Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Tanks

Closed Thread

Old 09-19-2018, 10:25 AM
Planar Protector

Default Creating a Dark Elf Knight - Cheap weapons?

So I'm working on collecting items for a dark elf shadowknight (since ever since I was little I always wanted a dark elf shadowknight and just never got around to it.)

I want to grab some cheap newbie weapons that are great for building skills... I'm always crazy about keeping all my skills maxed. I've only got a budget of about 1kpp that I want to spend on the character do I do have a few items that are already somewhat usable.

Still trying to figure out what to name it, running out of 5 letter cen names. Also want to find a set of small banded for sale but I know banded is becoming increasingly hard to find.
Last edited by Cen; 09-19-2018 at 10:31 AM..
Old 09-19-2018, 11:40 AM
Large Rat

I always find banded pieces for sale in Freeport. Go to the merchants near the smiths or the ones who sell the molds. The price is reasonable compared to buying at EC tunnel.
Old 09-19-2018, 01:29 PM
Planar Protector

If you're twinking on the cheap I'd buy a Jade Mace and fill the other slots with anything free (handouts, bronze, ringmail, leather off orcs, etc). Fighting in The Warrens for example you will likely loot random armor to fill your slots.

Once you hit lvl 20 and the dmg cap gets increased you can sell the Jade Mace and get a Mace of the Shadowed Soul for about the same cash. If you will likely use a Noc Blade you can do the same thing with a Lammy (except the Noc is more expensive). It's the fastest grind to lvl 30 for sure.

Make sure you can buy a nerfed Circlet of Shadows for about 200p since it works at level 20...10 levels before you get gather shadows.

If you plan to do some group work get a cheap 2h or 2hb. Aggro matters more than your dps and with disease cloud that is easy, so keep your 2h skills up when grouping. Post 30 when the damage cap lifts, the dps from a Jade Green Halberd or Deathbringer Rod are going to be hard to beat for the money they cost. Having a 1h and shield will come in handy in certain situations but if cash is scarce id dump them to fund the ideal 2h.

If you want to level much slower you can get like a Jade Green Broadsword, shield and get some banded armor and hp rings. You will look cool but it all depends if that matters. Until you get Engulfing Darkness solo work is mostly a tank-n-spank so killing a npc slowly is a rough way to go...
Old 09-19-2018, 03:23 PM
Planar Protector

I like these ideas, thanks!
Old 09-19-2018, 09:43 PM
Planar Protector

I can make you a set of small banded if you still need.
Old 09-20-2018, 06:28 AM
Banned

Making a Dark elf SK?

Gotta make the name "Cenful"
Old 09-20-2018, 08:00 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravager [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I can make you a set of small banded if you still need.
I will buy a full set yes!
Old 09-20-2018, 09:44 AM
Planar Protector

Seems like you have a decent alt army. Get a velks group going and get yourself a sword of pain. I formed a small group on my enc and got my paladin a sword of blessings at lvl 17 which also drops in the dog pits. Good times.
Old 09-20-2018, 10:01 AM
Banned

Should really try to accumulate a little more plat and avoid buying items that make little difference except make other people rich. Your choice! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 09-20-2018, 11:07 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crede [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Seems like you have a decent alt army. Get a velks group going and get yourself a sword of pain. I formed a small group on my enc and got my paladin a sword of blessings at lvl 17 which also drops in the dog pits. Good times.
I can't do velks, highest is bard at 48, then shaman at 37. ;D