Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 05-19-2020, 10:24 AM
Planar Protector

If your goals involve flop-crawling arguably regen is very important. Being able to slam though (troll) could save you a ton of hit points with caster trash mobs.

Both the Greenmist and epic are sizable quests (Greenmist is a poop sock but easier). Raiding ntov for a weapon is far quicker and easier unless your guild does the old planes a lot and doesn’t have many sk’s. Or you have a couple hundred thousand plat for MQ’s.

People should play what they want. Thinking race is going to make a significant impact over class, gear, or skill is just silly tho.
Old 05-19-2020, 10:37 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snaggles [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Thinking race is going to make a significant impact over class, gear, or skill is just silly tho.
8 standing regen and the AC bonus from Iksar compared to human is pretty significant.
Old 05-19-2020, 11:19 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogma [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
8 standing regen and the AC bonus from Iksar compared to human is pretty significant.
For the purpose of this thread, in a monk/warrior world it’s still barely significant. It’s just more significant than with any other class combo. Because it’s one of the few advantages a monk can have over another monk. Dps out (same), dps in (slight iksar), passive healing, (iksar).

Remember: 8hps/tick is 1.33 hps per second...in a 1 minute fight that’s 79 whopping hit points over the human. It’s maybe one hit from a frog. The FD regen is by far more noticeable.

A hybrid has dozens of tricks that separate decent and amazing players. The gear isn’t even *as* important as a pure melee since it’s not just rng arithmetic. An amazing monk will finish the npc before it finishes them. A marginal one won’t. It doesn’t matter how quick you smash flying kick.
Old 05-19-2020, 11:33 AM
Sarnak

I don't really play monk. I play a warrior.

From vast experience mindlessly slaughtering mobs I can tell you a warrior is better off with fungi tunic than a breastplate of eradication. That's comparing 15 regen for a heap of AC and stats.

Even if you're only ending up with a net difference of 79 hp per fight like you had said, that's a free 79 hp every fight for hours on end if need be.

It's even more significant if you can lower the damage you're taking, through AC mitigation or slowing a mob or popping evasive disc, etc. Regen matters a lot. Especially if you're solo and that's your primary source of healing.
Last edited by Dogma; 05-19-2020 at 11:35 AM..
Old 05-19-2020, 11:39 AM
Planar Protector

Yea same difference. Fungi's are great, as is racial regen. Comparing it to a higher AC BP, in most situations it's still best in slot.

My point is it wont change what you can do in this edge-case scenario unless the npc incoming dps is significantly dampened by the 1.33 extra hps healing (human vs troll/iksar). We are talking the most razor thin of margins getting hit by high 40's mobs in seb. Not highkeep, sonic bats, or some random trash farm. A single drain soul is 338 hps, mend is a LOT more...both more important than 79 hps.

I wasn't saying racial advantages aren't nice perks. I'm saying a crummy player with crummy gear and regen is still SOL. The regen just give the player less time while FD regenning to realize how bad they are at the game.
Last edited by Snaggles; 05-19-2020 at 11:41 AM..
Old 05-19-2020, 02:24 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snaggles [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
while FD regenning to realize how bad they are at the game.
Haha that's good.

Regen per minute is marginal but the regen over hours of playtime are significant.

Its like the argument that regrowth is the best heal in the game. Obviously CH in the moment is king but the long haul, regrowth is a champion

PS. The regrowth comments are kinda special but /shrug that 15 regen a tick for the duration of the buff is a lot of healing.
Old 05-19-2020, 05:07 PM
Kobold

I was specifically talking about Shadowknights though not monks. I definitely agree that Iksar monk is the way to go. SKs are more murky.

As stated previously, Ogres have MUCH better stats and stun immunity. That means less stuns received meaning higher dps and more dmg mitigation (can't parry, dodge, etc in stun). However, they have no regen.

Iksars have MUCH lower stats. W/o access to NToV and Avatar weps (my case), I can't see me ever even getting 200 str barely even with the best twink gear. Even if I did, an Ogre could have 5x pure resist gear on and have the same str. This just feels like a HUGE boost to Ogre, however, yes they don't have access to Greenmist.

So, maybe for solo dungeon crawling Sebilis an Ogre would be better, but I'd also like to factor in the ability to solo a Cliff Golem, of which an Iksar would have a large advantage (I'd think).
Old 05-19-2020, 05:34 PM
Banned

solo cliff golem?

lol

better play a shaman or an enchanter

op i think your dreams will remain dreams
Old 05-19-2020, 05:47 PM
Sarnak

Soloing a cliff golem got me like
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

anyways. im iksar bias. i hope some pro Ogre SKs respond here. i know a few and will poke them in this direction
Last edited by Bbeta; 05-19-2020 at 05:52 PM..
Old 05-19-2020, 06:28 PM
Planar Protector

FSE is great but very overrated. Like regen it’s a nice perk but won’t win or lose you any fights. Unless that fight is trying to FD with 4 mobs on you but push is a problem at that point.

The cliff golem comment was great. If only they didn’t summon and could be feared.
Closed Thread