Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 04-21-2018, 06:38 PM
Fire Giant

Default Is there a list of non essential files on the EQ Titanium Client?

I know there is a one in all .exe file that supposedly cleans all non essential files for a "clean" version of a P99 client, removing I believe files for Omens of War, like music and assets and it also deletes other non required files, trimming the 3+gigs to about 1.5 I believe amongst others things.

But me being in Linux , running external .exes on virtual window drives is a bit too technical at this stage, might be doable or perhaps not.

So was wondering if there is a list of the non essential files on the EQ client , so I could delete them manually and save some precious space on my Small SSD?

If I could delete at least 1 gig of stuff that would really help [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Just do not want to delete stuff that might be needed later [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Any tip or info will be appreciated!

Hugz to you all!

Cheers!
----------------------------------
[center]
Old 04-21-2018, 07:03 PM
Planar Protector

Your referencing EQ Lite from this post: https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...ead.php?t=7186

You can extract the batch file and open it in a text editor and see all the files it removes. You can edit it and turn it into a shell script that removes all these files or just use the list to do it manually

Edit: Looking at that thread, the third post has a complete list of all the files it removes
Last edited by Kavious; 04-21-2018 at 07:07 PM..
Old 04-21-2018, 07:23 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kavious [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Your referencing EQ Lite from this post: https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...ead.php?t=7186

You can extract the batch file and open it in a text editor and see all the files it removes. You can edit it and turn it into a shell script that removes all these files or just use the list to do it manually

Edit: Looking at that thread, the third post has a complete list of all the files it removes
Yesss! TY!

Ahhh ty ty! Exactly what I needed! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

You win some of my famous fish soup sir, if you see me ingame I will give you a free stack of it! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Cheers!
----------------------------------
[center]
Old 04-26-2018, 03:35 AM
Skeleton

Hiya Vortomus! If you run the handy little installer that comes with Duxa UI it has an option to do just that. I like to download the slightly higher res versions of the files from the EQ trilogy pack and then run it to remove all the extra junk. Freed up quite a bit of space if I remember correctly. I just did a fresh Windows install and am setting up the OS and EQ again. If I can I will post how much space it saved.