Closed Thread

Old 02-27-2015, 01:13 PM
Banned

avoid said loser behavior by staying out of those zones

these threads are repetitive
Old 02-27-2015, 01:31 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by fred schnarf [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
avoid said loser blackbelts by staying out of yellow belt competitions

these threads are repetitive
Old 02-27-2015, 01:40 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Absenthe [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
No, the problem is definitely the twinks. The twinking isn't 100% of the problem though, they also box their 50+ alts and come in with buffs making them almost invincibleble. And, if you manage to win in the battle they run off with their jboots, levi cloak, incarndine bp or cos and hide behind mobs while their fungi and chloro buff heals them back up or just straight up plug.
And everyone's excuse is "it's pvp." It's definitely nothing like the pvp I remember on classic, and it's just boring.
I'm all for another group coming in and kicking my groups ass and taking our spot, but having some guy run around with god mode and play whack a mole is less than fun and isn't good for server health. When one person mildly entertains themselves by ruining the fun of dozens of others just remove the cancer imo.
this IS classic, whether you acknowledge it or not. There has always been twinks. And yes it is PVP, just because it isn't the way YOU want it, there are no rules to limit this sort of gameplay (except the boxing to buff, which should be instant bans IMO since those that do it one time have done it countless times). You argue not good for server health, but neither is any PVP. If this server went blue with the current xp bonus we would jump in population, maybe we should get rid of pvp? /sarcasm off.

There was another post on the forums from a guy who said basically he stayed on this server BECAUSE of that thrill factor. I am the same way, I love when I am on a low lvl toon in a random group and a twink comes in. Trying to get your group to work together to thwart the twink and make him plug is an amazing feeling. Maybe you should try it sometime.
Old 02-27-2015, 01:54 PM
Fire Giant

Wish this was a thread about twinks....

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 02-27-2015, 04:20 PM
Sarnak

The only issue I have with some of these twinks is the ones that whine to a GM when someone gets them. I'm new to the server (quit EQ in 2001), and have had my ass kicked by a few, one who ignored LNS over and over. When we got a group to kill him and did the same he petitioned the GM.

It's your right to piss on people on the sever, but don't be a bitch if someone gets you back...this double standard is what the server seems to have too much of.

And of course, find a new zone....most are empty or good for a little 2v2 in places like Oasis.
Old 02-27-2015, 04:24 PM
Aviak

I used to get all upset about the twinks but not anymore... Just plug and play an alt, they get bored and camp quick anyway. Or get off the damned beaten path and level somewhere else. I have to pull teeth to get people to level anywhere besides Faydwer.

Fact is, a lot of times your XP will be faster in an uncontested zone with no twinks regardless of ZEM. TONS of zones that nobody goes to.
Old 02-27-2015, 04:31 PM
Banned

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackFlash [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Wish this was a thread about twinks....

seconded and this best pic on forums in a long

long

long

time

Old 02-27-2015, 04:38 PM
Planar Protector

the only reason twinks exist is because people won't modify their leveling behavior. they insist on going to zones where a twink has not only the gear advantage but can easily zone.

part of the griefer mentality is extreme cowardice and the loudest, sweetest tears come from killing one and getting walls of text about it. sometimes for days. most people on red don't understand griefer twinks because they aren't angst-driven sociopathic losers. it's only in those addled minds that griefing equates to PvP.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sykotic [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I used to get all upset about the twinks but not anymore... Just plug and play an alt, they get bored and camp quick anyway. Or get off the damned beaten path and level somewhere else. I have to pull teeth to get people to level anywhere besides Faydwer.

Fact is, a lot of times your XP will be faster in an uncontested zone with no twinks regardless of ZEM. TONS of zones that nobody goes to.
QFT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirken View Post
if your reason to be here is to ruin other peoples experiences and grief them off the server, then not only do you not deserve the privilege of playing here, but i will remove your ability to do so.
Old 02-27-2015, 08:22 PM
Sarnak

Because of Silvers, Lower, and the rest, I can put together a full group for Splitpaw, Cazic-thule, Najena or Kaesora without much hassle. If unrest/mistmoore were grief-free, I wouldn't be getting to group in these cool places. Everybody would just mindlessly level in unrest/mistmoore. Server pop is low enough that they wouldn't be too over-crowded.

And because of people who unwisely try to level in unrest and mistmoore, that's where the twinks go. So thank you for sacrificing yourselves for the good of the server.

If we really want to mess with them, an updated list of griefers along with their current level and prefered hunting grounds would really annoy them. Parties could LFM with a level range outside of griefers' pvp range.
Old 02-27-2015, 09:12 PM
Banned

tbh fighting with the twinks was almost all the good times i had on this server, other than in guk which was best times ever
Closed Thread