Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 03-16-2013, 06:33 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by RahlaeRuffian [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
IMO poop socking on a blue server is just stupid. I came from a server that had rotations set up so the way things are here is just silly to me.
Old 03-16-2013, 07:16 PM
Kobold

rotatations were classic on some servers and not on others, there were no rotations on my server.
Old 03-16-2013, 07:22 PM
Planar Protector

You would think that the attitude would be 'well, the real game happened 10 years ago, we're all here to have fun and relive some memories, lets just rotate on the boss mobs' but instead its 'I was in a 2nd tier guild on live, so now I'm going to be the best of the best on P1999 and have more pixels than anyone else'.
in words of anal fingers, just a filthy spaniard
Old 03-16-2013, 07:28 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splorf22 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You would think that the attitude would be 'well, the real game happened 10 years ago, we're all here to have fun and relive some memories, lets just rotate on the boss mobs' but instead its 'I was in a 2nd tier guild on live, so now I'm going to be the best of the best on P1999 and have more pixels than anyone else'.
i agree with this guy. its too bad
Old 03-16-2013, 10:32 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splorf22 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I was in a tier one back in the day, so now I'm re-enjoying the family guild aspect~
Old 03-17-2013, 04:19 AM
Sarnak

It would be nice to see some sharing for once. Though I suspect once FE officially breaks thru VP's front door, Div/Taken/BDA/FC/FV would see a few bosses slip through the fingers of these 2 as they battle it out in the final chapter of Kunark. I know BDA is thrilled with even getting so much as a Maestro kill these days [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Recoome Kaboom - ?? Shadow Knight (Ogre)
Tierael Div`launim - 40 Cleric (Dark Elf)
Old 03-17-2013, 04:52 AM
Sarnak

No known spawn time is required. It's not a question of being spoon fed. If a guild wants some specific mobs they would have to -loosely- track and mobilize for the targets. If something is up, it stays up for few hours (that's how it was on classic for many targets anyway).

It will be smaller guilds responsibility to manage the balance of power (be it rotation, tiered competition or whatever).

That would give a one week vacation to the guides and top guilds every 3 months (minus VP, that would help you focus only on this aspect).

I've read how much FE & TMO care about smaller guilds, I'm only asking for some true action this time. TMO could think about it as a condensed endangered species.

Also since I don't have any mandate among the smaller guilds, I don't want to talk for them, and I invite respective leaders of such guilds to try and discuss it with Zeelot & Sloan.

Make it happen! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Kaska, Phantasmist <Divinity>
Fuam, Druid 57 <Divinity>
Willo, Cleric 54 <Divinity>
Old 03-17-2013, 08:27 AM
Planar Protector

Dojo not on variance, is chain of 3 raid targets, results in goodies for all classes when slain, opens a ton of sky quests for alot of guilds. Could be rotation for guilds capable of doing sky up to island7, or if cant handle OoA/hand would leave those up for grabs for a guild that can. Also would remove the godawful weekly FTE idiocy at 1.5.

<--- not a spokesperson for FE by any means though!
Old 03-17-2013, 09:59 AM
Kobold

People seem to be forgetting also, Kunark has been out more than 200% longer than it was on live too. This has given TMO and (maybe) FE time to gear most mains + alts. While most of the rest of the server in most cases can not compete. Would love to see some more of the server with some of the nicer gear and feeling of accomplishment of killing some kunark end game. I think it would be fun for all and a healthy step in the right direction of the server. People might start to think differently of the server and we could see a lot of returning players possibly... Thats what it is about for most of the smaller guilds anyway, a sense of accomplishing a target take when they would have an actual chance to kill it.
Old 03-17-2013, 10:47 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiggles [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
TMO leadership would be and already is 100% fine if guilds want to contact us ahead of time and say they want to go after an outdoor dragon.

Not saying you have to ask for permission just let's us know not to track it or bat phone it.

Problem is and I don't mean this as offense divinity and other more casual guilds can not effectively compete with FE.

Not to be a slam against FE but they have a lot of new hungry members who need gear from these mobs and will race you 100% on every one.

This puts TMO in a situation where we are just allowing our direct competition access to upgrades and plat sales that we don't want them to have access too.

TMO has a bad rap and a lot of it is deserving but and I can say this truly that if a guild is not antognistic towards us we will be beneficent towards them.

The problem is again FE VDA IB TR there all the same group of core members floating from guild to guild so it makes us look like we are picking on smaller guild.

We currently let some members if taken raid VP with us and I 100% know if divinity needed help on a mob lots of us would lend a hand.

Anyways look up our endangered species program and if you can get FE to agree to not attempt a mob I'm sure TMO will do the same.

Maybe not trak or CT~

Also if you want Inny I want to roll on a mage staff for my alt ~~~~
Wasn't aware tiggles was speaking for FE now (you can't make a comment on what we will or won't race for, pretty sure a thread was started about TMO running over a full circle draco raid and we said we had no problem giving them a shot at it uncontested). I'm not either stating that upfront. My opinion is though that FE has just started getting a lot of these targets and does have a lot of new members to gear. If this was tmo/ib I could see this happening as they really don't need the gear for their "core" players, but FE still does have a legitimate need for the mobs hence going after them.

I think there are some mobs that are lesser priorities that could be left up every now and then but the argument that some people want to see the content but don't want to put in the time seems weak to me. Last I checked everquest was all about time invested versus the rewarded outcome. Was on classic and is here.

There are targets that are available as some people have pointed out and no one is attempting them or contesting them it seems. I think this kind of suggestions would get more backing if any of the guilds who wanted the mob were showing more initiative to do the stuff on their own. Again just my opinion.
Closed Thread