Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

View Poll Results: Restrictions on scout roll?
Only characters level 55+ can roll 112 52.09%
Keep the scout roll as is 96 44.65%
Other (please elaborate in a post) 7 3.26%
Voters: 215. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 09-20-2018, 02:25 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xzorn [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The mob is level 58, this isn't a hard choice IMO.

If you can't contribute reasonably to the kill effort you don't get to roll against those who do.
Let's also limit Level 70 mobs drops to level 67 players.
Old 09-20-2018, 06:53 AM
Large Bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimjam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Let's also limit Level 70 mobs drops to level 67 players.
That's not a reasonable comparison.

Does your guild bring lvl 30 mains into ToV with no resist gear, no clickies, completely unprepared? I'm betting they don't.

Do drops go to alts rather than rot? Yea, sometimes they do but the alt in question isn't making it more difficult for present characters who are prepared.

I want to be clear. There's nothing wrong with rolling for Scout on your 10th alt. What's unreasonable is allowing UN-invested characters to roll against invested one.

A level restriction is the most lenient manner to control this.
Old 09-21-2018, 12:21 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xzorn [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Does your guild bring lvl 30 mains into ToV with no resist gear, no clickies, completely unprepared?
Mine does
Old 09-21-2018, 12:34 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by NecroP99 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
46+ to stay classic
Pretty sure a bunch of 46 cleric's could do the CH chain for ToV lol ;p

Lvl 60 would just be more mana and better meditate
Old 09-21-2018, 01:02 AM
Fire Giant

Voted to keep as is. It will likely be a train wreck trying to police this and people out to get around it will be a pita. Remember what this used to be like... click fest. I’d be very careful about rocking the boat and risk relapsing.

This way at least everyone who shows up has an equal chance.

Btw if you show and roll - correct me if Im wrong - but you can freely state pre-roll that you refuse to help with the kill if winner is below level 55 or whatever. If that sort of rhetoric was spread it might dissuade people from showing up with low level toons without at least having their own kill squad.
Old 09-21-2018, 03:23 AM
Large Bat

It would not be hard to police. Just as pre-46 characters can't go into Planar zones. It's one code addition with no overhead required by anyone.

Lock the zone or just have Scout ignore turn ins from players under level 50.
Last edited by Xzorn; 09-21-2018 at 03:25 AM..
Old 09-21-2018, 03:41 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
It would not be hard to police. Just as pre-46 characters can't go into Planar zones. It's one code addition with no overhead required by anyone.

Lock the zone or just have Scout ignore turn ins from players under level 50.
This is a player-made agreement right? Is staff even involved? Will staff currently intervene if someone just skips the roll and does turn-in to the chagrin of everyone that showed up to roll?

With #notclassic being a thing I find it impossible to think that staff would actually code something differently to what it is now to cater to the demands of some regarding the scout. I know they have a history for nerfing things with AOE but that was because an entire zone was more or less perma-camped by 1 group selling exp. This, in contrast, seems like such small deal...
Old 09-21-2018, 08:40 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by commongood [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This is a player-made agreement right? Is staff even involved? Will staff currently intervene if someone just skips the roll and does turn-in to the chagrin of everyone that showed up to roll?
At one point there was a poll asking to turn the scout from the clickfest to a roll. There were about 200 voters and 2/3 picked the roll, thus making the roll a player-made agreement. The staff does enforce player-made agreements, and you will be punished if you break the agreement.

However, I don't think that people realized that there would be characters as low as level 17 (from what I've seen) coming to roll.
Old 09-21-2018, 08:45 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by snyder43 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
At one point there was a poll asking to turn the scout from the clickfest to a roll. There were about 200 voters and 2/3 picked the roll, thus making the roll a player-made agreement. The staff does enforce player-made agreements, and you will be punished if you break the agreement.

However, I don't think that people realized that there would be characters as low as level 17 (from what I've seen) coming to roll.
I'm not trying to be a contrarian here but I need have this cleared up for me.

I remember this pole but I cannot find it written anywhere that there is now a player-made agreement in place. A random person creating a poll on forums and 200 people voting seems like a terrible grounds for any agreement to be put in place. Half of those who voted might not even play on the server anymore and even if they did that represents way less than half of the population. So yeah, struggling to believe there is a staff-enforced agreement in place on those grounds but I'd be happy to be proven wrong if you could link me to where it's documented?
Old 09-21-2018, 09:57 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by commongood [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I remember this pole but I cannot find it written anywhere that there is now a player-made agreement in place. A random person creating a poll on forums and 200 people voting seems like a terrible grounds for any agreement to be put in place. Half of those who voted might not even play on the server anymore and even if they did that represents way less than half of the population. So yeah, struggling to believe there is a staff-enforced agreement in place on those grounds but I'd be happy to be proven wrong if you could link me to where it's documented?
I could not find any place where a GM/dev/etc. says that this is in fact a rule, but the original poll is here. However, last year when A/A were banned from raiding, the casual guilds made agreements to rotate raid mobs. When some people from AG decided to kill VS when it wasn't their turn, the guild was suspended. The GMs didn't specifically say that these player-made agreements for raid mobs was an enforceable rule specifically, but they they did say in the past that they will enforce player-made agreements. According to the agreement laid out in the poll, you will be petitioned if you ignore the roll and turn in. While the scenario is not the same as the AG ban, I think it will be viewed in the same fashion.
Last edited by snyder43; 09-21-2018 at 10:17 AM..
Closed Thread