Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 05-28-2020, 05:29 PM
Fire Giant

Excellent post Castle. I have decided to sell mine at a steal. I just can’t bring myself to make and lvl a Druid for the 3rd time.
Old 05-28-2020, 06:28 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by billwilliams [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
No one gives a shit, at this point you are having conversations with yourself, both IRL and now on a forum...
Lol this dude is so sad. Posts about having quit P99 when he got suspended for attempting to (and sucking at) train people, yet he just can't resist coming back here because he has nothing better to do.

The only thing more pathetic than having a whiney meltdown in RnF about how you're "done" with P99 is continuing to come back after making that post [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 05-28-2020, 07:22 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Octopath
Excellent post Castle. I have decided to sell mine at a steal. I just can’t bring myself to make and lvl a Druid for the 3rd time.
WTB.

Can roll wizard, or just turn in bandages on your druid to get the faction, dont you have a Dru on Green?

My favorite sourgrapes dichotomy of posts:
  • It's broke!
  • It's too much of a hassle

I guess it could be broke and a pain in the butt to do, but then it's only broke for the hardcore, the elite, the crème de la crème, with mad sexy dance moves.

What's awesome about the Manadance™ is it makes everyone a'movin and a'shakin. The Manadancers™ are dancing and the wallflowers are shakin' because it makes 'em pure jelly [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

To the sourgrapes crowd turned pure sour-grape-jelly, all I gotta share a few key facts:
  1. P99 players only care about keeping dem good vibes, good vibes in the air
  2. So I threw down this knowledge to make em feel good, even if it it's mainly for every Wizard and Drood
  3. Put that Rock in your primary slot and don't take it easy
  4. You can get out of this club if you don't feel me
  5. You can give up your sour grapes post, aint no stopping, everyone on this server is down with this Rock
  6. Imma say 'Booyah'

*crowdsurfs back to the center of the throng and keeps Manadancing™*
Old 05-29-2020, 12:15 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm just being matter of fact about this: you're so keen on selling it that I want it less ;D

At most i'd probably go 50k right now for it based on how hard people are trying to hock them.. and I think that would be on a good day.

The problem is that there's so many people I know who want to sell it that I could just find that person really quick. It's going to go through that big price nosedive later this year too (about the time the abu boxes go up for a short time) before it slowly goes up a little in the velious era but in the end there's just so damn many of them.

but that's how prices work I guess, if people are trying so hard to sell nobody's going to want to buy it ;P
Ya that big nosedive like the ones for 800k on blue.
Old 05-29-2020, 01:31 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMN [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Ya that big nosedive like the ones for 800k on blue.
Oh you replied to me quick before I decided I sounded too antagonistic.

Though I consider 800k on blue to be about 82500 on green today.

This is just a dirty crunch of server life multiplier versus/divided player retirement estimate combined by populations to start

I think at the end of green i'd call around 310k Green to blues 800k, if I just assume population holds steady, which is too soon to call. Then if the merge happens.. well jeez that's gonna be confusing, but the active manastones on active players will be way up.
Old 05-29-2020, 04:30 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I feel like half this thread is people patting themselves on the back for their brilliance in using an item everyone's known was broken since 2000.
If this were not something that they should be proud of, the wiki wouldn't exist! Now, go put it on the wiki, so when people figure it out after uncovering some weird google chat or dead forum post from 11 years ago, or they get so immersed they discover the ONCE SECRET cool SECRETS of everquest, you can roast them because now suddenly apparently these secrets that you once worked so hard to put into the wiki are NOT COOL anymore because everyone knows about them.... ironically pointed out by the guy flooding the wiki with spoilers.

Ironic, for a jedi. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Last edited by Jibartik; 05-29-2020 at 04:34 AM..
Old 05-29-2020, 05:17 AM
Fire Giant

i like this.
Kittens Who Say Meow / Asgard / The Mystical Order / Forsaken / Aftermath
Sacrifice*P99G*
[] Tunare 2000+ Kabijito [] FippyDarkpaw TLP Radda []
Old 05-29-2020, 11:20 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibartik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If this were not something that they should be proud of, the wiki wouldn't exist! Now, go put it on the wiki, so when people figure it out after uncovering some weird google chat or dead forum post from 11 years ago, or they get so immersed they discover the ONCE SECRET cool SECRETS of everquest, you can roast them because now suddenly apparently these secrets that you once worked so hard to put into the wiki are NOT COOL anymore because everyone knows about them.... ironically pointed out by the guy flooding the wiki with spoilers.

Ironic, for a jedi. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Ok, I should have qualified my statement a bit more: there is some strategy/tech discussion here also; it's not pure back-patting. And I do respect strategy/tech discussion!

