Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 09-19-2018, 01:21 AM
Planar Protector

Why do any of you feel entitled to free gloves is the real question
It was at this point I decided to no longer be kind to the casuals as they have extreme short term memory. They did this to themselves, unfortunately.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maner View Post
No one in A/A cares that you aren't getting pixels. In fact after the last suspension wave the attitude is to stop letting the casual guilds get anything even remotely of value.
Old 09-19-2018, 01:26 AM
Fire Giant

Imagine volunteering in your free time to query role playing logs in an obscure elf world because a clumsy adventurer dropped some shitty noob gloves. I don't know how the staff does it, especially since they're not getting paid
Old 09-19-2018, 01:28 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaezil [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Why do any of you feel entitled to free gloves is the real question
Me? I never said I was entitled to free gloves? What are you referring to?
Old 09-19-2018, 06:11 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by poofph [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If this were a trial and if all the evidence you had is what I posted in the first post, I think he would be found guilty.. does that mean he is guilty.. no.. just saying it looks that way. I just stated what happened, everyone can and did come to their own conclusions.
I think the fact that gauntlets of fiery might aren't particularly rare, so it is within reasonable doubt that the pair the defendant owned wasn't the same pair as you dropped. It's circumstantial evidence at best, not enough for a conviction.
Old 09-19-2018, 06:31 AM
Banned

Search ahungry.com logs and see if Cained sold any gloves

I saw him in EC last night
Old 09-19-2018, 06:47 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScaringChildren [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I used to do ground transfers in EC.
Your skill in Gambling has increased (178).
Riigor - Cazic Thule Necromancer of <Auld Lang Syne>
Old 09-19-2018, 07:09 AM
Fire Giant

I dunno why anyone would ever do a ground transfer, unless it was for items worth less than a few hundred p. Find someone in a guild with a good reputation hanging out in EC and ask them for a transfer. Tip them for their time ahead of time and thank them when you're done. I've transferred items including a fungi this way via people I didn't know and I've never had a single thing stolen.
Old 09-19-2018, 07:23 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Whether the guy lied about it or not, picking something up off the ground is not against the server rules.
And with two threads going on the same issue about the same pair of gloves, this is really the bottom line. Consensus is Cained didn't do anything to begin with, but even if he had...it's perfectly within the rules. There was something lying on the ground and somebody picked it up. Okie doke. Random item laying on ground = FFA, finders keepers and all that.

At best, the OP can /petition the devs to give him a do-over on being dumb with a pretty decent item. IMHO, whoever did pick up those gloves should be allowed to keep them, and the devs can wish a new pair into existence for the goof who INTENTIONALLY dropped them on the ground. Or......

@poofph - go ALS style and actually kill any of the dragons that drop said gloves and win the roll! 4 dragons in Norrath give those gloves away for free, sometimes. All you gotta do is kill them to see if they have a pair laying around. Think of the fun!
Riigor - Cazic Thule Necromancer of <Auld Lang Syne>
Old 09-19-2018, 10:23 AM
Sarnak

While giving the item to a level 60 in a trusted guild (AG, Kittens, Tempest, Aftermath, etc) is the best way to go, I have transferred high end items through low level characters a few times without a problem. Each time, I have them agree to give the items specifically to my mule, put them in the trade window, and take a screenshot of the conversation and trade window. That way, if they decide to scam me I have evidence for a petition.

Although I have not had a problem, I do have a friend who has lost 20k that way once. They GMs banned the scammer's account and refused to restore it until he agreed to give the pp back to my friend. Anyway, these are much better ways to go rather than to drop-transfer the items!
Old 09-19-2018, 11:30 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScaringChildren [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Search ahungry.com logs and see if Cained sold any gloves

I saw him in EC last night
I have my own logs, and he was not selling those. For the last 3 days, Gauntlets were auctioned by 6; none of them him.