Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 09-07-2018, 05:20 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Fun historical side note: the SOE staff tried to make Club Fu change their guild name (ie. "Club Fuck You"), but they managed to convince them (falsely) that it was Fu as in the Chinese "good luck" character, and so they got to keep it [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
That is an awesome old school MMO story right there.
Old 09-07-2018, 05:24 PM
Kobold

<Silent Redemption> was the top guild on Brell. I can't remember exactly when they took over, but they were on top for 6 - 7 years.
Old 09-07-2018, 05:33 PM
Sarnak

I remember <Magister> was top on Emarr. I'm not sure if that was during classic or if that was slightly after. I think you had to have cable/DSL instead of dial up as one of the requirements.
Old 09-07-2018, 05:43 PM
Orc

I played on BB and was in Circle of Legends until the end of PoP. It was a pretty competitive raid scene. I recall guild leaders (Pouty) Club Fu and (Vabeeker?) Arch Overseers didn't like each other much and was a good source of server drama weekly. AO faded away, I don't really remember why and after that it was pretty much Club Fu, Ring of Valor and Circle of Legends.

After PoP I have no idea.
Old 09-07-2018, 06:07 PM
Sarnak

I was on Druzzil Ro and it was very top heavy. Vindication (Seekers,Township Rebellion whatever they were that week changed names a lot), Hoss, Mythic Legion, L’malla, Valiant Elite, Novus Invictus. Hoss/Vindication/Mythic Legion were the top 3 guilds up till Luclin when Vindication transfered to The Ledgends server and changed to Township Rebellion. Server had a pretty good rotation going at the top end until Hoss woke the sleeper and everything went FFA. Hoss still has the forums up where you can read through all the old arguments.
Old 09-07-2018, 06:18 PM
Sarnak

I played on AB even though I’m American. I remember many good guilds but the ones that stuck in my mind were Tide, Raging Fury, D’Pikey, Shadows of Doom. Some damn good guilds
Old 09-07-2018, 06:49 PM
Kobold

Default ...

I played on rallos zek until LDoN - The Top raiding guild was without question <Ascending Dawn> but <Wudan> and <Magus Imperalis Magicalis> weren't far behind. I believe MiM eventually went on to gain the upper hand, but that was after my time.

Funfact, it was AD and Wudan and my own second tier raiding guild, <Seekers of Divinity> that were the first to kill the sleeper, on any server.
Old 09-07-2018, 07:10 PM
Aviak

Solusek Ro was HoSS - VVV - Paradigm & Magna Carta - > merge with Bristlebane rip Paradigm eventually

Was a sweet server till bristlebane!
Old 09-07-2018, 07:23 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cecily [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Phantom Raiders on Bertoxx

Dragon Council.. I remember DC being widely hated and I wanted to join them or PR really bad then.

Prophesy too. Think those were our top 3.
Dragon Council had a bad reputation? I don't remember that for some reason... Then again it was a long time ago and I was pretty young. I can certainly say we had some great people and great players in the guild.

<Divine> and <Prophecy> were the top 2 early on. Divine ended up fizzling out and eventually <Phantom Raiders> showed up and became the strongest guild at least Velious-PoP.

Honorable mention to <Order of the Scattered Winds> who really grew in strength and had many awesome races against Dragon Council.

We also had the greatest leveling guild of all time <Guardians of the Mossy Log>
Old 09-07-2018, 07:27 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lurgort/Sseri [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I remember <Valon> and <Clan Ta Veren> as #1 and ##2 with <Dawntreaders>, <Shadow Council> being the family style but with some raiding on Terris-Thule from '00-'06.
Yeah, that’s right. I remembered CTV but for the life of me couldn’t come up with Valon. Was bothering the sh#* out of me.
Last edited by Tuurin; 09-07-2018 at 07:30 PM..
Closed Thread