Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 03-16-2013, 02:39 PM
Sarnak

Default Asking a favor from the two top guilds on the server

I would like to officially ask both TMO and FE leaders to consider a favor for the server.

I've seen discussions about rotations failing, and it's understandable.
Small guilds acknowledge your efforts, time invested in tracking, planning, etc. But it's also obvious that people who remain in small guilds want to relive their old memories but are not ready to do as much. A lot, but not as much.

So here is the request: let other guilds have a go at Kunark raid targets during a week every 3 months.

That would exclude VP obviously. For Trakanon, that would be up to you of course as it's a sensitive target. We could also imagine that teeth handed over to your guilds, or destroyed, I don't know, it's details.

It's been two years Kunark has been out. One week every 3 months is only 8% of targets. It would not change the balance of power and we can all agree on the fact that no 3rd force will come disrupt the current top competition.

Also it would not be "free/handed out" loot. Smaller guilds may have to compete during that week, they could also decide if they want to rotate or not. Would also be a good opportunity for smaller guilds to show how they would really handle such situation.

All members from TMO and FE, thanks in advance to be kind enough to consider it.
Kaska, Phantasmist <Divinity>
Fuam, Druid 57 <Divinity>
Willo, Cleric 54 <Divinity>
Old 03-16-2013, 02:51 PM
Banned

TMO leadership would be and already is 100% fine if guilds want to contact us ahead of time and say they want to go after an outdoor dragon.

Not saying you have to ask for permission just let's us know not to track it or bat phone it.

Problem is and I don't mean this as offense divinity and other more casual guilds can not effectively compete with FE.

Not to be a slam against FE but they have a lot of new hungry members who need gear from these mobs and will race you 100% on every one.

This puts TMO in a situation where we are just allowing our direct competition access to upgrades and plat sales that we don't want them to have access too.

TMO has a bad rap and a lot of it is deserving but and I can say this truly that if a guild is not antognistic towards us we will be beneficent towards them.

The problem is again FE VDA IB TR there all the same group of core members floating from guild to guild so it makes us look like we are picking on smaller guild.

We currently let some members if taken raid VP with us and I 100% know if divinity needed help on a mob lots of us would lend a hand.

Anyways look up our endangered species program and if you can get FE to agree to not attempt a mob I'm sure TMO will do the same.

Maybe not trak or CT~

Also if you want Inny I want to roll on a mage staff for my alt ~~~~
Last edited by Tiggles; 03-16-2013 at 02:53 PM..
Old 03-16-2013, 03:09 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiggles [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
TMO leadership would be and already is 100% fine if guilds want to contact us ahead of time and say they want to go after an outdoor dragon.

Not saying you have to ask for permission just let's us know not to track it or bat phone it.

Problem is and I don't mean this as offense divinity and other more casual guilds can not effectively compete with FE.

Not to be a slam against FE but they have a lot of new hungry members who need gear from these mobs and will race you 100% on every one.

This puts TMO in a situation where we are just allowing our direct competition access to upgrades and plat sales that we don't want them to have access too.

TMO has a bad rap and a lot of it is deserving but and I can say this truly that if a guild is not antognistic towards us we will be beneficent towards them.

The problem is again FE VDA IB TR there all the same group of core members floating from guild to guild so it makes us look like we are picking on smaller guild.

We currently let some members if taken raid VP with us and I 100% know if divinity needed help on a mob lots of us would lend a hand.

Anyways look up our endangered species program and if you can get FE to agree to not attempt a mob I'm sure TMO will do the same.

Maybe not trak or CT~

Also if you want Inny I want to roll on a mage staff for my alt ~~~~
So what is the competition for? What is the finish line that decides who best is? [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 03-16-2013, 03:12 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thulack [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So what is the competition for? What is the finish line that decides who best is? [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I would say the prestige and fame that comes along with being the number one guild.

Getting asked for autographs and being able to drink for free in any tavern in Norrath.

