fire beetle eyes to see at night. Dark Elf Vision was illuminated with a blue-ish tint that made it extremely easier to see over the human or barbarian.

Im all for a classic server too, but this is flat out incorrect, Nirgon
Old 12-03-2014, 09:22 PM
Sarnak

Nm i take it back, they fixed it!
Last edited by sulpher01; 12-03-2014 at 09:33 PM..
Old 12-03-2014, 10:16 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rais [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It wasn't hard to see the Character select screen. Did we have to become a nightelf just to select what toon we were going to play?
Heh, good one.
Old 12-03-2014, 10:27 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itap [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Nirgon, while i normally agree with your posts, i cannot with this one. Dark elves did not need fire beetle eyes to see at night. Dark Elf Vision was illuminated with a blue-ish tint that made it extremely easier to see over the human or barbarian.

Im all for a classic server too, but this is flat out incorrect, Nirgon
Nirgon won't be happy until the DLL goes in that limits everyone's CPU/GPU speed and data transmission rates to circa 2000-2001 standards.

"You know you done fucked up when Yendor gives you raid commentary." - Tiggles
Closed Thread