Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 10-26-2019, 02:03 PM
Large Rat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimjam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I like that we got forced to play the game out instead of gaming the play out.

This. Emphatically
Old 10-26-2019, 02:08 PM
Fire Giant

I found out Reebo was nerfed, laughed because of how sneaky the developers were in nerfing my cheap ass XP scheme and then happily made my way out to Misty Thicket to actually play the game.

Good on Rogean and Nilbog for making us Wiki-Questers actually go play the game.

Find me Monday, Wednesday and Friday @ https://www.twitch.tv/elhefe
Old 10-26-2019, 02:53 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by DromalPhrenia [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It's also not classic, so changes for the as-close-to-classic-as-possible server happened, what, within the first hour?
~10 years ago? They hide behind the "classic" when it's a nerf, then nerf with non-classic stuff because they can. It sucks, but it is what it is.

Then the white knights come out to defend every last thing with the tired "it's free, stop complaining", "it's their server they can do what they want". They might as well just get on their knees right there.

And, of course they're right; it IS a free server, and you CAN log off, and you AREN'T owed anything, but the mindless bootlicking just gets old.
Old 10-26-2019, 04:44 PM
Planar Protector

Controlling your perspective will redefine the world around you, allowing you to sculpt an existence that pleases you.

Please feel free to buy tickets to one of my forthcoming lectures!

Opportunities for happiness are everywhere; don't let bone chips in a 20 year old elf sim make you miserable.
Old 10-26-2019, 05:26 PM
Sarnak

Not necessarily miserable, but my tranquility is disturbed.

"if the rules are all you use to determine what you should or shouldn't do, you're probably an a-hole" -soup

Hooden • Xegony enchanter '00 - '02 • <Aeternus> from SoD '06 - '07
Old 10-26-2019, 06:13 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danger [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Op and people like this better ask the staff for a refund then. Oh wait.

Most classic Everquest experience developed and hosted for FREE and you're SEETHING over m-muh bonechips.
I’m not “seething” but thanks for that. I’m assuming this is a temporary nerf because of the increased spawn rate. However, if it’s not a temporary nerf it’s certainly an issue. Necros and SKs make up part of the bone chip market for sure, but a significant part of the market is the turn in quest. Look no further than CB belts for an example of that. People will pay money due to the valuable EXP from the turn in. If this is a permanent nerf, long term it will make it harder for new players to raise cash because it will reduce the demand for an easily acquired item that people used to pay money for to turn in for EXP.

I think your reaction is pretty rude and unnecessary. I’m willing to bet that if they hadn’t nerfed the EXP and someone had come on complaining about the bone chips quest being utilized too much due to the increased spawn rate, you would’ve gone “but it’s a classic quest stop complaining.” Yet when people instead come on to point out something being not classic you criticize them for mentioning it at all.
Old 10-26-2019, 06:14 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smaxx [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Turned in the 4 bone chips, no reward and not even 1% exp at lvl 2.
The game is broke. Everyone can log off now while they fix it. Thank you for stopping by!
Thank you for testing this in Beta!
Old 10-26-2019, 08:17 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reecon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The exp was nerfed just like the tumpy tonic were nerfed, somethings are going to be non classic plan and simple, with the increased spawn rate i was in steamfont and had 2 decay skeleton spawns on lockdown and it didnt take me long at all to fill up a bag of bone chips, without these kinda nerfs we would have level 15+ already, good for the DEVs and that is coming from someone who farmed up a full bag before someone told us it was nerfed.
with reduce respawn speed, we still get less kill than on a classic server per individual.

it just happened that some were humping the right respawn point.

there was no need to nerf exp on quests. who cares who reaches 4 the first, we want people to reach 4-5 and get the f out of the noob ground. thats the point
Old 10-26-2019, 08:20 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadlycupcakez [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Thank you for testing this in Beta!
This was tested in beta. The exp on live green is different than beta.
Closed Thread