But at the same time, I respect "cheat discussion" the least out of all such talk. It's like talking about the cool new technique you found to press UP UP DOWN DOWN LEFT RIGHT LEFT RIGHT B A B A START extra quickly. Like yes, it is cool, and yes, it is part of playing Contra ... but compared to discussions about how to jump better, or how to shoot better, or how to play the game without cheats better ... talking about how to best use a cheat (that the devs deliberately left in the game for you to use to make the game easier) is in my book the lowest form of "theorycrafting".

You're welcome to disagree that manastones are similar to the Konami code, but as deliberate dev-introduced "ways to make the game easier than intended" they seem fairly analogous to me. Even so though, I do have significantly more respect for Castle posting about his clever trick than for the majority of posts here. It is clever and it is theorycrafting.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Last edited by loramin; 05-29-2020 at 11:38 AM..
Old 05-29-2020, 05:37 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Ok, I should have qualified my statement a bit more: there is some strategy/tech discussion here also; it's not pure back-patting. And I do respect strategy/tech discussion!

But at the same time, I respect "cheat discussion" the least out of all such talk. It's like talking about the cool new technique you found to press UP UP DOWN DOWN LEFT RIGHT LEFT RIGHT B A B A START extra quickly. Like yes, it is cool, and yes, it is part of playing Contra ... but compared to discussions about how to jump better, or how to shoot better, or how to play the game without cheats better ... talking about how to best use a cheat (that the devs deliberately left in the game for you to use to make the game easier) is in my book the lowest form of "theorycrafting".

You're welcome to disagree that manastones are similar to the Konami code, but as deliberate dev-introduced "ways to make the game easier than intended" they seem fairly analogous to me. Even so though, I do have significantly more respect for Castle posting about his clever trick than for the majority of posts here. It is clever and it is theorycrafting.
Root nets recharged, ever use those? Cheater.

In fact you ever recharge anything? Cheater.

Get agro with a clicky? Cheater.

Cani dance? Cheater.

Corpse a no rent item? Cheater!

Click an item from your inventory not intended for your class? Cheater.

Kite a mob? Cheater. (was an exploit never even known about until launch)

Aoe a mob with a bard? cheater.

Heal on rez? Cheater.

Call of hero to pull a mob? Cheater.

Kill, the unkillable? GODS AMONG MEN?! (nope, cheaters).

Wearing lustrous russet armor? Cheater lol!

Everything in everquest is cheating, that's what makes it so great, its not cookie cutter! You can have an entierly different, and equally challanaing experience after playing this game for 20 years! That's because of exploits!

I play because of the cool tricks grand masters did when I was a kid. And 20 years later now I have the time, and the opportunity to try them!

It's the most realistic simmulator a game has ever created, it's just like real life, know how to flip a house? Great you'll be rich! Don't? Oh well, watch people get rich while you struggle farming wisps!

I find it really annoying you always say this in every thread that is about an amazing mechanic disocvered by a grand master at everquest, posted by a new grand master at everquest...

...while you would spend all your free time, filling out guides so people can cheat their way to 60 without experiencing everquest, discovering, or learning anything on their own.

There is nothing more cheater, than reading about how to spawn a mob, where to find an item and where to exp and make plat at the same time, from a guide. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Edit: but that said, (again I know I've said most of it to you before) thank you for giving castle the praise he deserves, because he's making classic everquest happen! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Last edited by Jibartik; 05-29-2020 at 06:06 PM..
Old 05-29-2020, 05:54 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibartik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Root nets recharged, ever use those? Cheater.

In fact you ever recharge anything? Cheater.

Click an item from your inventory not intended for your class? Cheater.

Kite a mob? Cheater. (was an exploit never even known about until launch)

Aoe a mob with a bard? cheater.

Everything in everquest is cheating, that's what makes it so great, its not cookie cutter! You can have an entierly different, and equally challanaing experience after playing this game for 20 years! That's because of exploits!
No, all the things you listed were "accidental features": they weren't intended, but the devs did decide, intentionally, to keep them in the game. The mana orb was a mistake, and Verant intentionally removed it before the game had even been out a year.

Quote:
I play because of the cool tricks grand masters did when I was a kid. And 20 years later now I have the time, and the opportunity to try them!
I <3 cool tricks too ... but tell me, what exactly is the "cool trick" to knowing that an item was removed for being too powerful over 20 years ago, and then clicking a box and not playing EverQuest for days straight to get it? There's none: it's the Konami code, something anyone can do, with zero cleverness, to make the game easier.

Yes, EQ is all about the clever use of things in unintended ways, and Castle's recharging trick was clever ... but the item itself literally required the opposite of cleverness to obtain: to click all those AFK checks to obtain it you had to turn your brain off for days at a time, instead of using it to play [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

P.S. And to be clear, I don't in any way begrudge Castle or anyone else their orb! I legit wish I'd turned my brain off and gotten one instead of waiting a week and having Teal merge! But even if I had one, and I used the hell out of it ... which I would ... it'd still be (like the Konami code) an easier way to play that doesn't require cleverness.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Last edited by loramin; 05-29-2020 at 06:08 PM..
Closed Thread