Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 11-15-2017, 02:39 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by skarlorn [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I have been interviewing some candidates for a customer service type role. It reminded me how pathetic most people's WPM count is. These fuckers applying to me with 60 WPM, cringe.

My wpm clocks between 120-150. What about you?

I'm guessing we have a lot of elite typists on these boards.
Depends how good she takes dictation, if you know what I mean.
Old 11-15-2017, 05:53 PM
Planar Protector

http://zty.pe/

EQ taught me how to type. My "computer class" in middle / high school was effectively just typing lessons. The teacher flipped out when I came back one summer at 100+ WPM and 100% accuracy whereas before I was pushing 30/80, respectively. "I can't believe you spent all summer practicing!" "Uhh... Yeah. Me neither."

Re: Sirken getting a new keyboard. I still use my 1986 Model M and I'm definitely faster on it than most other "modern" keyboards. I feel that newer keyboards aren't as good at picking up on nearly simultaneous keystrokes and tend to drop characters. There's also something to be said for being able to literally "bang out an angry email" and not worry about breaking your keyboard =p

That said, some of the smaller keyboards that require less finger travel definitely improve my WPM, it just depends if they can keep up with me or not. I'm not consistently fast though - I would estimate that I start out around 120 and get faster the longer I'm typing during that session. I also never learned how to type "correctly" I just did the hunt and peck with index fingers and slowly added fingers over the years. I type the same letter with different fingers for example. It just depends which finger happens to be closer. In this paragraph, I used my left middle finger to hit the Y key a few times...

I also switch between using the numpad and the digit row (what's that line called anyway?) It depends how many numbers I need to type. Anything greater than a phone number is generally numpad.

-Mcoy
Old 11-15-2017, 07:35 PM
Planar Protector

looks like i am at 88 ^.~
Old 11-15-2017, 09:19 PM
Banned

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by maskedmelon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
looks like i am at 88 ^.~
really? i'da thought much higher ^^

i'm tempted to say your strength must be thinking super fast, but that can't be right. perhaps intuiting fast?
Old 11-16-2017, 09:11 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyejin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
really? i'da thought much higher ^^

i'm tempted to say your strength must be thinking super fast, but that can't be right. perhaps intuiting fast?
yeah, I think you right, it's not thinking fast (*^o^*);; one difference I thought of is that when I was taking th test I was reading and copying and ended up with more errors,because I read slow and have troubl focusing so my fingers stumbled a lot. then i ate up a bunch of time correcting those as I went along. maybe I will try a different test or try that one again without fixing the errors ^^; there were a LOT.