Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 09-07-2018, 07:32 PM
Kobold

I started on Firiona Vie just after Velious came out. I was in a good/neutral aligned guild named Ring of the Light. We weren't a top guild but we were in an alliance of like guilds.
Not sure who was raiding ST but I was able to buy a Primal Velium Warsword for my ranger. I liked that sword [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 09-07-2018, 07:52 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gozuk [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Dragon Council had a bad reputation? I don't remember that for some reason... Then again it was a long time ago and I was pretty young. I can certainly say we had some great people and great players in the guild.

<Divine> and <Prophecy> were the top 2 early on. Divine ended up fizzling out and eventually <Phantom Raiders> showed up and became the strongest guild at least Velious-PoP.

Honorable mention to <Order of the Scattered Winds> who really grew in strength and had many awesome races against Dragon Council.

We also had the greatest leveling guild of all time <Guardians of the Mossy Log>
I vaguely remember that. I was a mostly solo rogue on live, bouncing from guild to guild and doing my own thing. I'd spend whole days pickpocketing hill giants in RM. Stuff like that and not ever going on berthall left me completely insulated from server politics. I do remember hearing people bash DC for being scummy, alot. Whether that equates to what we consider P99 scummy, I can't say.

We had much better guild names on Bertoxx than this server does, that's for sure.

I was Retch of <Lost Boys> and <Spellfire>
Old 09-07-2018, 07:57 PM
Planar Protector

Triton on Povar
Harmonium on Xev
Old 09-07-2018, 08:21 PM
Sarnak

I played casually on Cazic Thule server but I remember the top guilds being <Element of Darkness> and <The Relentless> from Kunark to about PoP when I stopped playing.

I could be wrong since it was all word of mouth to me. Anybody from CT able to confirm. I remember other top end guilds were <Shadowed Soul> and <Cohort Chalybeius>?
Old 09-07-2018, 08:33 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dad [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The Tribunal
<The Elitist Vagrants>
<Sol Invictus>
<Legendary>
<Royal Norrathian Guard> (RNG)

We had a ton of parity on our server.
Holy smokes been long time sense I seen some of those names hah.. Old Tribunal player here
Old 09-07-2018, 08:47 PM
Sarnak

Was never a hardcore raider on live but I think on Quellious it was <Vis Maior>. They went over to WoW for many years after EQ...guild probably ran ~10 years or so

Probably would have been a part of them had I not server hopped so much
Old 09-07-2018, 09:57 PM
Fire Giant

On Rodcet Nife the two top dogs were AOD (Avatars of Discord) and Ascent. One of my rl friends was in Ascent.

My other friend/roommate was in Harbingers of Storm before moving to Inner Loop where I joined him after being in Brew Masters. Inner Loops was a cool guild, small but efficient. We all got together in Las Vegas once. A number of us are still Facebook friends.

The other guild I remember was a sister guild of Brew Masters, Trebles Band (sp?). When one of them would zone in somewhere, they would shout "Oh hell yeah!".
Old 09-07-2018, 10:02 PM
Planar Protector

This is a really cool effort. Attempting to make it more organized and official if you want. Will give all credit to OP - https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...d.php?t=306573
Old 09-07-2018, 10:16 PM
Kobold

On Veeshan Fires of Heaven reigned supreme, they had a little stint here with some OG members, Ashurr for one, he once reprimanded me for Kill stealing on live, we later found that out while chatting in Chardok here on p99.
Unfortunatly they left last year to create Flames of Reverence on Agnarr.
Miss my FoH buddies!
Old 09-07-2018, 10:24 PM
Fire Giant

TUNARE. IMO but widely accepted,
Talisman
Divine crusade
Cynosure
In that order
Kittens Who Say Meow / Asgard / The Mystical Order / Forsaken / Aftermath
Sacrifice*P99G*
[] Tunare 2000+ Kabijito [] FippyDarkpaw TLP Radda []
Closed Thread