Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 09-18-2018, 01:37 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dad [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
People routinely don’t invite people out of the fear of forming a non ideal group. That’s the biggest issue I’ve seen that impedes groups.
It's more extreme here, but that shit started with the shunning of hybrids in Kunark on live as the knowledge of the hybrid xp penalty slowly penetrated the player base. During Velious & into Luclin there was a fair bit of complaining on alt.games.everquest about pickup groups (i.e. groups not formed strictly from guildmates) forming in only two flavors:
- holy trinity (warrior+cleric+chanter) filled out with monks and rogues, or
- shaman instead of trinity and again fill it out with monks and rogues.

In short, the EQ playerbase has always been just as full of selfish pricks as real life. You need to make and keep friends if you want to have cool people to hang out with.
Old 09-18-2018, 04:57 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennymack007 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
As a new player I have a few characters now, my highest being a 25 rogue.

As a new player it is retardedly hard to find a group.

East Commonlands is full of people soloing.

I went to Crushbone and the entire place was being camped by people Soloing.

Unrest is the first dungeon where I could actually count on getting a group in the evening.

You see, this server has been around for too long. Everyone is playing Alts with thousands of plat worth of gear and just soloing into their late teens or early 20's. This really fucking sucks for us new players.

Either start playing with other people or reset the damn server. Because this IS NOT HOW CLASSIC WAS. I have so many fond memories from Classic because people were so friendly and it was easy to find a group.

EDIT: Make sure to read the line in BOLD
Most of what you said is true.

this is as close as it gets to classic. The mechanics are mostly classic, but the players aren't going to pretend like they know nothing about the game just to further immerse themselves.
Old 09-18-2018, 07:27 PM
Sarnak

Seems like the classic I remember. I started playing in '00. In fact I think I recall more monk twinks back in the day.

And I think you may be exaggerating or unlucky when it comes to finding a group.

Send more tells to make duos/trios/etc. Or ask around to find for more popular dungeons.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennymack007 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
As a new player I have a few characters now, my highest being a 25 rogue.

As a new player it is retardedly hard to find a group.

East Commonlands is full of people soloing.

I went to Crushbone and the entire place was being camped by people Soloing.

Unrest is the first dungeon where I could actually count on getting a group in the evening.

You see, this server has been around for too long. Everyone is playing Alts with thousands of plat worth of gear and just soloing into their late teens or early 20's. This really fucking sucks for us new players.

Either start playing with other people or reset the damn server. Because this IS NOT HOW CLASSIC WAS. I have so many fond memories from Classic because people were so friendly and it was easy to find a group.

EDIT: Make sure to read the line in BOLD
Old 09-19-2018, 12:33 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
I would just like for people to group more with new players!!!
I've never seen someone not invited to a group cuz their gear is under par [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Also man there is an awesome guild on the server called <Auld Lang Syne> probably more of what you are looking for!

Linkage:
https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...d.php?t=255352
Last edited by Hibbs; 09-19-2018 at 12:36 AM..
Old 09-19-2018, 01:49 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
That's actually fairly close to how the new Green/Recycle will (in theory) work someday. Server starts in 2021, runs along the classic timeline to 2023, resets (possibly shuffling everyone's character on to Blue?) and then runs again from 2025-2027, and again from 2027-2029, etc.

Drink[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.][You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 09-19-2018, 06:33 AM
Fire Giant

I recently played an untwinked wizard to 25 mostly grouping until then. Nearly all of the groups I was in were ones I formed myself. If I could get groups with a wizard I'm positive you could do it with literally any other class.
Old 09-19-2018, 12:15 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orxudan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
OP, you come across as whiny and confrontational. Why did you think it was a good idea, if you were having a problem, to make a thread attacking the server instead of asking for advice? That's a terrible approach to solving your problems.
Old 09-19-2018, 12:22 PM
Banned

Cringe, needs reset
Old 09-19-2018, 07:35 PM
Aviak

I wanted to make a useful post here but its on page 12 already... I want to say this is better then classic. I never found a port in months and spent all of my classic playtime on odus / stonebrunt mtns getting to lvl 39 sk before I ever made it to ec. On our wonderful server druids all know and they are happy to accommodate you. this feature makes solo or grouping both much easier then classic guild or no guild.
Old 09-19-2018, 08:12 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
That's actually fairly close to how the new Green/Recycle will (in theory) work someday. Server starts in 2021, runs along the classic timeline to 2023, resets (possibly shuffling everyone's character on to Blue?) and then runs again from 2025-2027, and again from 2027-2029, etc.
I am very confident at this point that every time you post about the "Green server", it is delayed another 5 months [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Closed Thread