Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Guild Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 05-02-2018, 12:22 PM
Sarnak

Default <No Time To Rez> P99's Permadeath Guild

HI Everyone! I have really been giving it some thought to bring this playstyle back for this summer. The original guild recruitment thread was closed unfortunately, which can be found here:

<No Time To Rez> P99's new Permadeath Guild, are you up to the

It has been almost a year since I started with Cipherdec and some others back then, and the NTTR crew eventually died off. If I can manage to be made a Discord officer again I may be attempting to reboot this guild back up in the near future.

My question, is there any interest in this? Let me know, and we can see about rebooting for the Summer of 2018!

Quote:
The main ideas are this:

1. Your character is RANDOMLY determined, requirements being race/class randomed thorugh various methods explained in the Discord channels.

2. You die by any means from creation and onward, then its time to delete or re-roll! (in some instances if your character has become very attached to you people have just chose to disband/remove that character from the Guild and therefore the play-style. Interesting note to this, to this day not a single character of my knowledge has been continued to play further, more just chosen to keep as a trophy of sorts)

3. No Suiciding because you don't like your roll. Try it out, you may find that even though you've played that class before a new race and play-style adds a whole 'nother dimension to it.

4. You are allowed to farm to your hearts content and buy/sell gear in the EC tunnel, and even find gear Vendor-diving if that's your wish. Just no setting up a "finding" a Fungi tunic, because lets face it no one has EVER sold a Fungi to a vendor on purpose.

5. In order to keep the challenge pure, there is no PowerLeveling or OP/Over-level buffs. Buffs should have a 10 level limit. i.e. at level 12 no getting a POTG/Chloro cast on you etc.

6. Above all else have fun! There are options to /brew (that's the Discord command we use to RNG a character) for a specific area if a few friends would like to try out playing in the same area together, In addition everyone in the guild is allowed to have 2 characters, so it is encouraged to save a spot to join people and group together. We don't have any problems providing a port with outside guild toons to meet up and group with friends/guildies either if that is what you would like to do.

Details are in the Discord channels, hop in and check it out. It is a fun time for sure. Be sure to read through the #guild_rules and #faq channels for all the details and guidelines.

Discord link: https://discord.gg/gc89fb5
ADDITIONALLY, If this is something that sounds fun and exciting, I want to highly recommend looking into THIS:

EverQuest: Battle Royale Private Server A brand new project still in Testing stages by Secrets. Think of it as a PUBG survival/scrounge for items (and spells!) PVP environment meets EQ. There are no specific classes, basically your "class" is made up randomly as you go along according to the items/spells you come across/buy/camp/quest (you cant buy spells though) It does use a different client than P99 does however I found it not at all that different with some of the changes Secrets was able to incorporate. Secrets is opening it up FRESH with a wipe on Thursday evening, so this weekend starting tghe night of Friday May 4th, will be a FRESH start at level 1 for all, for Alpha-style Testing, Please come check it out!!

We could use more bodies to further test the PVP balancing, item/spell rarity and other aspects!!
Can send me PM here if you have any questions/need some help getting things going.
Old 05-03-2018, 12:48 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

I'd def be interested in seeing some fresh faces when I am playing Cote [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Cote - Level 10 Human Paladin <No Time to Rez>
Old 05-04-2018, 08:04 AM
Planar Protector

I’ll prob stream this, that way I can petition via fraps when I get trained

-Shinko Guild Leader <Safe Space> Green
Old 05-04-2018, 09:44 AM
Planar Protector

I would for sure roll up a new permadeath character, Kaezyr, and I would also stream it too.
Old 05-04-2018, 04:50 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shrubwise [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I would for sure roll up a new permadeath character, Kaezyr, and I would also stream it too.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinko [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I’ll prob stream this, that way I can petition via fraps when I get trained
I am not quite so sure streaming would be a good idea, or maybe it is, LOL sounds like Shinko has the right idea, be like this:

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 05-05-2018, 05:58 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

I gave this a shot. I died at level three.
Old 05-05-2018, 07:09 AM
Planar Protector

I got to 26 on my final attempt and wandered into a very mean KOS dark elf in Highkeep. Could have played it safe and not died until 42 or so (I think that was my next death).
Old 05-12-2018, 11:29 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaezyr D`Shiv
<No Time To Rez> P99's Permadeath Guild

Quote:
The main ideas are this:

1. Your character is RANDOMLY determined, requirements being race/class randomed thorugh various methods explained in the Discord channels.

2. You die by any means from creation and onward, then its time to delete or re-roll! (in some instances if your character has become very attached to you people have just chose to disband/remove that character from the Guild and therefore the play-style. Interesting note to this, to this day not a single character of my knowledge has been continued to play further, more just chosen to keep as a trophy of sorts)

3. No Suiciding because you don't like your roll. Try it out, you may find that even though you've played that class before a new race and play-style adds a whole 'nother dimension to it.

4. You are allowed to farm to your hearts content and buy/sell gear in the EC tunnel, and even find gear Vendor-diving if that's your wish. Just no setting up a "finding" a Fungi tunic, because lets face it no one has EVER sold a Fungi to a vendor on purpose.

5. In order to keep the challenge pure, there is no PowerLeveling or OP/Over-level buffs. Buffs should have a 10 level limit. i.e. at level 12 no getting a POTG/Chloro cast on you etc.

6. Above all else have fun! There are options to /brew (that's the Discord command we use to RNG a character) for a specific area if a few friends would like to try out playing in the same area together, In addition everyone in the guild is allowed to have 2 characters, so it is encouraged to save a spot to join people and group together. We don't have any problems providing a port with outside guild toons to meet up and group with friends/guildies either if that is what you would like to do.

Details are in the Discord channels, hop in and check it out. It is a fun time for sure. Be sure to read through the #guild_rules and #faq channels for all the details and guidelines.

Discord link: https://discord.gg/gc89fb5
Starting to grow in numbers once again slowly but surely,
Check out the main rules by joining the Discord and learn all about permadeath on P99!!

We had three guilded members online yesterday! Some new, and some old! Join the fun today

<No Time to Rez> Discord: https://discord.gg/gc89fb5
Old 05-12-2018, 11:53 AM
Kobold

Mad props to you guys for what you do! I managed to get my war to 15 before my first (stupid) death, but I would've hated to let him go afterwards!

[Famalin Wisdomseed - High Elf Wizard - Quellious - 99 to 01]
Old 05-31-2018, 07:50 PM
Kobold

It can be frustrating but has an added level of feelings of excitement and accomplishment, I'm thoroughly enjoying it, even though I've started over four times. This is the last time though I can feel it.
Last edited by fzzzt; 05-31-2018 at 07:52 PM..
Closed Thread