Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 09-19-2018, 07:16 AM
Kobold

Default Named cycle in skyfire – close to wizard portal

Hey guys,
I tried to farm named mobs in Skyfire for a few hours close to wizard portal (near the bones) but I only saw 2 named wandering (a mature wurm and a wurm spirit)
Does someone know precisely where they spawn, their respawn time, and maybe have the /loc to share ?
Thanks !
Old 09-19-2018, 10:22 AM
Planar Protector

If you head south of wiz portal, there is a rock which is at the bottom of the mountain but still on the flat ground (roughly -3700 1000 according to map).

When you kill mobs on the named cycle, they respawn inside the mountain, then walk a bit north and pop out by that rock.
Respawn time by rock is 1 minute after kill, so check the rock 1 minute after each kill, if you have a new pop, cycle is going on.

Last but not least, mobs on named cycle are ALL dark blue to 60.
Cerras - Hierophant // Dharkan - Warlock
Kirua - Assassin // Veuve - Gravelord
Tornade - Warder // Fikko - High Priest
Dikkenek - Warlord // Barraki - Crusader
Old 09-19-2018, 10:33 AM
Sarnak

Here's some good info on the cycle.

Credit: Scirocco

Quote:
There are several "named cycles" in Skyfire that seem to have a better chance of dropping spells. Kill one of the mobs on the cycle, and the next one pops at random a minute later somewhere within the spawning area for that particular cycle.

There may be as many as four named cycles going at once in different locations, according to reports. I personally can only confirm three. The easiest to spot is the "Inner Cycle" in the SW near the BW zone. The mobs here spawn in the flats south of the mountain just north of the zone, and roam the area to the east (past the wall) and west. They can go up the mountain as well.

The "Outer Cycle" in the SW is just a little bit north and NE of the Inner Cycle, and you can often find named cycle mobs from both on tracking if you are near the wall.

The other two cycles would be one farther to the east near the other zone line, and one further to the inside.

The following mobs can appear in each cycle, in random order:

Black Scar
shadow drake
soul devourer
Guardian of Felia
lava walker
wandering wurm
wurm spirit
Faerie of Dismay
Felia Goldenwing
Eldrig the Old

Mobs to root and dot.

Go for those with the less hitpoints. Botomless gnawers and feasters, wyverns, wurms, mature wurms. Skyash and skycinder drakes are possible too, but they have more hit points for their level and seems to have a higher MR. You could also try normal chromadracs, although you need to keep a safe distance between you and them to avoid their spells (boiled blood and dispell). Even when pulling, always keep Spirit of Cheetah memorized just in case you got dispelled. This spell is a true life safer in this zone.

Couple more observations:

At level 54, Elder Wyverns are a bit too tough. You can kill them but no other mob in this zone (not counting chromos or lvl 60s....which you should be avoiding anyway) will send you running to the zoneline as much. They resist your darks and fears alot. I've killed them. If you're persistent, you can do it but often it takes two pets, medding, and running LOL. Simply not worth it at level 54.

That being said, the Mature creature lines are what I really look for at this level. They're tough but manageable. The exp is really nice. I'm referring to Mature Wyverns, Mature Wyrms, Old Wurms.

Drakes: Skyfire is much like the mature. They can be tough but worth it. Skycinder are not too much tougher than Greater War Boned or Tatterback Gorillas and exp is about the same.

The Bottomless devourer/gnawer/devourer etc... are all pretty easy and can occassionally drop a nice spell.

Skyfire_Special1 (Spawngroup id: 1507) 30 second respawn
Skyfire_Special2 (Spawngroup id: 1508) 60 second respawn
Guardian_of_Felia (91005) [44] = 5%
Faerie_of_Dismay (91012) [47] = 5%
a_wandering_wurm (2186, 2187, 91031, 91083) [47-50] = 2%, 2%, 2%, 2%
a_shadow_drake (91063) [47] = 5%
Felia_Goldenwing (91081) [45] = 2%
Black_Scar (91088) [45] = 5%
a_lava_walker (2190) [52] = 5%
a_wurm_spirit (2208) [47] = 5%
a_soul_devourer (2207) [46] = 5%
a_bottomless_feaster (2183) [46] = 11%
a_skycinder_drake (91006) [47] = 11%
a_mature_wyvern (91003) [48] = 11%
a_mature_chromodrac (91052) [49] = 11%
a_mature_wurm (91053) [47] = 11%
Old 09-19-2018, 10:47 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maelstrom [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Here's some good info on the cycle.

