Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Important > News & Announcements

Closed Thread

Old 06-24-2014, 09:40 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juevento [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Every patch makes me want to quit just a little more...

Rogue hide still not fixed and removing the con color box feels spiteful.
agreed [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 06-24-2014, 09:56 AM
Large Rat

Angry v33 Patch.. WTF!!

I downloaded and extracted the files EXACTLY as the patch notes indicate I should. Yet now when I log on I have ZERO characters and it says my "spell files" are out of date. SO WTF DID I JUST DOWNLOAD AND EXTRACT?!?!?!?! So i read the forums looking for answers. There is none. Only a vague "dont overwrite" ALL the files when extracting. So lemme get this straight, theres a patch but Im not supposed to overwrite old files with updated files??? Whats the point of the patch then? To screw players from logging on, and make them search for non-existent answers on WHY the patch is f**ked. I have no clue what to do and there are ZERO instructions other then "download and extract to...." which I did and guess what? NOW I CANT LOG IN. Excellent instructions.
So now what EXACTLY is it that Im ACUALLY supposed to do in order to patch the game "correctly" so that I can play?
Old 06-24-2014, 09:59 AM
Banned

download zip, make a new folder on desktop, put files in it, organize > select all > then copy them

go to your eqemu folder top left tab > organize then paste, replace all it ask to.

let me know if it works, it should
Old 06-24-2014, 10:17 AM
Decaying Skeleton

One thing that happened to me is in my rush to get back online, I hit the "Quick Connect" button and was logged into a different server than Project 1999 where I had no characters and the spell files were not valid. I backed out, and manually selected the correct server and logged in and all was well. This is something you may want to double check.
Old 06-24-2014, 10:46 AM
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MilanderTruewield [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Just curious, are you still using Telin's spell particles in the new patches? I downloaded his about a months and a half ago, and the ones in this patch are much more dense.

Just wondering, if you aren't, I'll go get them again from his thread [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm not sure if it was updated or not myself. If not, I would highly suggest getting then from the server chat thread. Not only are they more classic, but they perform better with many effects like fire. They also center all effects that were misaligned with the character.
Old 06-24-2014, 11:07 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thulack [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yes there was no light blue con in classic everquest. Green con mobs should not give xp either.
High greens gave xp at least if soloing. I remember doing that on my warrior when I was bored.
Old 06-24-2014, 11:08 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Estu [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I feel like a moron now but I must be the only one who never realized the con color was in the target window in the first place [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The UI I'm using doesn't have it. All you kids who've been using that as a crutch can get off my lawn. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 06-24-2014, 11:13 AM
Planar Protector

lol seeing as much tears over that con color in target window as I am about the maps being removed. shits classic. deal with it
Old 06-24-2014, 11:15 AM
Sarnak

When are yall removing item links? That shit aint classic.
Old 06-24-2014, 11:16 AM
Planar Protector

I just feel bad for new players with these nerfs.

And still wondering why blue 99 is able to duck to cancel spell and red still cant?

This change would take 10 seconds to implement.
Lost but not forgotten.
Closed Thread