Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 04-23-2018, 10:18 AM
Fire Giant

Boxing and instances killed Everquest once, it's interesting to see emulator servers reproducing exactly that a mere 20 years after o_o scary when you think about IRL wars and genocides and shit, people learn nothing from history... We all understand the pros of boxing and instances, everyone on p99 has at least once thought "hey you know what, boxing/instancing would actually solve my <current problem>!" - but the flipside to that medal is server death, and we all know that too. So no thanks please go back to your cave.

No boxing.
No instances.

PS: it's 2018, we know how to use google if we ever need to look for a new server to play on. no need to come here with your constant propaganda.
Old 04-23-2018, 05:08 PM
VIP / Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jhaerik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The server literally has the high end raid scene instanced.... there is no way to undermine anyone..
Sure there is. For example,

There's a GM in every guild. (something you've stated.)
What happens when GM "X" summons items for their guild, and GM "Y" has a disagreement with said summoning? The server staff has to collectively sweep the incident under the rug, players from all guilds get affected, and drama happens. (as it was stated in this thread as well, by an ex-P2002 player)

Not to mention your server boasts instancing and lockouts. What are guilds going to do when their lockout is still going... play with Powerslave in contested worlds where there's a FFA, administrator-led guild where 4 GMs reside?
You're avoiding the problem by doing instancing, and the problem isn't with the game (clearly anyone will play on any emu regardless of accuracy, judging by this turd of a server), it's with the people that play on and manage the game.

Plus, the name is a blatant ripoff of Project 1999 and the gameplay is mostly TAKProject's work; you and the rest of the server staff have the gonads to think you're the better choice and think you actually did meaningful work, on top of the blatant favoritism and corruption going on within your own server?
It's funny that you have people like Trust that come into EQEmu and think they're top shit and everyone's friend because 'they can compile and run their own server' and praise the work that's being done for them by EQEmu's developers so that they can claim it as their own. They have anonymous trolls come to this thread to constantly try and troll the folks on P99 into playing on this corrupt pile of dogshit, and if you disagree with all the shills here (which are all alt accounts of the developers of P2002, undoubtedly) then you're attacked by said anonymous cowards.

Everyone should steer clear of this puddle of mud. If something's good enough, you'll find it; you won't need an advertisement for it.

Hard pass.

“Knowing yourself is the beginning of all wisdom.” — Aristotle
Last edited by Secrets; 04-23-2018 at 05:14 PM..
Old 04-23-2018, 06:20 PM
Orc

lols, people now comparing p2002 to "genocides n shit"

ITT: TAK Devs that are mad as hell, and are not going to take it anymore. Keep up with the slander, however keep in mind that it's not going to raise TAK player numbers. For that you would need a friendly community, and down to earth GMs and developers. I can only speak for myself but I would rather play on an inAKurate server without the likes of Haynar and Torven. To each their own [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 04-23-2018, 07:09 PM
Banned

woah cool avatar. where'd you get that??
Old 04-23-2018, 07:13 PM
Banned

Bleepo scares me.

Dialing up my milatrized police dudes on my red phone.
Old 04-24-2018, 08:58 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleepo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
lols, people now comparing p2002 to "genocides n shit"
This is just proving again that you twist reality to reach your goal. You're just a deceptive madboy. I didn't say that, at all. Aren't you busy playing on your dream server?
Old 04-24-2018, 09:20 AM
Orc

P2002 can't stop people from coming here and talking about their positive experience on the server. I don't usually post here until people start to:

a.) post false information in an attempt to discredit us
b.) slander and insult the p2002 developers

If my posts annoy you so much, just don't do those things and you're golden, and won't see me here. Don't pretend I am spamming the boards with advertisement posts. it has long been established that p2002 doesn't need to advertise anywhere, we have healthy constant influx of new people. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

As to the other stuff, I think the track record speaks for itself, despite:

a.) constant negative propaganda
b.) alleged inaccurate server mechanics
c.) a previous p2002 ad ban
d.) not being listed on the EQEmu login
e.) alleged corrupt staff
f.) no trader 4th box to inflate player numbers

P2002 still pulls more numbers than TAK does. The reasons are simple:

a.) great community (also the reason why people come here to post about their positive experience, despite being continually harrassed by the local trolls and some salty devs who can't deal with reality)
b.) down to earth, accessible Devs who don't get half of their enjoyment from putting people down on the forum and swinging their e-peen
c.) fair unbiased GMs that work on factual information instead of hearsay

You would be well served to follow the simple recipe I just laid out for you. The other stuff doesn't seem to work at all
Old 04-24-2018, 09:25 AM
Sarnak

I don't always EverQuest but when I do, I choose Project1999
Old 04-24-2018, 10:11 AM
VIP / Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleepo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
a.) great community (also the reason why people come here to post about their positive experience, despite being continually harrassed by the local trolls and some salty devs who can't deal with reality)
b.) down to earth, accessible Devs who don't get half of their enjoyment from putting people down on the forum and swinging their e-peen
c.) fair unbiased GMs that work on factual information instead of hearsay

You would be well served to follow the simple recipe I just laid out for you.
Oh really? I guess it's time for this then post then. These are the people you are defending. They have done the polar opposite of what you are claiming, have harassed TAKP and its developers and continue to walk away without any notion that they are actually doing any wrong.

That ends now. Here's the truth behind the P2002 developers and why you should steer clear of these mentally ill individuals that run this server:

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

“Knowing yourself is the beginning of all wisdom.” — Aristotle
Old 04-24-2018, 10:19 AM
Orc

I just wanna get 1 thing straight:

P1999 is definitely by far the best server if you're into classic trilogy EQ (although, if you're into the classic EQ client, playing on TAKProject on a Mac is probably as close as it gets to the real thing), with single boxing and a really solid player base. I wish there was a P99'esque server that stopped at Planes of Power, now that would be really awesome.

The issue is that once you reach raid level, it becomes very clear very fast that there is such a thing as too many players with too little raid content to go around. Makes it really hard to enjoy everything the game has to offer without devoting your life to it, and some people don't have the time or will to do that anymore. Is it such a bad thing that there are other options out there?

You could easily split the population into 2 servers and they'd still have too many people on either of them, so I am not sure why some of the people on here get so terribly defensive about their server when people come here to post about their experience with other servers.

I have played here for a while and I really enjoyed it. I even enjoyed batphoning for a while, but now I am glad I can raid casually without having to deal with the pressure, and the shenanigans of raiding on p99 with all it's rules frapsing etc. I would have quit playing EQ a while ago if it wasn't for P2002 (and TAK), thanks to them I am still enjoying the game.
Closed Thread