Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 12-10-2019, 04:46 PM
Planar Protector

That means you probably have brain damage op
Old 12-10-2019, 04:48 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by theonesler [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
People don't know how to manage aggro anymore these days.

I remember back in the day people were much more purposeful with letting aggro be established before engaging. Like, a mob would come into camp and the tank (warrior in most instances) would spend 5-10 seconds establishing their aggro before others jumped in. No one does that in groups anymore and then the rogue or mage goes splat and yells, "What the hell?! Why didn't you tank? Where were my heals?!" *hits forehead* This is the negative effects on simple MMOs these days... no one pays attention to mechanical nuances.
More likely years of being coddled by every warrior having 200 strength, 200 dex, haste, and 2 proccing weapons on Blue.
Old 12-10-2019, 04:50 PM
Kobold

OP is dumb dumb. Allow warrior to gain agroe for 10 seconds. The damage mitigation endured throughout entire fight allows for constant mana flow for entire group, constant pulls and safe leveling. OP deserves no raid loot ever, post your real game name pls.

Also, I bet you don’t enjoy the game for what it is either. Unless getting highest zem area camp. You’re probably the guy looting every droppable item and complaining about overweight issues and making group stop so you can go sell. You’re the scum of p99.
Old 12-10-2019, 05:29 PM
Aviak

My warrior that I am leveling holds Agro descent and usually does equal to or more dps than any other class in the group other than casters that spam cast and pull agro.
Old 12-11-2019, 12:27 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kron [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
We can nick pick every class
False.
Necros.
Old 12-11-2019, 12:34 AM
Kobold

You can tell most these "raiders" on p99 either didnt play in 99' or werent good enough to get into a raiding guild cause they think WAR were raid tanks during classic, hate to break it to you but the knight classes were the classic main tanks for raiding, WAR didnt even pull away from knights in raid tanking til they started getting their DISC, that example bit of HP WARs get didnt make up for knights aggro, so which one does everyone think it is, most the "raiders" here didnt actually play back in classic or they werent good enough to get into good raiding guilds, i think it is option 2 from the way ive seen them needing to exploit mobs and items to kill their targets here.
Old 12-11-2019, 12:36 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by stewe [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You can tell most these "raiders" on p99 either didnt play in 99' or werent good enough to get into a raiding guild cause they think WAR were raid tanks during classic, hate to break it to you but the knight classes were the classic main tanks for raiding, WAR didnt even pull away from knights in raid tanking til they started getting their DISC, that example bit of HP WARs get didnt make up for knights aggro, so which one does everyone think it is, most the "raiders" here didnt actually play back in classic or they werent good enough to get into good raiding guilds, i think it is option 2 from the way ive seen them needing to exploit mobs and items to kill their targets here.
Extra bit of HP not example bit of hp, wouldnt let me edit my post
Old 12-11-2019, 01:28 AM
Sarnak

Dear Kanuvan,

You sound like a fun person to game.

Gabronth
15 Human Paladin
Old 12-11-2019, 01:29 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hibbs [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Dear Kanuvan,

You sound like a fun person to game.
with**

New Rant... No editing on RnF[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.][You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Gabronth
15 Human Paladin
Old 12-11-2019, 07:51 AM
Kobold

Why do asshole (by definition) min-maxers always think that if others don't share their idiotic obsession it is because they are too stupid to understand the min-maxer's true genius of pouring over data models and totally ignoring human factors?

Here are the real rules of successful EQ classic grouping:

1. Have to have someone to tank.
2. Have to have someone who can keep tank standing.
3. Fill out open slots by taking people who play their class really well and mostly ignore what those classes are.

Good players and groups can easily and skillfully modify their tactics to maximize the output of any collection of character types and a group chosen by player skill will always do much better and have much more fun than a group chosen by class. The reason being OP, since you're not very bright, is that the latter wipes all the time, the former doesn't.
Closed Thread