Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 07-18-2012, 02:19 AM
Orc

Default Decided to join Red99

Hi. I have decided to join the Red99 server for the first time. Also my first time posting on forums.

Actually started on Vallon Zek back in the day probably a few months or so before Kunark officially came out. (Still remember the server wide yellow text that announced the launch of the continent back in the day.) I believe I quit after a few months of that Luclin expansion, way too much lag for such a lame computer with only about 128 megs of ram.

I found out about Project1999 early on when it was still in beta testing noticing only about 16 - 26 people helping the server launch so I hung out on that grand creation PEQ till it finally launched. Sadly I missed the official P99 launch date but did create a wizard on day 3 and it was incredibly fun as everything seemed perfectly classic.

So my biggest reason for joining Red99 is because I guess I just don't fit in with the Blue99 crowd considering both wizards I created on P99 got perma banned.

My first wizard was Eirik Tik and I had a blast leveling him up with the P99 crowd. I found groups on a constant basis because early on we had global OOC and one message of LFG I usually got a tell within minutes. The most fun I had was leveling in high pass in my late teens and early 20's where I was invited into a guild called Divinity since I always seemed to land a group with some of its members and we just got along just fine.

Around the level of 43 I suppose I had a momentary lapse in judgment being infuriated by some mean Transcendence members who tended to train groups and just ruin peoples time including mine. I don't remember the characters name but regrettably I lashed out at the Transcendence member telling him, "You're hurting your mother by not getting a job."

Well, that seemed to have hit a very sensitive nerve because quickly I was graced with a tell by a character named "cyrius" or something of the sort that told me, "LOL banned." Needless to say within seconds I got the black screen of "You have been disconnected."

I didn't see a point in trying to appeal the decision for I didn't think I could win over my case against such an obviously professional ruling. I suppose I deserved it. So I believe I took about a 4-6 month break and decided to start all over fresh with a brand new wizard. (Had to update my internet connection from dial-up to broadband since I was IP banned.)

My second wizard was named Draves and well it wasn't such a blast this time around for a couple reasons. Getting back to my 40's was quite the grind because after that length of time I waited global OOC was taken out and I virtually never could find a group so it took about triple the amount of time soloing back to my 40's.

The most fun I had with my second wizard was when I was 46+ I got a tell from who I think was the guild leader of Venom asking me to join because they always wanted to raid hate but could never find a wizard online to port them when they wanted to raid. Of course I joined immediately for who doesn't like being needed? I loved porting them to hate and raiding with them because well I never did it back in 1999 (thanks to poor computer.) As far as I could tell I was the wizard they relied on and we raided quite a bit making sure to be online every time they scheduled a raid. Unfortunately Venom didn't last too long.

Anyways, one day I went out of my way to port someone to plane of sky and they were down right rude about it making it seem like my soul duty in everquest was to be their port slave. So I decided to port them to west karana instead and leave them there until I got a apology from their bad attitude towards me. But according to the everquest gods it is my soul duty to be everyone's port slave and I was deemed a scammer server wide by yellow text from the gods then shortly after perma banned once again at the level of 55.

So I figure this will be my third times a charm and decided to start up here on Red99 guessing this is where I belong. At least if i'm disliked on this server maybe i'll just be corpse camped for a while instead of losing months on top of months of grinding by being perma banned. This must be where I was meant to be and hopefully I can actually help kill a dragon one day and experience that raiding scene that I rarely ever see.

Didn't mean to be such a plague on Blue99 and really thought I was just invisible more than anything else.

Wow - didn't expect to type such a lengthy introduction. Honestly I have been drinking a bit.
Old 07-18-2012, 02:27 AM
Fire Giant

fuck I actually read that..
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drakaris View Post
My brother is an award winning body builder and I'm faster bigger and stronger than him.
The Dukes Vengeance
Old 07-18-2012, 02:47 AM
Orc

me to lol, whats your ingame name.
Old 07-18-2012, 03:29 AM
Kobold

if you like soloing in peace without the threat of pvp, this is the server for you

Cue the Chadlek tape
Old 07-18-2012, 04:58 AM
Aviak

you got banned for those reasons? gms can suck my salchicha...
Old 07-18-2012, 05:09 AM
Planar Protector

Things are more lenient here. As long as you don't train or exploit something that you've been told not to exploit in the past, you basically won't get banned (rofl).

Theres a crew of new guys leveling right now. Hang in there till kunark, pop will rise again. Don't expect to see more than 50-70 here until then.

Welcome.
Old 07-18-2012, 05:14 AM
Fire Giant

welcome, hope you like it better here. Here we get to fight it out if we re annoyed with someone instead.
Old 07-18-2012, 05:45 AM
Aviak

Watch out for the care bear stare. It bans
Old 07-18-2012, 10:12 AM
Fire Giant

Who is Cyrius?

Anyways welcome to the server.
Old 07-18-2012, 01:22 PM
Planar Protector

cyrius was one of the most corrupt GM blue server has ever seen.
Closed Thread