Credit: Scirocco
It is definitely a 30s spawn. Some mobs take a little longer to path out because they are casters (like Felia) and buff themselves. Otherwise, the above quoted post is precisely how I got this cycle to work and did Felia.
Old 09-19-2018, 10:54 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by isoka [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Last but not least, mobs on named cycle are ALL dark blue to 60.
Guardian of Felia can be dark green to 60, the rest are dark blue.
Old 09-19-2018, 01:28 PM
Fire Giant

Alternatively, if you are/have a bard, you can Highsun mobs to force them to gate, and when you find the one that gates and appears at the rock, that's the named PH.
Old 10-31-2018, 05:40 AM
Fire Giant

In Scirocco's post on wiki it is mentioned that:

Quote:
Graveyard Cycle
-- To start the "Graveyard Cycle" you'll have to find the roaming PH, which is always blue to a level 60. After killing the PH, the next mob will spawn at -3608, 960 in 30 seconds. If a high level bard is involved, one person can invis and stand on the loc while the bard spams Song of Highsun on roaming mobs until one lands on the spawn point.
Am I to understand that there is only one PH in the graveyard cycle? Because there are several dark blue mobs at 60.
Old 10-31-2018, 06:26 AM
Banned

I’d like to note that if you are looking for eldrig the old I’m almost positive he doesn’t spawn here and there is much easier way to get him
Old 10-31-2018, 06:32 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zipity [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I’d like to note that if you are looking for eldrig the old I’m almost positive he doesn’t spawn here and there is much easier way to get him
Good to know. I'm personally looking for Felia who I know spawns there [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 11-07-2018, 05:52 AM
Fire Giant

Okay I spent probably like 5 hours spread out over two days camping Felia using the description by "Scirocco" from the wiki (https://wiki.project1999.com/Skyfire_Named_Cycle) and I have a few comments/additional info:

First of all not every mob spawning in the cycle is blue to a level 60. While most are I had at least two spawn in the exact spot (and confirmed as PH's as their death spawned something new in the spot 30-60 secs later) that conned green to me. One was a Guardian of Felia and the other was just a regular mob. Chromodrac I think. This complicates things a bit because you can not be sure that just by killing anything that cons blue to you in the area will eventually spawn a PH at the spot (-3608, 960). Of my 5 hours I only actually spent ~3 killing actual placeholders while the rest of the time was spent semi-frustrated killing blue mobs and hoping to kill the right one eventually.

Second of all I once tried NOT killing the PH right away but instead followed it around to try and map it's route to possibly make it easier later on to find it without having to resort to genocide in the boneyard. Sadly it does not just have one route. Initially it walks around and pauses at several locations before returning to "the spot". This is great, I thought but decided to not kill it and wait to be sure it only had this one route. It then started walking again only this time taking different and longer tour of the boneyard. What's more is that once it finished this tour it didn't come back to "the spot" but rather to a spot not far away further along the hill side. It then started walking once again along a third path. It was at this point that my patience ran out as I realized any information would also be of very limited use as it would likely be close to impossible to identify it from other mobs in the boneyard since all of the roam and apparently have several routes.

For those it might interest anyway here are the locs at which the PH stopped beginning from the first stop from when it spawned. So I believe this is the first route it always takes but that is just an assumption. The PH stopped at each loc for about 10-15 seconds:

#1: -2901.77, 1178.31
#2: -2920.75, 800.84
#3: -2813.01, 105.59
#4: -3304.10, 56.87
#5: Back to "the spot" -3608, 960

Okay, this is where it began it's second route and where I eventually gave up:

#6: -3113.42, 1301.14
#7: -2966.67, 1834.78
#8: -3509.37, 822.80
#9: -3591.95, 917.74
#10: -3505.71, 772.51
#11: -2860.18, 572.23
#12: -3481.68, 763.38

Note: It seems like certain mobs spawn or act a bit differently once spawning on "the spot". Some mobs spawn and just stand still for a while before starting their path. Others seem to take longer to spawn and then start moving instantly. From what I've been able to piece together it seems some mobs spawn "under the world" or "inside the rock" and then you don't see them until they start moving. This happened several time with Skycinder Drakes. It didn't seem to happen with any chromodracs (or Faerie of Dismay). When Felia finally spawned it DID happen with her and she had sow'd herself so she starting blitzing across the boneyard which almost caused a panic for me.

EDIT: I was there soloing on a 60 necromancer. If you have the killing power to just go on a killing spree in the boneyard you'll likely have less issues finding the PH.
Last edited by commongood; 11-07-2018 at 06:18 AM..
Closed Thread