Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Priests

Closed Thread

Old 02-13-2014, 03:19 AM
Planar Protector

heh i always keep sup heal 1, root/snare 2, and gate 8 as well [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] great minds think alike
Old 02-13-2014, 02:10 PM
Kobold

Sup heal 6
Ensnare 7
Root 8

ALWAYS... lol

Cheetah 1 as well... until one of my buds decides to log on and ungem cheetah!! omfg!

To add to the charming in perma... Glamour is a waste... Tried it a few times... It's just bleh... I would normally just go one on one and let them kill each other with the occassional pet killing 2 for 1 (pet haste here)... Pretty good flow killing the upper lvl bears with the dogs/spiders... Never had ES gloves, like Handull says, Ensnare costs too little and is quick enough... Come to think of it.. I never used snare in Perma... Root/Reroot = win...
Old 02-14-2014, 01:00 PM
Sarnak

Thanks for your inputs guys, nice to see another more spell sets around.

Quote:
With charming there is also the super buff and camp out method, works great in Chardok where pets can be harder to come by, tho the constant aoe ing might make Druid Chardok soloing a thing of the past.
Can you please give more info on this method? I guess you camping out for the pet to regen, similar to encs memblurring and re-charming method.

Quote:
Personally I stopped carrying Es gloves a while ago, for the long cast time and minimal mana savings I'd rather cast snare and be done with it.
Agree with you, specially when you get the White sathin gloves from sky. However, I stil carry them to save a spell gem in some situations.
Last edited by rafaone; 02-14-2014 at 01:02 PM..
Old 02-14-2014, 01:40 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuddwin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Sup heal 6
Ensnare 7
Root 8

ALWAYS... lol

Cheetah 1 as well... until one of my buds decides to log on and ungem cheetah!! omfg!

To add to the charming in perma... Glamour is a waste... Tried it a few times... It's just bleh... I would normally just go one on one and let them kill each other with the occassional pet killing 2 for 1 (pet haste here)... Pretty good flow killing the upper lvl bears with the dogs/spiders... Never had ES gloves, like Handull says, Ensnare costs too little and is quick enough... Come to think of it.. I never used snare in Perma... Root/Reroot = win...
Snare is just useless for soloing until they fix stacking in Velious. Root is always a better choice of CC til then.

I haven't loaded ensnare or snare for months now beyond pulling something like Estrella to zone line.
Old 02-15-2014, 04:59 PM
Sarnak

Updated !!

- Tweaked a bit the buffs section (Tecmos suggested).
- Added some tips for charming.
- Included the ensnare vs snare resist (thanks Daldaen)
Old 02-17-2014, 12:17 AM
Sarnak

Good guide, one comment:

When you say "stacks with your higuer level magic-based DoT (For example, winged dead)", there really isn't any 'for example'. I believe it ONLY stacks with Wnged Death, since it does not stack with Drifting Death.
Old 02-17-2014, 07:54 AM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daldaen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Snare is just useless for soloing until they fix stacking in Velious. Root is always a better choice of CC til then.

I haven't loaded ensnare or snare for months now beyond pulling something like Estrella to zone line.
Works pretty good for quadding seafuries/forest giant ancients, etc.
Old 02-17-2014, 10:12 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
When you say "stacks with your higuer level magic-based DoT (For example, winged dead)", there really isn't any 'for example'. I believe it ONLY stacks with Wnged Death, since it does not stack with Drifting Death.
Good point - Corrected [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 02-17-2014, 10:23 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by bartly [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Works pretty good for quadding seafuries/forest giant ancients, etc.
Haven't quadded in quite a long time. Charm solo or no solo! But I guess if quadding makes you happy, yes snaring is fine. But ES Gauntlets work there too. Or Bonds of Tunare if you body pull them and group them before snaring.
Old 02-17-2014, 03:18 PM
Planar Protector

Yeah, charm a mob, give it all the buffs, and solo one or two mobs with it, park it, camp in a safe spot, pet gets out of combat regen. Sucks if you are grouping, but works the same as encs mez and memblur. If you get the spawn in the Chardok slave pit to be a dog you can do pretty well on there soloing.

The 53 magic dot stacks with all other Druid dots. The other magic dots are in the same line and you can only use one at a time.
Closed Thread