Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 09-16-2018, 06:53 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pint [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm p confident I'd lose a hand to hand battle with a coyote
Nah man, you ever seen a coyote? They’re like not even the size of a medium dog. I’d blast that fake wolf ass
Old 09-16-2018, 10:03 PM
Fire Giant

I agree with Trelaboon. Coyotes seem pretty stupid, at least from what I've seen on cartoons. Cartoons are real, right?

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 09-16-2018, 10:12 PM
Banned

Maybe shopkeepers are the default Norrathians and the player is the exception.
Old 09-17-2018, 12:50 AM
Planar Protector

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by clevergirl [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Maybe shopkeepers are the default Norrathians and the player is the exception.
I mean that is the actual case. It's like none of you read your Tome of Order and Discord, jeez!
Old 09-17-2018, 04:50 AM
Sarnak

I wonder why noones been talking about the spider in the room yet.
Let's take the Level 1 Monk engaging a spiderling. The Level 1 Monk's martial arts Training obviously sucked. He hits like any other male adult around, his only advantage being that he is able to utilize his second fist every third battle and he kicks from time to time (so do warriors). He has a nice sixpack though, so apparently he didn't practice fighting but spent most of his time in the academy doing sit-ups. Oh and I forgot Mend: He is also able to significantly hurt himself every 5minutes.

Now he's going out there to battle a spider the size of a German Shepard with his bare fists. I don't think any of us earthlings would dare to or could do that!
Old 09-17-2018, 08:18 AM
Sarnak

Well, a well geared level 60 warrior can take 200 times as much punishment, mitigates like 5 to 50 times as much damage depending on what he's fighting, does like 50 to 500 times as much damage depending on what he's attacking, can teleport, fly, turn invisible, slow people down, stick them in place and poison them blind.

So....probably pretty strong?
Old 09-17-2018, 10:57 AM
Sarnak

Any different from taking on a caster mob that can punch you for more damage than whatever weapon you're utilizing while accepting your hit yet continues to keep casting an offensive spell, followed up by a healing spell, while dodging, parrying, and weaving like Muhammad Ali?

And let's not even ask if you are the caster how often your stunned when the spell is about to launch...
Old 09-17-2018, 11:32 AM
Sarnak

You try fighting anything while carrying a 8 backpacks all filled with rusty swords and a worn great staff. Most earthlings would be lucky to stand up.
Old 09-17-2018, 11:45 AM
Skeleton

Please keep it coming, this thread is gold /popcorn
Best comment: "You try fighting anything while carrying a 8 backpacks all filled with rusty swords and a worn great staff. Most earthlings would be lucky to stand up."
Old 09-17-2018, 12:24 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuurin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You try fighting anything while carrying a 8 backpacks all filled with rusty swords and a worn great staff. Most earthlings would be lucky to stand up.
Don't forget that there's a decent chance the only clothes you have on while you are doing this is a raggedy old shirt. Pants do not come as part of the basic Norrathian adventurer starter kit. Casters are lucky that they get a robe at least.
Closed Thread