Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Important > News & Announcements

Closed Thread

Old 08-16-2010, 10:23 AM
Sarnak

I know this shit seems basic and it's not gonna happen between two guilds that hate each other but,

If a guild has assembled and is ready to engage.... guild B should let them have it.

If more than one guild assembles and is ready to engage at the same time, it should be up to those guilds to either /random for it, /dual for it, or come to a rotation agreement.
Old 08-16-2010, 10:30 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Otto [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
2: No, it was not summoning as it had not been damaged which was part of a much larger plan that Samuel and DA didn't seem to realize until after their first encounter with Sirran the Lunatic on azarack isle.
This I feel is important and requires some clarification. If the mob has not been damaged then has it been engaged? This absolutely needs to be answered and put down in black and white by somebody.

Just to clarify, I was not there am not taking sides, and am not interested in what happened the other day. I feel that this is extremely important for future reference for all guild on the server.

Can you claim a mob that you have not damaged (ie: the mob is not yet summoning)? If so, how long can this be done? Is it indefinite? Is there a time limit?
Old 08-16-2010, 11:34 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samuel [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You're right I don't remember everything about sky after 11 years, it's astounding you guys remember all the "exploits" (quotes because I'm definitely not saying they are illegal within our rules) that you do. However, I do completely understand what was happening with the protector. The point I'm trying to make is that at that moment while you were kiting him and rezing half your dead raid you WERE NOT READY TO ENGAGE him.

We have a completely new set of rules in place. Instead of shitting up this thread with your arrogant douche baggery, how about we try to establish what the rules are?

If it is okay to kite a raid mob in sky until your guild is ready, is it okay to kite any other raid mob until your guild is ready?

Is there a certain number of people that need to be present to make this acceptable?
Better question. Is it ok to be wiping to noble dojorn with 50 people?
Old 08-16-2010, 11:34 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

The whole point of these new raid rules is that it becomes self policing. If you are the douchebag guild that follows another into fear and tries to KS CT, expect that door to be opened to you. It is not dealt with on a serverwide basis, but you gain the reputation as the type of raiding guild you act like and others will treat you accordingly.

The 15 person thing is getting way too much credit here, the rules are saying that it only applies to mobs that have not spawned. IE a raid force of 20 are waiting ON Nagafens spawn point, no other guild is allowed to wait on the spawn. Now picture a raid force of 40 buffing just outside of the room, they are not within agro range, a force of 12 is welcome to have their shot if they are ready to go. Once a group of players engages, guild b is not allowed to KS, they must wait until guild a wipes and the mob is reset...that is how first to engage operates folks.

The kited mob was the protector of sky, anyone who has done sky before would know why.
Old 08-16-2010, 11:42 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sidious [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

The kited mob was the protector of sky, anyone who has done sky before would know why.
How are you kiting a mob that casts a root spell that can't be resisted?

Also how are you kiting him at all if he isn't summoning yet? He should not be moving at all until you get him down to 95%.

Sorry, it seems to me like this mob is not working as it should be.
If you are able to kite him then he should be summoning the kiter and casting a root/dot/float spell that can't be resisted. If he is not summoning then he should not be moving period and therefor has not been engaged yet.
Last edited by guineapig; 08-16-2010 at 12:02 PM..
Old 08-16-2010, 11:56 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sidious [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The whole point of these new raid rules is that it becomes self policing. If you are the douchebag guild that follows another into fear and tries to KS CT, expect that door to be opened to you. It is not dealt with on a serverwide basis, but you gain the reputation as the type of raiding guild you act like and others will treat you accordingly.

The 15 person thing is getting way too much credit here, the rules are saying that it only applies to mobs that have not spawned. IE a raid force of 20 are waiting ON Nagafens spawn point, no other guild is allowed to wait on the spawn. Now picture a raid force of 40 buffing just outside of the room, they are not within agro range, a force of 12 is welcome to have their shot if they are ready to go. Once a group of players engages, guild b is not allowed to KS, they must wait until guild a wipes and the mob is reset...that is how first to engage operates folks.

Riiiight, and IB isn't a douchbag guild for exploit pulling a boss mob from another island right after DA cleared the mobs and was ready to pull. Technically they were able to do it cause we had failed but it was a dick move. I'm so tired of everyone claiming to be on a high horse. Most of you guys are full of shit.

Get ready for some FFA.
Old 08-16-2010, 12:31 PM
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Quote:
Originally Posted by xorbier
Riiiight, and IB isn't a douchbag guild for exploit pulling a boss mob from another island
I'd call that tactical pulling. The islands are pretty adjacent.

Project 1999 Setup Guide
Old 08-16-2010, 12:53 PM
Banned

You were always able to pull mobs from other islands, and island hopping was one of the major strategies of posky. It's not exactly an exploit, but could be seen as falling in line with the "douchebaggery."
Old 08-16-2010, 01:16 PM
Sarnak

Send a message via AIM to Trimm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atern [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If there is anything we've learned from all the attempts to make raid rules that please everyone, it's that people (especially those raiding on this server) are douche bags.
There are plenty of us who aren't douchbags.

Regarding Fear/CT: Cazic and Draco were killed on Sunday using these new raid rules and everything was fine. Three guilds were involved with very minimal drama. When the other guilds were ready and wanted to engage we gave them their space, and they did the same for us when we had our attempt.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nilbog View Post
Cats on the moon not happening on my watch.
Old 08-16-2010, 01:19 PM
Banned

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

It's okay baby xorbier, the bunnies aren't angry anymore.
Closed Thread