Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Priests

Closed Thread

Old 08-16-2013, 05:52 AM
Planar Protector

iksar best race for shaman come velious, still pretty boss in kunark.

iksar actually best race for any class that can be iksar come velious. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

http://www.project1999.org/forums/sh...ad.php?t=94928

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhambuk View Post
gotrocks community savior
Old 08-16-2013, 06:41 AM
Kobold

tecmos you muppet i said i was wrong, i thought server ticks were 5. theres even a link for it, soooo stop being angry behind your monitor. i had been up a long time doing crypt =/ dont be hater. btw arent you a necro or some junk? shoo!
Last edited by newsmurf; 08-16-2013 at 06:46 AM..
Old 08-16-2013, 06:58 AM
Orc

I rolled Iksar I love it I have no regrets, the regen is cool and the starting area is amazing, the only downside is being KOS everywhere...

Formally
Ragnis
<Reviction>
Morell Thule
Old 08-16-2013, 08:25 AM
Planar Protector

It gets better, Zeonick. Shamans are one of the classes that is pretty slow going early on (if you aren't twinked), but that gets decent in the 30s or so and pretty crazy at 50+.

Even duo for you right now can be painful, primarily because your slow isn't significant yet and you don't have regen to help top people off between pulls while you sit there medding/canniing. But regen and canni come at 24, a new slow comes at 29 (although I would guess you won't cast a slow and say "Wow!!" until you are 39), you get a pet for some added damage at 34, etc. Definite progression there, so if you can just stick with it you definitely come into your own.
Old 08-16-2013, 08:27 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by newsmurf [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
tecmos you muppet i said i was wrong, i thought server ticks were 5. theres even a link for it, soooo stop being angry behind your monitor. i had been up a long time doing crypt =/ dont be hater. btw arent you a necro or some junk? shoo!
You thought that was an angry post? [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I'm an enchanter!
Old 08-16-2013, 11:33 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by newsmurf [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
uhhh server ticks are 5 seconds no? and what is you smoking canni 3 = 50 mana a pop.

damnit this is why u dont stay up for 26 hours.
Suppose Canni 3 gives you 50 mana at 60. I don't agree with that premise but we'll go with it. Cannibalize 3 is 100 hp for 50 mana. Since you're regenning 120 hp per minute this is going to give you (120/100)*50 which gives you 60 mana per minute. Sitting it would be 90 per minute. That's for trolls/iksar. Ogres and barbs will be 20 and 35 respectively. So at 60 using Canni 3 you gain 40 and 55 mana per minute respectively. This is extra mana in addition to what you're normally getting with the Cannidance. Canni 4 has a better ratio so the numbers will be slightly higher using it. Those numbers are in my previous post. Less downtime for troll/iksar or an extra Torpor every 5 minutes. I'll still take an ogre

RED
Fistan - Necromancer
Iate - Shaman
Last edited by titofuentes; 08-16-2013 at 11:35 AM.. Reason: To add its extra mana
Old 08-16-2013, 02:24 PM
Kobold

Hey @Newsmurf, what's your IGN?

Would love to ask you some questions [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

MAIN - Zynfandel Whitewine - Level 26, Iksar Necromancer
Remyx N'Sync - Level 30, Half Elf Bard
Resolve Carpetcleaner - Level 28, Barbarian Shaman
Zyzzyx- Level 13 Dark Elf Enchanter
Shoryu - Level 13 Gnome Wizard
Maokai - Level 6, Wood Elf Druid

I definitely don't have Altitis.
Old 08-16-2013, 03:13 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tecmos Deception [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It gets better, Zeonick. Shamans are one of the classes that is pretty slow going early on (if you aren't twinked), but that gets decent in the 30s or so and pretty crazy at 50+.

Even duo for you right now can be painful, primarily because your slow isn't significant yet and you don't have regen to help top people off between pulls while you sit there medding/canniing. But regen and canni come at 24, a new slow comes at 29 (although I would guess you won't cast a slow and say "Wow!!" until you are 39), you get a pet for some added damage at 34, etc. Definite progression there, so if you can just stick with it you definitely come into your own.
That's really good to hear. I guess I was getting a little impatient as I'm sooo close to 24 yet soo far because I have such little time to play. My duo partners do always appreciate me though, buffs and heals are always nice. I would say enchanter was the easiest and safest exp so far but monk is the most fun and probably faster, yet more dangerous.

Anyway, shamans are just damn fun and I'm glad I picked one for this server [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 08-17-2013, 12:38 AM
Skeleton

I just figured out how to get on the server. I used to play a Barbarian Shaman in 2001. I started to play the regular servers and its not the same so I figured I would start a character here.

I see talk of troll, Iskar, and Ogre, no love for a Barbarian shaman? Also its been so long since I played what should I start my stats at with a barbarian? I was thinking about dumping everything into Stamina for the extra Hp's.
Old 08-17-2013, 12:49 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zarash [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I just figured out how to get on the server. I used to play a Barbarian Shaman in 2001. I started to play the regular servers and its not the same so I figured I would start a character here.

I see talk of troll, Iskar, and Ogre, no love for a Barbarian shaman? Also its been so long since I played what should I start my stats at with a barbarian? I was thinking about dumping everything into Stamina for the extra Hp's.
Barbarian shamans don't have a ton going for them but play whatever you feel like. HP return on STA for shamans is pretty awful so I'd suggest going WIS instead and picking up HP.
Need a port or a rez? Hit me up on IRC!
Closed Thread