Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 05-26-2017, 02:29 AM
Sarnak

Default How tough is the Necro Epic these days?

Hi all,

I'm just starting to get back into the game, and I found that the way to draw myself back into Norrath is to embark on an epic quest. Last time I returned from a prolonged hiatus, I started (and completed) my cleric's epic quest line.

Now, I want to begin my epic quest on my 56 Iksar Necromancer. I've read the quest steps on the wiki numerous times, but I've heard there are a few critical choke points where the mobs are always camped and the MQ is crazy expensive.

Has anyone gone through this recently?

Also, 56 necro/59 cleric LFG for anything fun. I just returned about a week ago ! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 05-26-2017, 03:04 AM
Kobold

Hey there. I'm currently one piece away from the necro epic and I expect to have it completed in the next few months.

To break it down the necro epic has 2 choke points which are:

-Slime Blood of Cazic Thule from Plane of Fear
-Black Silk Cape from Plane of Sky

The slime blood can be purchased but I don't see them sold hardly ever. Not sure what they would cost but expect north of 200k. If you want to loot / have it awarded you'll need to probably be guilded and in a guild that can compete on the fear golems. They spawn several times a week and are fairly heavily contested but semi-casual guilds get them too from time to time. Slime Blood is rare (possibly ultra?).

PoSky piece drops off the Keeper of Souls which normally requires a raid to reach. I had a hard time figuring out how rare the cape is. Killed like 5 KoS with no cape. Then we got 2 in a row all of the sudden.

Those two pieces aside you need an Eye of Innoruuk which sells in EC for approx 5-7k as well as kill the bone golem cycle (skipping the manisi herb by killing Kazen). This can be done with 6-12 people all things depending.

Hope that helps. Good luck on the duck!

Edit: Regarding MQ then its iffy. There are two potential MQs but I've not heard confirmation that they work. As you need the cape to fashion a Cloak of Spiroc Feathers there's a chance this Cloak could be MQ'd (person with cape hands that in, you hand in Silver Disc and Spiroc Feathers to get cloak). But I've never heard of anyone that has tried this. The second option would be for a person to hand in the cloak while you hand in slime blood and eye but have not heard of anyone trying this neither... imagine losing your slime blood...
Last edited by nevilshute; 05-26-2017 at 03:24 AM..
Old 05-26-2017, 07:59 AM
Planar Protector

In regards to MQ on the Black Silk Cape, do not do this. As I understand it, all Sky quest items were flagged as non-MQable by the dev team. I believe evidence was shown that it was MQable on live, but by personal choice perhaps they have disabled the ability to MQ in Sky. Items will get eaten.

Going off what I seen on the forums, of course have never tried myself but expect lots of tears to test it.
Old 05-26-2017, 09:10 AM
Sarnak

I recommend buying your way to all gear. It's how classic was meant to be played.
Old 05-26-2017, 11:00 AM
Fire Giant

Nevilshute's post is pretty spot on, although when I most recently did it we did the lake rathe / bone golem part with 4 people (warrior, cleric, necro, monk) and it was definitely overkill. War was better geared than average with a few solid raid items, but not crazy decked out, and rest were pretty average geared.
Old 05-26-2017, 11:14 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rygar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
In regards to MQ on the Black Silk Cape, do not do this. As I understand it, all Sky quest items were flagged as non-MQable by the dev team. I believe evidence was shown that it was MQable on live, but by personal choice perhaps they have disabled the ability to MQ in Sky. Items will get eaten.

Going off what I seen on the forums, of course have never tried myself but expect lots of tears to test it.
If I remember correctly, the devs agree that sky quests should be MQable but they just aren't implemented that way here, and re-implementing them all is just very low priority. It's not just a matter of them not being willing to remove a flag that disables it. I am too lazy to look up the relevant forum post though.
Old 05-26-2017, 01:03 PM
Orc

Anyone know if it has MQ ever been attempted with a completed Cloak of Spiroc Feathers while you provide the Slime, Eye, and Book? I understand most necromancers get Cape long before Slime but I have always been curious.
Old 05-26-2017, 01:33 PM
Banned

Get ready to sock some golems
Old 05-26-2017, 01:51 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loke [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Nevilshute's post is pretty spot on, although when I most recently did it we did the lake rathe / bone golem part with 4 people (warrior, cleric, necro, monk) and it was definitely overkill. War was better geared than average with a few solid raid items, but not crazy decked out, and rest were pretty average geared.
Yeah I should have said killing Kazen requires 6-12 people. Think we ended up being like 18-20 and we killed Kazen easily and steamrolled the golem cycle. Golem cycle can definitely be handled by fewer.
Old 05-26-2017, 03:05 PM
Fire Giant

None of the rathe fights need more than 4 people
Closed Thread