Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

View Poll Results: Should dragons be unrooted on blue?
Yes, I loved the thrill of fast pulls and sniping fte's 29 21.48%
No, I love spending hours crawling and wiping 35 25.93%
I don't care, I don't raid on blue or play on blue any longer 71 52.59%
Voters: 135. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 10-29-2019, 11:30 AM
Sarnak

Default Green = Blue's demise?

Had a feeling this might happen. I'm not sure if Blue is taking the hit with the initial surge from Green launching or if it will drain blue enough to have it dwindle and fade the population too much to have it feel populated and full of life.

There are plenty of people with toons geared to the teeth on blue and I even find myself torn between playing blue and green at this moment. It's as though I want to pursue green and enjoy the newness but also play blue to keep the population looking healthy so it doesn't look too fragile and deter people from logging into blue.

I think there's some really annoying things about the raid scene that also is squashing blue - ie, rooted dragons to be the number one. I find nothing wrong with pulling dragons to the zone line and getting pixels. If you are in any of the top raiding guilds on blue, you'll understand it is still fun to pull over snipes when guilds drop mobs and getting a successful trainup in time to get a dragon pulled into the zone. There still was plenty of wipes and difficulty to the "easy" raiding scene. Also tracking mobs was exciting because it required people to mobilize at an incredible speed in order to contest dragons. There's skill in making sure the mobs didn't leash either. I think for such a slow moving game, the short, but fast paced, think on your feet decisions for the unrooted dragons was a fun element. The raid scene now is such a pain in the ass.

I think that the servers honestly will eventually balance out and there will be, for now, a decent blue population but as green matures, there are going to be people that invest 100% of the efforts into it and stay there. If both servers are to survive and flourish, I think the raid scene with unrooting dragons needs to truly be reconsidered. Green definitely has attracted players outside of blue that have not played p99 in general but it also has pulled enough blue players to hurt the population, making green feel even more attractive. I just wonder if the non-blue players that Green has are old EQ players that will soon realize that they cannot put in the appropriate time commitment into playing 4+ hours a day and either stay lvl 40 and below or quit due to difficulty and real life.

There's a lot still up in the air but I do know that if blue is to stay exciting and relevant for multiple guilds for end-game raiding, the dragons need to be unrooted.
Old 10-29-2019, 11:39 AM
Aviak

You think raiding on blue is bad? Just wait til Naggy and Vox are permacamped for a year by the top guild.

Honestly, the population will hold where it is for a little bit and then I bet people will balance on both servers. Keep in mind we don't get Kunark until November 2020. Epics in April 2021. There is a lot of time between all of that for people to max characters and play on Blue or Red.
Old 10-29-2019, 11:46 AM
Planar Protector

No
Greem ill dump into blue and people will still want to play their characters.
Others till want to play a new fresh server.

ps. Weighted poll is bias. Sorry you didn't get loot.
Told this to Rogean, Nilbog & Menden.
Old 10-29-2019, 11:54 AM
Fire Giant

i just hope green doesn't submit to such a delay between expansions. Overfarming seafuries on blue before kunark release kinda ruined the economy. i'm hopeful that green won't be a sock fest on dragon spawns for FTE message. based off what intel i've gathered on how they're doing lists, perhaps they'll implement something similar to raid merbs down the line.

the Salt King <Ironborn>
Old 10-29-2019, 12:08 PM
Fire Giant

Yes, and it definitely should be. Blue hasn’t been classic EQ in a long time. An accurate timeline is a key part of the equation that Blue was completely missing.

Find me Monday, Wednesday and Friday @ https://www.twitch.tv/elhefe
Old 10-29-2019, 12:10 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by El-Hefe [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yes, and it definitely should be. Blue hasn’t been classic EQ in a long time. An accurate timeline is a key part of the equation that Blue was completely missing.
Old 10-29-2019, 12:28 PM
Fire Giant

CONSIDER BLUE LOL
Old 10-29-2019, 01:22 PM
Planar Protector

90+% of green players will go back to blue after legacy items stop dropping.
Old 10-29-2019, 01:24 PM
Planar Protector

fuck at green my mind the real blue guys know the classic [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]blue will be allways the main server,green is good for newcomers not more
Last edited by Lanzellot; 10-29-2019 at 01:30 PM..
Old 10-29-2019, 01:35 PM
Banned

I'm staying on blue.

No enough time or interest for green.
Closed Thread