Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 12-03-2019, 04:49 PM
Planar Protector

Nobody has leveled a mage like you guys have in over 20 years. Stop and think about that.
Old 12-03-2019, 04:57 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolalin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Nobody has leveled a mage like you guys have in over 20 years. Stop and think about that.
I’m pretty sure people levelled mages the same on blue as they did on green.

Let’s just agree the mage changes on green turned into a broken shitshow neither you or Nilbog predicted, and leave it at that. They’ll be patched properly (hopefully) in January.
Old 12-03-2019, 06:02 PM
Banned

You can solo specs from 35-47 with jboots

then get in some lguk, highkeep noble or w/e farm groups

its not the end of the world

I don't know either way when mages got their research and vendor pets tbh, this one's something I couldn't tell ya as I wasnt a 50 mage 2 months in lol

I do think it is very surprising they couldn't even research their pets past 34
Old 12-03-2019, 06:05 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nirgon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You can solo specs from 35-47 with jboots

then get in some lguk, highkeep noble or w/e farm groups

its not the end of the world

I don't know either way when mages got their research and vendor pets tbh, this one's something I couldn't tell ya as I wasnt a 50 mage 2 months in lol

I do think it is very surprising they couldn't even research their pets past 34
I’m with you on it not being the end of the world, it’s not even close. But please don’t advocate people go put themselves on one of those unhealthy as fuck legacy item lists. Fuck that.
Old 12-03-2019, 06:10 PM
Banned

I don't recommend it to anyone but jboots isn't the worst one

The item itself is attainable within 6 hours of camping, about standard for an EQ rare. The rest you can blame on the demand for the item. Sorry if you're old now and your body can't take it. Mine certainly isn't any younger.

Or.

Make a shaman alt and drop transfer yourself bags of sow pots. Killing the specs should pay for the pots and then some.

I don't think we should change classic EQ with old age sympathy mechanics. It is Brad's classic vision to keep items rare and people hanging around at camps and socializing. I enjoyed the chatting and pals I met at camps. You might too.
Old 12-03-2019, 06:28 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nirgon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

The item itself is attainable within 6 hours of camping, about standard for an EQ rare. The rest you can blame on the demand for the item. Sorry if you're old now and your body can't take it. Mine certainly isn't any younger.

Or.

Make a shaman alt and drop transfer yourself bags of sow pots. Killing the specs should pay for the pots and then some.

I don't think we should change classic EQ with old age sympathy mechanics. It is Brad's classic vision to keep items rare and people hanging around at camps and socializing. I enjoyed the chatting and pals I met at camps. You might too.
I wasn’t advocating for any changes, more just that we need to suck it up and either deal with it or do something else until the patch in January. It seems fairly clear by this point that the interim fix that was being planned isn’t going to go ahead.
Old 12-03-2019, 06:54 PM
Aviak

Quote:

Or.

There are at least 8 different options of mobs for 39-50. You dont need to group and you dont need jboots. Sow pots ftw. I honestly figured out something when I was 75% of the way through 49 that would have probably saved me about a week or more in my leveling. That was a tough pill to swallow.

Once you hit 44 it's so much easier with a better nuke.
Old 12-03-2019, 07:28 PM
Banned

yea there are ways. a true magician will always find a way.
Old 12-03-2019, 08:22 PM
Sarnak

You know guys, you can also level from 1 to 50 naked with a warrior. Everything is possible. It dosent mean it should be.
Old 12-03-2019, 08:29 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obrae [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You know guys, you can also level from 1 to 50 naked with a warrior. Everything is possible. It dosent mean it should be.
I guess that argument wins?