Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 04-22-2018, 10:39 PM
Fire Giant

why did this thread turn from "elitist point of view" to "complaints about other people"? lol. the original idea was nice enough, there is a whole forum section to complaint about other people ^^;

another of my elitist views: if you play Agnostic you're weak and you're not immersed enough and you fail at EQ.
Old 04-23-2018, 03:27 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nagoya [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
why did this thread turn from "elitist point of view" to "complaints about other people"? lol. the original idea was nice enough, there is a whole forum section to complaint about other people ^^;

another of my elitist views: if you play Agnostic you're weak and you're not immersed enough and you fail at EQ.
I kinda am behind this mindset myself.

It makes me feel weird RPwise (I know I know) why someone would be agnostic in a world where the literal gods walk around and do pretty impressive stuff.

Reminds me a bit of that Discworld Tale within a Tale (bless Pratchett) of the Agnostic guy in Discworld that the gods regularly threw stones at his house when bored ... lol , you know, for not believing in them!

Also Offler [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
----------------------------------
[center]
Old 04-23-2018, 10:06 AM
Banned

Over-eager damage dealers that break my CC'd mobs before the tank has even picked a target.

Annoying AF, not even elitist really. Just sit on your mfkin hands until you see the tank swinging away.
Old 04-23-2018, 10:52 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vormotus [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I kinda am behind this mindset myself.

It makes me feel weird RPwise (I know I know) why someone would be agnostic in a world where the literal gods walk around and do pretty impressive stuff.

Reminds me a bit of that Discworld Tale within a Tale (bless Pratchett) of the Agnostic guy in Discworld that the gods regularly threw stones at his house when bored ... lol , you know, for not believing in them!

Also Offler [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I've always seen Agnostic in EverQuest as meaning "I haven't picked any particular god to devote myself to", not "I'm skeptical that deities exist".

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 04-23-2018, 11:06 AM
Planar Protector

All non obtainable ST loot besides gnome mask is overrated. If you have a gnome mask you won the game.

Anyone who bothers with clearing Pot trash to kill Tunare does not value their time. Nothing she drops is worth all that effort to gear out 1-2 people.
Old 04-23-2018, 11:25 AM
Large Bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jokesteve [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Absolutely, when I'm outfitting an entire new set of gear for a new alt, and I get each item 5-10% under fair market value, thats a lot of savings.

Not to mention, everyone who is selling shit in EC tunnel is trying to get top dollar, and fuck all of that. When I see 5 of those bastards being sold, ya'll need to learn a little bit about supply and demand, because 9 times out of 10, one of those 4 other guys will take the 500pp less offer. Question is, is it gonna be you, or the next guy I send a tell to?

Thats the whole point of the East Commons Tunnel, haggling. If you don't want to haggle, go play Agnar and set up your bazaar mule.
People who trade EC like it's the stock market or a crypto exchange. I'll over pay and undersell just to get the hell out of there and get back to playing the game.

All the tunnel flippers and "emporium of ripping you off" shop runners should consider real trading - seriously you'd probably have just as much fun or more doing that.
Old 04-23-2018, 11:31 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pheer [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It was more like 3k worth of consumables, unless youre counting the cost of getting the items themselves in the first place in which case its a lot more since he used a full bladestopper.
Bladestorpper (~400-500k)
Puppet Strings (~300k)
Wort Posts (~2k per)
Reaper (600pp)
SoulFire (~6k if you buy a MQ)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pheer [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Also it has nothing to do with skill or consumables and everything to do with gear and the fact that monks are god tier in velious.
Truth.

♦♦ Nikkanu (60 Dark Elf Cleric) ♦♦
♦♦ Psychoactive (60 Ogre Shaman) ♦♦
♦♦ Recycling (60 Iksar Necromancer) ♦♦
♦♦ Silentblade (60 Dwarf Rogue) ♦♦
♦♦ Yourack (60 Human Monk) ♦♦
♦♦ Bargains (EC Mule) ♦♦
Old 04-23-2018, 12:22 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikkanu [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Bladestorpper (~400-500k)
Puppet Strings (~300k)
Wort Posts (~2k per)
Reaper (600pp)
SoulFire (~6k if you buy a MQ)
I dont understand this obsession people seem to have with "how much money worth of consumables" he used. He only used like 2 wort pots and a full bladestopper so about 2.5kish? pp worth of recharges. No soulfire, no reaper, one charge of puppet string for giant adds when RF ran but that could easily have been avoided by clearing them before the kill. Also tbh he probably could have just tanked through them and finished the kill since he was around 50%~ ish but i guess he didnt want to chance it. Also you could easily replace the bladestopper with one more wort pot and bring the grand total of consumables used on this fight to like 6kpp.
Old 04-23-2018, 12:23 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I've always seen Agnostic in EverQuest as meaning "I haven't picked any particular god to devote myself to", not "I'm skeptical that deities exist".
The only problem with that is that "agnostic" is a real word with a real definition, and it is closer to the latter than the former [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] if it was called "Flaputitious" with your definition then sure np!
Old 04-23-2018, 12:28 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
And there is the difference between agnostic and atheist. Too many think it's the same.
Agnostic: "God(s) exist, I just don't worship any in particular."
Atheist: "god(s)? Let me show you thing this called science, because gods don't exist"

And to stick with the topic, and I'm sure I'll catch some heat for this one, but when I see macros like this....

Tank: heal please
Cleric: Hold on to your horses hats, because I'm about to knock them off with a complete heal incoming to the mighty %T

That shit is dumb. Whatever happened to the simple and effective, "CH to %t"

Also, when people break my mezzes on my bard, and then claim it's because I'm not spamming " mezzing %t". That's a fair point, but it also doesn't explain why you aren't assisting the tank and have repeatedly broken my mezzes on 3-4 mobs. Have faith in your group members to do there job. If they aren't, address it. But one of my huge pet peeves is people telling others how to play their class in an 18 year old game when they haven't even met said person and have no idea if they know what they are doing or not.
Closed Thread