That or just being shiny in the EC tunnel and have people hate on you
Old 03-16-2013, 04:50 PM
Planar Protector

I think for this to work the GMs might have to get involved and give out the spawn times. The big difference between guilds like FE/TMO and everyone else is that FE/TMO are so large that they can field 30+ players 24/7. If the smaller guilds agree to a rotation and Divinity's Trakanon spawns at 4AM, they obviously won't be able to kill it for quite a while.

Anyway I am pretty sure that if Rogean mandated a vacation for the large guilds once a week the smaller guilds could work something out. There aren't THAT many of us; Taken/Divinity/The A-Team/Full Circle/Flawless Victory/Europa is only 6 (I'm putting BDA in with the big guilds which may or may not be fair; hope I haven't forgotten anyone but I think that's all the guilds that do sky on a regular basis.), and I count twelve raid targets (plus Maestro/Draco/Trakanon spawn 2x per week) so we'd all be pretty happy with two raid targets each that week, and we could schedule stuff appropriately.

But I think Tiggles is probably right here; FE has no reason to agree to a rotation when after 3-4 months of slogging they are finally getting on an even tier with TMO, and I don't blame them. TMO on the other hand has been farming this stuff for a year now, so all they would be missing out on is a few RnF threads [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
in words of anal fingers, just a filthy spaniard
Last edited by Splorf22; 03-16-2013 at 04:54 PM..
Old 03-16-2013, 04:56 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splorf22 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I think for this to work the GMs might have to get involved and give out the spawn times. The big difference between guilds like FE/TMO and everyone else is that FE/TMO are so large that they can field 30+ players 24/7. If the smaller guilds agree to a rotation and Divinity's Trakanon spawns at 4AM, they obviously won't be able to kill it for quite a while.

Anyway I am pretty sure that if Rogean mandated a vacation for the large guilds once a week the smaller guilds could work something out. There aren't THAT many of us; Taken/Divinity/The A-Team/Full Circle/Flawless Victory/Europa is only 6 (I'm putting BDA in with the big guilds which may or may not be fair; hope I haven't forgotten anyone but I think that's all the guilds that do sky on a regular basis.), and I count twelve raid targets (plus Maestro/Draco/Trakanon spawn 2x per week) so we'd all be pretty happy with two raid targets each that week, and we could schedule stuff appropriately.

But I think Tiggles is probably right here; FE has no reason to agree to a rotation when after 3-4 months of slogging they are finally getting on an even tier with TMO, and I don't blame them. TMO on the other hand has been farming this stuff for a year now, so all they would be missing out on is a few RnF threads [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Don't need spawn times dragons could stay up for like 24-48 hours or something.

I know gore stayed up for almost a week last time we didn't kill her.

In a rotation I would set a time period from spawn then it goes FFA something long though like 12-24 hours
Old 03-16-2013, 05:31 PM
Sarnak

A system along these lines would be very cool! Speaking for Full Circle, i know a large majority of us want to try these mobs out! The current system makes it almost impossible to even get a chance to attempt a mob, yet alone prepare/buff and engage without having 2 other guilds breathing on your neck. Especially with the new window-extension patch, the chances of us successfully tracking a mob, and having that mob spawn during a time of day that is not 4am-2pm is such a rare occurrence.
Old 03-16-2013, 05:45 PM
Kobold

IMO poop socking on a blue server is just stupid. I came from a server that had rotations set up so the way things are here is just silly to me.
Old 03-16-2013, 06:01 PM
Banned

Come play red bro, Kill your opposition instead of asking permission to mooch a boss every 3 months.... Personally I think that whole rotation thing is disgusting, Though I understand TMO wanting to block FE's taking of X boss to avoid them gearing up or making plat and vice verse. So either way, Casuals are gonna miss out on those mobs until deep velious when no one cares about it anymore.
Old 03-16-2013, 06:32 PM
Planar Protector

Rotations are Classic, no?