Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 09-23-2019, 12:15 PM
Banned

Question Will classic night time gamma mechanic be implemented on Green?

Pls adviSe
Old 09-24-2019, 06:43 PM
Banned

self pity reply
Old 09-24-2019, 06:46 PM
Fire Giant

https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...&postcount=163

this suggests otherwise.
Old 09-24-2019, 06:48 PM
Planar Protector

I'm hoping.

I've got some kind of Linux bug that makes my alpha/gamma levels affect the rest of my computer instead of the game (ie. I turn the slider up and everything BUT the game gets brighter).

This has made me re-appreciate the importance of night blindness much more. I kid you not, I just bought a 6k Eyepatch of the Shadows ... for my level 22 Cleric (who does have a Fungi and and a Velium Crystal Staff ... but is otherwise almost completely naked because I don't believe in stat gear for leveling).

I did it for the ultravision [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nagoya [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I thought that too, but someone else clarified that Rogean was talking about making the screen black around the book while meditating, so that you couldn't see anything. We may have forced book-viewing-while-meditating on Green, but at least we'll (unclassically) be able to see around it, per Rogean.

I don't think the staff has given a clear answer on alpha/gamma/night blindness questions yet.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 09-24-2019, 06:48 PM
Banned

isnt he referring to black meditation YouTube troll vs night vision 🤔

*thx loramin
Last edited by Chortles Snort|eS; 09-24-2019 at 06:52 PM.. Reason: NinjA
Old 09-24-2019, 06:52 PM
Planar Protector

Ultravision should make stuff look blue-ish. Infravision made mobs look distinctly red. Humans at some point--don't remember if it was right at launch--should start with a candle among the other usual starting items.

Danth
Old 09-24-2019, 07:00 PM
Fire Giant

oooh. i see.
good stuff then.
i might play a barb, but i wouldn't mind classic blindness for sure, my first toon ever was a barb and that blackburrow passage was super scary in pitch black with the howling of the gnolls intensifying as you move further in the caves as you see less and less but hear more and more.
my first purchase on that character was a Torch, and it was very hard to convince myself to dual wield weapons when i hit 13 heh.
(99% sure i didn't start with a candle. Era was early Kunark)
Last edited by Nagoya; 09-24-2019 at 07:03 PM..
Old 09-24-2019, 07:09 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nagoya [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
my first toon ever was a barb and that blackburrow passage was super scary in pitch black with the howling of the gnolls intensifying as you move further in the caves as you see less and less but hear more and more.
my first purchase on that character was a Torch, and it was very hard to convince myself to dual wield weapons when i hit 13 heh.
(99% sure i didn't start with a candle. Era was early Kunark)
See that is classic!! I too remember the terror of going to Blackburrow for the first time on live, and I hope others get to experience it again someday.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 09-24-2019, 07:10 PM
Planar Protector

No matter how far I've set the bright/etc down on P99 I've never been able to fix the way the Titanium client's long-distance clip fog causes that particular tunnel to be easy to navigate. I can get normal outdoor zones looking fairly normal, especially with Telin's updated sky textures running, but that specific tunnel is always way too easy to see my way through because of the above problem.

Danth
Old 09-24-2019, 07:12 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
No matter how far I've set the bright/etc down on P99 I've never been able to fix the way the Titanium client's long-distance clip fog causes that particular tunnel to be easy to navigate. I can get normal outdoor zones looking fairly normal, especially with Telin's updated sky textures running, but that specific tunnel is always way too easy to see my way through because of the above problem.

Danth
I don't play with sound anymore, so I don't have the terror of the Gnolls howling ... but with my unintentional Linux night blindness bug that tunnel is a challenge to get through now.

I'm holding out hope that the devs can figure out a way to hack Titanium (yet again) to bring back low-light classic-ness for everyone.

Closed Thread