Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 11-28-2019, 01:36 PM
Skeleton

Default Trade skill skillups (Fletching)

Has anyone else noticed an incredibly bad skill up rate with trade skills (I have noticed it with other skills as well, but this thread is about Fletching in particular)?

A list of my stats as I am not sure which one would influence Fletching skill ups:
STR 90
AGI 85
DEX 85
WIS 80
INT 75

I did 120 combines and only got 7 skill ups. That is ONLY 1 out of ever 17, or so, combines. I started with 35 skill and ended with 42. I was combining something that was trivial at 46, so it wasn't very far away from my current skill. Not sure if 7 out of 120 is normal, but, to me, that seems ridiculously low.
Old 11-28-2019, 02:38 PM
Banned

int real low, get an int set.
Old 11-28-2019, 03:07 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by kschuder02 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Has anyone else noticed an incredibly bad skill up rate with trade skills (I have noticed it with other skills as well, but this thread is about Fletching in particular)?

A list of my stats as I am not sure which one would influence Fletching skill ups:
STR 90
AGI 85
DEX 85
WIS 80
INT 75

I did 120 combines and only got 7 skill ups. That is ONLY 1 out of ever 17, or so, combines. I started with 35 skill and ended with 42. I was combining something that was trivial at 46, so it wasn't very far away from my current skill. Not sure if 7 out of 120 is normal, but, to me, that seems ridiculously low.
This sounds like you had some bad luck (but not *really* bad luck). You should expect about 10% of the time getting a skill up with 75 INT at that level:

So, with 120 combines, you would expect to get about 12 skill ups. 7 is bad luck, but not awful. I have had many dry spells in the past when doing 200+ combines with no skillups. But I've also had really good luck getting 10 skill ups in a row.

See: http://www.eqtraders.com/calculators...r=130000000000

I have found it to be relatively accurate when mastering Black Smithing, Jewelry Making, Tailoring, Fletching, and Alchemy on Blue (also Jewelry Making on Green).

It is in fact, your intelligence you want to get boosted to get better skill ups.

Best of luck.
Old 11-28-2019, 03:24 PM
Skeleton

Thank you both for the replies. Guess I'll just have to slog along and hope for the best. lol
Old 11-28-2019, 08:04 PM
Orc

I see that the two replies thus far suggest increasing INT, but it was my understanding that fletching used the highest of WIS, INT, or DEX...
Old 11-28-2019, 09:19 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by kschuder02 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

STR 90
AGI 85
DEX 85
WIS 80
INT 75

I was doing my fletching in groups of 80 combines a set. My last 18 points for 150 went like this: First set of 80 4 skill ups, second set 2 skill ups, third set 3 skill ups and the final 80 set I got 9 skill ups and finished 150. It ended up costing more than I had hoped it would lol.
Old 11-28-2019, 11:22 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bardolap [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I see that the two replies thus far suggest increasing INT, but it was my understanding that fletching used the highest of WIS, INT, or DEX...
Things on P99 may not be exactly like we recall. Smithing should take STR as the stat to factor skill ups if that is the highest thing compared to your INT or WIS.
Closed Thread