Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 09-05-2018, 01:55 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Reset the Server. In 1.5 years, another player shows up complaining about that same thing. Every time someone complains, Reset the Server just for them.

I think this is an EQ with kunark/velious issue, not just the server itself. There is such a larger time sync between 50-60 than 1-50 that casual players end up there slogging away there instead of the putzing through the lower levels on alt, etc. So the server will always end up top heavy and PL'ing alts at lower levels.
Well if you wanted the server to really be all about the Classic feel, then yeah you would need to reset it after X years. But that was more or less just a sarcastic solution, the real solution here is for people to stop being assholes just because they have twinks.
Last edited by kennymack007; 09-05-2018 at 01:59 PM..
Old 09-05-2018, 02:02 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennymack007 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
And I DEFINITELY don't remember seeing this many twinks. I remember seeing my first twink back then and being amazed. Here on P99 Twinks are INFESTING the low level zones.
I remember back in '99 my friend "twinked" out his DE Warrior with a full set of Bronze armor and an Axe of the Iron Back.

The whole neighborhood thought he was a badass.
Old 09-05-2018, 02:04 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennymack007 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
the real solution here is for people to stop being assholes
This is a huge overreaction to a non-problem, and some advice you should follow yourself. Just because you don't like the fact that people solo or have low characters in high-end gear doesn't mean that anyone is doing anything wrong. Thinking they're all out there just ruining YOUR enjoyment of the game is just insanely egocentric and narrow minded.

Lots of people are adults with real lives, so the argument that they AFK often is likely true. And sometimes it's just easier to not have to tell people, or worry about if you're affecting them/getting them killed.
Old 09-05-2018, 02:20 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karthil [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This is a huge overreaction to a non-problem, and some advice you should follow yourself. Just because you don't like the fact that people solo or have low characters in high-end gear doesn't mean that anyone is doing anything wrong. Thinking they're all out there just ruining YOUR enjoyment of the game is just insanely egocentric and narrow minded.

Lots of people are adults with real lives, so the argument that they AFK often is likely true. And sometimes it's just easier to not have to tell people, or worry about if you're affecting them/getting them killed.
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] I'm sorry but it's extremely frustrating. Sorry to overreact about this. Guess I'll just go kick rocks and play a different game. Because this is not how Classic was.

So maybe they should rebrand the server to "Classic everquest except it has been up for a long time and everyone that is low level is a twink and no they don't want to group because they are adults with real lives and that's your problem for not being able to solo until you can do Unrest or something".

Get real dude, it's a problem. Listen. Hi, I don't have twink gear, and I can't find anyone to group with because 9 out of 10 people online are Twinks. Are you calling me a lair? Then make a new character and don't twink and level up to 16. Tell me it's not a problem then.
Old 09-05-2018, 02:25 PM
Fire Giant

I'm sorry the free server hurt your feelings
Old 09-05-2018, 02:33 PM
Sarnak

Default ^_^

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lammy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
^
Old 09-05-2018, 02:38 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScaringChildren [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I remember back in '99 my friend "twinked" out his DE Warrior with a full set of Bronze armor and an Axe of the Iron Back.

The whole neighborhood thought he was a badass.
Trembling in my Raw-hide Boots...
Old 09-05-2018, 02:40 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] I'm sorry but it's extremely frustrating. Sorry to overreact about this. Guess I'll just go kick rocks and play a different game. Because this is not how Classic was.

So maybe they should rebrand the server to "Classic everquest except it has been up for a long time and everyone that is low level is a twink and no they don't want to group because they are adults with real lives and that's your problem for not being able to solo until you can do Unrest or something".

Get real dude, it's a problem. Listen. Hi, I don't have twink gear, and I can't find anyone to group with because 9 out of 10 people online are Twinks. Are you calling me a lair? Then make a new character and don't twink and level up to 16. Tell me it's not a problem then.
I don’t understand what solution you would like the staff to implement on its test server for the eventual “classic” server that will include proper time progression.
Old 09-05-2018, 02:40 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lammy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You guys are just a bunch of assholes. You are probably one of those people that sit on your level 8 twink and look at that new player in OOC spamming "LFG" and think.. "welp sucks to be him, he better not start pulling my mobs though"
Last edited by kennymack007; 09-05-2018 at 02:42 PM..
Old 09-05-2018, 02:42 PM
Sarnak

Quit making excuses and figure it out. I have no problem finding groups. I was in a MM group last night with my Druid and of the 6 of us only the rogue was twinked.
Closed Thread