Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Priests

Closed Thread

Old 09-02-2015, 12:48 AM
Skeleton

I did a CoM book turn in but did not get a faction hit. Is that normal?
Old 09-02-2015, 09:21 AM
Decaying Skeleton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quiker [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I did a CoM book turn in but did not get a faction hit. Is that normal?
I would assume that you didn't have high enough faction already to complete that part. The whole quest is faction based and each step requires a higher amount of faction then the last. There are quit a few steps before the CoM book turn ins that you need to do in order to have appropriate faction for the books.

The wiki is a good start and a little searching should find what factions you need per part of the quest.
Old 09-02-2015, 09:53 AM
Kobold

Just wanna hop in and say, I had max faction pre Velious and still have max faction now. I'd still recommend doing a quick gem, log or books turn in to be certain.
Old 09-02-2015, 10:00 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsalt [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
There are quit a few steps before the CoM book turn ins that you need to do in order to have appropriate faction for the books
jsalt is right here. I think you have to test of patience but believe you can just do gem runs from pegleg to nfp repeatedly after that until book time. That said you should get your shield of falsehood and black dire boots if you can because both are awesome items you'll likely rock through the high 50s when raid items take over. Those items are one of the reasons that shaman epic is one of my favorite quests in the game. Of course, I've never had to be the Hole bit though :-P
Old 09-03-2015, 12:49 PM
Large Bat

Following up with this thread, I had max faction before Vel came out and still have max faction after Vel now. I did a CoM book turn in to double check my faction to double check. You still need max faction for this to work so the wiki is a little off because there is the new faction with Vel.

I did tiny gem turns ins A LOT and then a CoM book turn in and Lord Ghiosk books turn in to max. I double checked faction with a CoM book turn in as stated above. I also did the black dire part for SoW boots! Always get the SoW boots!
Old 10-11-2015, 05:12 AM
Kobold

Wanted to ask a Q about this; currently I am ally faction but not max.
I have done all the epic til the com books, and have now turned in 8 books (5 while already at 'ally' but still it doesn't say 'cannot get any better' I have also done another woe/envy turn in while at ally too!
I was speaking to someone in game today who said you only need 'ally' now as ally faction was added with velious, you don't need max ally. He said to check by talking to the spirit under lake to check.
So I spoke to them (without handing in scale as I don't have yet) and can do all the dialogue! Does this mean I'm done with the faction? I can't see how the full quest til com book, then 8 books isn't enough to max?
Can anyone elaborate on this? Like if you can do the dialogue with the last spirit you can hand in scale and get epic?
I have repeated a few of the earlier steps while 'ally' faction and it's still not maxed, so I'm hoping as I can do the dialogue I am done, as it is taking a really long time to faction up (seems longer than it should be)
Last edited by Cillaz; 10-11-2015 at 05:15 AM.. Reason: Spelling
Old 10-11-2015, 09:26 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

Do you really want to risk it? Just max it out. You're very close. You should still need max because they didn't add additional #'s to factions. Just another level of faction to identify where you stand (for example if you needed 2k faction to max before, you still need 2k but now at 1.8k it shows ally). I think I did like 8 com turn ins and 3 woe/envy.
Just max it to be safe.
Old 11-21-2015, 08:48 AM
Large Rat

Hello, How is the best way to max faction? turning gems til infinite?

Thanks.
Old 11-21-2015, 08:51 AM
Sarnak

Does alliance work ?
Old 11-21-2015, 12:54 PM
Large Rat

Im troll shaman.
Closed Thread