Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 01-25-2015, 10:39 PM
Large Rat

Default Velious launch question

I'm curious about the launch of Velious. Will there be a warning before it happens or will I just login one day to find it live? I'm mainly curious as I'm saving for a CoS and I know it will be nerfed at launch of Velious. So, I'd like to know how frantically I need to save!

As a side note, thanks to all that work on this server. I've been having a ton of fun playing a necro again. I had forgotten how awesome (and brutal) this game could be. The community has been awesome as well.
Old 01-26-2015, 01:43 AM
Fire Giant

IIRC RoK had a warning of a few days before it went live. (Been awhile, can't remember how much. Just remember them stating a opening event leading to Kunark when certain tasks got completed). So I would assume some kind of warning, but probably not more than a few days I would think.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barfight
"President, its time to shut the fuck up."
Old 01-26-2015, 08:02 AM
Planar Protector

I don't think the CoS is nerfed right away, could be wrong tho.
Old 01-26-2015, 08:12 AM
Fire Giant

Send a message via AIM to Laugher

If you have a prenerf CoS it will stay the same; it changes names when nerfed from Circlet of Shadow to Shadows, and I don't think it happened until closer to Luclin than Kunark (Velious= dec 5 2000; Luclin= dec 4 2001 and CoS nerf happened June 27 2001) so about halfway into Velious it will be nerfed, or whenever said halfway-through-velious updates are implemented, so you should have a while even if Velious dropped tomorrow [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 01-26-2015, 08:19 AM
Planar Protector

A prenerf CoS was a big thing on live... plenty here tho :P
Old 01-26-2015, 10:08 AM
Planar Protector

There was a bit of discussion on this recently and the only information that we were able to garner was that it was undecided and while some supported no notice others advocated early warning ^^ I would prefer it be a surprise. ^^ as mentioned above though, the circlet is not needed until mid-veilious, so you should be fine for quite some time ^^
Old 01-26-2015, 10:11 AM
Planar Protector

Surprise wouldn't be classic, imo.
Old 01-26-2015, 10:20 AM
Planar Protector

CoS Nerfed June 27th, 2001, but isn't this an interesting patch?

http://www.tski.co.jp/baldio/patch/20010627.html

Spell and Item Interruption: Ducking will now interrupt a spell instantly. You will no longer be able to sit while using items or casting spells. This will not affect bard songs, which will still work as they always have, but will affect all items, even those with song-like effects.

•When a player becomes invisible (or hides successfully) every other player that had them targeted will lose their target. This is true for all servers, but has the greatest implications on PvP servers. The use of spells that allow you to see through invisibility will prevent you from losing your target if that target hides or goes invisible.

•The messages for eating and drinking now say "Chomp... Chomp," or "Glug... Glug..." so that they can't be copied with emotes.

•Also added a message that will let you know when you can no longer gain or lose faction with a certain group. It will say:
Your faction standing with could not possibly get any worse.
or
Your faction standing with could not possibly get any better.

Somebody bug the devs to start nerfing!

Also I completely forgot about this and miss stuff like it that made Classic EQ great:

Boisterous shouts can be heard across the lands as carriers herald the arrival of the latest volume of their city's newspapers. Citizens rush to get a copy of these publications to read the featured articles, latest gossip, and community news for their home town.
Old 01-26-2015, 10:28 AM
Planar Protector

*begins to pray fervently to the Nerflords*
Old 01-26-2015, 11:27 AM
Large Rat

Ahh thanks for the information! That takes some pressure off. I'm new to the server so unsure how items like this work. Did the manastone have it's heyday and then get nerfed, or did it never drop? Did handing the lvl 49 necro pets 2 FS daggers make it godly for a while then get nerfed?
Closed Thread