Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Resolved Issues

Closed Thread

Old 02-05-2014, 05:15 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by nall [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
In any case, even if you agree with it or not... the server is meant to mimic live... changes shouldn't be made with the sole intent so rain on someone's parade that isn't breaking any server rules.. IMO..

(and that's not meant toward Haynar).. its meant towards all the "WORKING AS INTENDED, YAY!" people.
Theres a good chance AE groups never happened on live EQ until well after velious release, and possibly as late as Luclin. So yeah, forgive the people who are happy to see abuse of a non-classic mechanic done away with, even if it's just temporarily.
Blueberrii - 60 Mage
Gigglepurr - 60 Shaman
Kids - 60 Rogue
Fornfamnad - 60 Cleric
Old 02-05-2014, 05:17 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tasslehofp99 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
2.5k a pull!

whats worse is there is basically no evidence available that proves AE groups were even doable pre-luclin, in fact the only pre-luclin posts/info available describes "AoE Chardok" as more of a raid consisting of a few groups, instead of 1 group melting the entire zone down.
There are plenty of things that wasn't done back then that is done on this server. But like I said earlier- keep the discussion of stuff outside the bug off this topic.

Anyway- here is first video I got. I'll try to aim the camera at the wall they are pathing through. I think Vyal is trying to get some video of the actual pull as well.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KcfEq7eXk6k
Old 02-05-2014, 05:17 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tasslehofp99 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
2.5k a pull!

whats worse is there is basically no evidence available that proves AE groups were even doable pre-luclin, in fact the only pre-luclin posts/info available describes "AoE Chardok" as more of a raid consisting of a few groups, instead of 1 group melting the entire zone down.
This is partly due to the way resists work also. In order to run a successful AE prior to Luclin/Planes of Power you needed 4-5+ Enchanters because of stun resists.
Old 02-05-2014, 05:19 PM
Orc

Quote:
Theres a good chance AE groups never happened on live EQ until well after velious release, and possibly as late as Luclin. So yeah, forgive the people who are happy to see abuse of a non-classic mechanic done away with, even if it's just temporarily.
Or it took people awhile to figure out the mechanic?
Old 02-05-2014, 05:21 PM
Developer

Send a message via AIM to Aeolwind Send a message via MSN to Aeolwind Send a message via Yahoo to Aeolwind

Quote:
Originally Posted by Treats [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This is partly due to the way resists work also. In order to run a successful AE prior to Luclin/Planes of Power you needed 4-5+ Enchanters because of stun resists.
This. The other part would be mob sync speed. And another piece would probably be DB/DI combat calculations. I'd also hazard the mob HP in Chardok is 'post revamp' levels rather than 'this is a quasi-raid zone' levels.

Wiping at the locked stairs with 3 groups wasn't uncommon during Kunark.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nilbog
If all the polls I have done up until now fully counted, you would be playing on some abomination of a PVP server with 2-10 boxing based on votes from people named xcm234nv and adfa234.
Old 02-05-2014, 05:21 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Treats [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yeah, lets get that fixed too while we're here.
Blueberrii - 60 Mage
Gigglepurr - 60 Shaman
Kids - 60 Rogue
Fornfamnad - 60 Cleric
Old 02-05-2014, 07:36 PM
Fire Giant

Seems to have affected the pathing in CoM moat as well. Pulling a mob from any moat spawns, they will take the most direct path to the puller, i.e. pulling a mob from directly across moat safe spot from a hut, it glitches straight across
Old 02-05-2014, 08:03 PM
Sarnak

Taken from the EQLive forums.
"What's wrong with pulling massive groups of NPCs?
Calculating pathing is an expensive operation. This is true in other applications and it's especially true in EverQuest. That is, the server has to determine how an NPC will get from its current position to a location where it can melee whoever its mad at, and this taxes the processor. When an NPC continually needs to recalculate its pathing, this taxes the processor continuously. And when hundreds of NPCs continually recalculate their pathing, the server has a problem. In extreme cases, NPCs cease to move - not just in that zone, but every zone hosted on the affected server. This can be extremely disruptive to other players."
- https://forums.station.sony.com/eq/i...hanges.207363/

Leave it "fixed" so this can't continue IMO. More importantly, the devs state before this paragraph that pulling massive groups of mobs to kill wasn't intended.

Juevento - Druid <Free Agent>
Last edited by Juevento; 02-05-2014 at 08:06 PM..
Old 02-05-2014, 08:11 PM
Developer

A pathing bug is not a fix to AE groups.

I have a fix coded and tested. So pathing will be working again soon.

Haynar
Old 02-05-2014, 08:35 PM
Planar Protector

The one group that a wizard can usefully contribute and be a desired/requested member in said style of group... and all these rogues and shamans post to nerf it. I guess being able to get into any group as the best at their niche role, but not being able to get into this single style group in this single low trafficked zone hurts them so much...

One of the best things about EQ, and MMOs in general, is player innovation. The ability to use a random set of skills/builds/gear together to accomplish things developers did not have the foresight to anticipate or expect. That is one thing that makes EQ and MMOs very fun IMO. Mass killing of mobs that are normally challenging atleast somewhat to a balanced style group/kill approach is pretty common among many MMOs. And its classic.

Resists are off, eh not really.
Closed Thread