Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Tanks

Closed Thread

Old 09-29-2020, 01:07 PM
Orc

Default SK newbie gear question

Hello all, I am a level 11 SK on green. I have a full set of banded atm and am using some fine steel weapons that guards dropped from people farming them.

I have a feeling that I will start to need magic weapons fairly soon and was wondering if you folks could tell me some good starter ones I should look out for and about how much they sell for. This is my only character so im not flush with cash at all. I have a feeling my banded will last me some time so im not to worried about that armor bit atm.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks again
Old 09-29-2020, 01:49 PM
Banned

head to kith and wait for
https://wiki.project1999.com/Tainted..._Bastard_Sword this to rot
save up cash by killing orcs and wisps and crap can get some plate
then when you can head to CT and get decay armor for your darkforge
the rest should flow like butter
Old 09-29-2020, 02:39 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tunabros [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Thank you for the advice. Do many people kill in kith now? Also I would absolutly love to have a full set of darkforge. Its always been a thing on my checklist to get.
Old 09-29-2020, 03:07 PM
Banned

yah its pretty common to hang out near kith to wait for the items to drop usually a line of a couple people waiting for rots there
might have a better chance if you log on during peak hours
Old 09-29-2020, 03:38 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tunabros [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
A bunch of tainted steel weapons in Kith—the 2handed bastard sword is just the best one. I suggest picking up all the weapons that are rotting weapons, so you can practice all your skills. Also until lvl 20, that 2 hander is going to be hampered slightly by the level based damage caps, so a 1 hander may be more efficient anyway.

As for going to CT for decayed armor rots, that is totally doable, but I'd focus on levels first and foremost. At the very least, once you're 30 and have self-invis / feign death, it's going to be a lot easier to get those rots. Moreover, darkforge is pretty cheap to just buy outright.

Also, make sure you pick up some 5 AC 55 HP rings asap. Those should be your first big purchase imho.
Old 09-30-2020, 03:49 AM
Planar Protector

Keep eyes peeled for a cheap shield in EC. Banded armor is fine but definitely be using sword+board in groups when tanking for the extra AC.

Remember your primary role is to absorb damage and hold aggro, good AC/HP is going to help...and all healers love a meaty tank [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Good call on a magic weapon. If you're ever around Unrest/Befallen that'll come in handy ^
Old 09-30-2020, 08:45 AM
Orc

Thanks for the input all. It is greatly appreciated. Definitely some things to keep in mind as I move forward. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

As always I am always up for advice on anything to make my journey easier and more pleasant. So feel free to add whatever you think.
Closed Thread