Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Casters

Old 07-27-2023, 11:54 AM
Banned

Note: upon further reflection and testing, it is actually better exp to make a super mob (max haste + torch + DS), break charm, use a long lasting root on it, then do the reverse and suicide mobs into it

It’s significantly more mana intensive, since it will involve breaking charm and finishing each with a nuke, most likely discordant mind or dementia. If someone has the reflexes to pull a lev 45+ mob back in Anarchy nuke (our 3rd strongest nuke) range from a hasted torch wielding pet without the mob dying first more power to them, but I’m going to assume it’s going to take at least 1 discordant mind or dementia to kill each one

But this way you get the full 100% exp for everything

However

This just isn’t a fun and is a bit more awkward. And since exp/hour isn’t the end all be all with me, ima keep doing it my way (not the reverse)
Old 07-27-2023, 11:55 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimjam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Could you break charm when you only have 2 mobs left and use the other mob to kill the former pet, loot the twinkage and just log out leaving the one mob remaining?
Ya
Old 07-27-2023, 01:04 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by unsunghero [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Note: upon further reflection and testing, it is actually better exp to make a super mob (max haste + torch + DS), break charm, use a long lasting root on it, then do the reverse and suicide mobs into it

It’s significantly more mana intensive, since it will involve breaking charm and finishing each with a nuke, most likely discordant mind or dementia. If someone has the reflexes to pull a lev 45+ mob back in Anarchy nuke (our 3rd strongest nuke) range from a hasted torch wielding pet without the mob dying first more power to them, but I’m going to assume it’s going to take at least 1 discordant mind or dementia to kill each one

But this way you get the full 100% exp for everything

However

This just isn’t a fun and is a bit more awkward. And since exp/hour isn’t the end all be all with me, ima keep doing it my way (not the reverse)
i cant imagine doing this for XP as a solo enc lol

its one thing when you're 60 and camping nameds for loot...sure...you get that dedicated charm pet going because you need it to get through the named (A4, etc)

but for pure xp? nah. you really dont need to torch or haste at all...just charm a mob, send it into a room of mobs, root em all on top of yours and watch the hp melt

this is why HS is so good...your pets are constantly getting harmtouched which is DPS...without all the butt pucker from a ballistic missile of a pet eating your ass for dinner
Old 07-27-2023, 11:19 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxigen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
i cant imagine doing this for XP as a solo enc lol

its one thing when you're 60 and camping nameds for loot...sure...you get that dedicated charm pet going because you need it to get through the named (A4, etc)

but for pure xp? nah. you really dont need to torch or haste at all...just charm a mob, send it into a room of mobs, root em all on top of yours and watch the hp melt

this is why HS is so good...your pets are constantly getting harmtouched which is DPS...without all the butt pucker from a ballistic missile of a pet eating your ass for dinner
I like to feel the power

I even sometimes sit close so I can watch the quad triple digit hits

But one thing some people forget about chanters is you are only as strong as the mobs can get

When I was leveling in Sol A I could charm a goblin and do whatever damage those could do. But a twinkled monk with a tranquil staff could (and would, I saw it) come in there and do much more damage than those goblins. Nothing could hold a candle not only to a twinked monk’s damage but also their ability to solo, killing stuff higher level with fungi tunic

Charmed chanter pets really only got nuts at the very end of the leveling process, before that twinked melees would shit all over my damage, and maybe still can

So when people say chanters are OP, they aren’t all that impressive to me while leveling, compared to twinked other chars that benefit directly from stats and weapon ratios. At the very end game yea, sure tho
Old 07-28-2023, 09:35 AM
Planar Protector

is there anyone out here saying a class is op cuz its really good at fighting a level 22 goblin
Fauvana 60 Erudite Necromancer
Erjav 60 Human Bard
Enjamini 60 Human Magician
Deepwalter 60 Erudite Paladin
Seliel 60 Human Rogue
Enjoii 54 Dark Elf Warrior
Old 07-28-2023, 09:42 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by unsunghero [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I like to feel the power

I even sometimes sit close so I can watch the quad triple digit hits

But one thing some people forget about chanters is you are only as strong as the mobs can get

When I was leveling in Sol A I could charm a goblin and do whatever damage those could do. But a twinkled monk with a tranquil staff could (and would, I saw it) come in there and do much more damage than those goblins. Nothing could hold a candle not only to a twinked monk’s damage but also their ability to solo, killing stuff higher level with fungi tunic

Charmed chanter pets really only got nuts at the very end of the leveling process, before that twinked melees would shit all over my damage, and maybe still can

So when people say chanters are OP, they aren’t all that impressive to me while leveling, compared to twinked other chars that benefit directly from stats and weapon ratios. At the very end game yea, sure tho

I don't even know how to respond to that, lol.

You do you, though.
Old 07-28-2023, 01:08 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by enjchanter [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
is there anyone out here saying a class is op cuz its really good at fighting a level 22 goblin
Back in the day some people used to claim enchanters were the most OP class in the game from 1-60 and I was like what?
Old 07-28-2023, 01:55 PM
Kobold

Once you get charm, I'd have to agree. Especially past 50.
Old 07-28-2023, 03:25 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alarria [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Once you get charm, I'd have to agree. Especially past 50.
No way, not factoring in that most people making alts nowadays are twinking them

There is nothing that can hold a candle to a monk in a fungi with a tranquil staff just massacring stuff higher level than them with no breaks

I remember being in Sol A back in the day and seeing this monk wrecking through, his damage being spammed in one of my windows. And I thought “ah damn this must be some level 50+ farming the place”, then I’d check his level and he’d be like 5 levels lower than me, killing stuff many times faster. That’s when I realized the true power of twinkage

But charm is kinda mana intensive in the early and mid game, I’d put necros above us there in terms of power and leveling

Getting clarity is a big power breakpoint, then ToT is another, those have been my biggest 2. A chanter without mana is a soon to be dead chanter
Old 07-28-2023, 05:14 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
No way, not factoring in that most people making alts nowadays are twinking them

There is nothing that can hold a candle to a monk in a fungi with a tranquil staff just massacring stuff higher level than them with no breaks

I remember being in Sol A back in the day and seeing this monk wrecking through, his damage being spammed in one of my windows. And I thought “ah damn this must be some level 50+ farming the place”, then I’d check his level and he’d be like 5 levels lower than me, killing stuff many times faster. That’s when I realized the true power of twinkage

But charm is kinda mana intensive in the early and mid game, I’d put necros above us there in terms of power and leveling

Getting clarity is a big power breakpoint, then ToT is another, those have been my biggest 2. A chanter without mana is a soon to be dead chanter
There's a big twink+era factor here. Twinked monks are ridiculous at this stage of the server. And now even an untwinked a monk probably has a 23/28 Wu's Quivering Staff in Sol A. But pre-kunark there's no regen tunic and that monk is weilding what, 8/36-10/34 ratio bare fists?