Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Melee

Closed Thread

Old 03-25-2020, 11:16 PM
Fire Giant

Default Monk Epic Push

I just reinstalled after a long break and wanted to get back to playing my Monk. I’m pretty sure one of the patches after I left nerfed melee push as a means of interrupting NPC casting. Does this mean you can no longer reliably interrupt CHeals from mobs in the Hole for example?

Also, does Bind Wound in battle not work as well as it used to? Seems a bit off even in a good corner but it’s been awhile.

I’ve always been a big fan of The Hole and with the Zem changes in today’s patch I hope it’s srill a decent spot. Thanks for the help!
Old 03-26-2020, 04:03 PM
Sarnak

As you'll no doubt find, push is pretty useless against CH/gates now.
Old 03-26-2020, 04:45 PM
Fire Giant

Hey Senn thanks for letting me know and that’s what I was afraid of.
Old 03-28-2020, 04:13 AM
Sarnak

Sieves are usually the way, although some mobs have infinite mana and / or obscene mana regen.
Old 03-28-2020, 06:00 AM
Planar Protector

On live, I remember wizards, clerics, and paladins actively casting stuns on a lot of mobs. To interrupt casts and as a kind of mitigation. Mobs stunned are mobs not attacking. Maybe it's a new (old) paradigm to try. I mean, this is against trash mobs, not unstunnable raid mobs.
Old 03-28-2020, 12:17 PM
Planar Protector

In the high player levels spell stuns will usually land. Giants, raids, and some unusually resistant camps (velks pits, Seb king, etc) are the exceptions.

The best thing in grind groups to do is have a team cooperating and all trying to stun CH/gaters. Even without a paladin a number of classes have interupts and the more people trying the better the chance of it working. On a raid if people work with leadership and have the dps/heals they can succeed.
Closed Thread