Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 05-19-2016, 07:53 AM
Kobold

Well, other twink gear to fill out a melee wont cost that much more in the grand scheme of how much a fungi costs. Save like 20k more or w/e.
Old 05-19-2016, 08:28 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pheer [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
a fungi with no other twink gear is kinda pointless honestly

either keep saving so you can at least afford a good weapon and some hp gear for an alt or use the money to improve your main
i disagree. he can knock out plenty of levels with just a fungi and the other items you accumulate over time. his dps may be lower than a full twink, but still a constant pace for killing. in all honestly it will just be slightly slower leveling, but can still be done.

if fungi is not want he really wants to purchase then id suggest looking for what items he has that needs the best upgrades and look on wiki for what can be purchased.
Old 05-19-2016, 08:31 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pheer [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
a fungi with no other twink gear is kinda pointless honestly

either keep saving so you can at least afford a good weapon and some hp gear for an alt or use the money to improve your main

For another 5k you can make a really decent monk twink with a fungi. Jade mace, knuckle dusters, IFS, wu's etc. something that makes a monk twink really fun imo is a couple tinker bags and large soiled bag. I enjoy soloing and looting, makes for a more enjoyable exp.
Old 05-19-2016, 09:05 AM
Kobold

Well if he does buy a fungi for a twink he really should consider saving another few k to buy a haste item (no need to go crazy, fbss or that velks haste gloves will work) and some cheap staples (ac/hp rings, basic armor, weapons which cost maybe 500-1k each).

Anything more than that will have diminished returns for plat spent.
Old 05-19-2016, 09:53 AM
Banned

1) Buy MQs/Gems for your Velious class armor
2) Save for Epic (I know you think it's out of reach, but w/o cash it's REALLY out of reach most likely)
3) J boots - can camp this but GL getting the camp, its a pain.
4) Fungi would be an OK investment....or you can just go camp one since your 59?

I know casters are not very gear dependent, but part of the fun of EQ is decking your main out to the teeth...however if you buy a Fungi or CoF or some other item that isnt no drop you can liquidate it back for PP (or even a gain)
Old 05-19-2016, 10:26 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelsoider [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Hello! I've been leveling/farming on my mage(59) on blue, and I'm getting close to having 50k in the bank. Already bought CotH and I don't think my epic will ever happen, so I was wondering what to do next. I was thinking about buying a fungi and rolling a monk or shaman but I wanted to know what everyone else thought.
The only piece of Mage epic that is likely out of reach is the Earth Staff. A 59 Mage having to pay for his Water staff is sacrilege though. Phini can be duo'd by 2 Mages. Make a few Mage friends, go get a timer on Phini, and start farming him for yourself.

I got my friend his staff just a few weeks ago by simply hanging around Phini's lair near repop time, helping the current farmers out however I could, keeping the timer, and making friends with the others that showed up. I was technically 3rd in line to get the Staff but you know what? The 2 Mages in front of me one night both decided it was getting too late and neither of them wanted to wait around. Guess what dropped that night? Case in point, you can't loot any item you want unless you're in the zone when the mob dies.

If you want some tips on how to get started on farming your water staff hit me up. I found it to be a pretty fun week or so of farming him and it isn't very time consuming at all. Once you have his timer you just show up 10-15 mins before his pop time and get into position. No need to poopsock or spend ridiculous amounts of time waiting around.
Old 05-19-2016, 10:48 AM
Planar Protector

"Why put the effort in when you can buy an MQ?"

signed,

100s of p99 players who came to experience classic EQ
Old 05-19-2016, 10:50 AM
Planar Protector

Buy a fungi for 47k
Buy SCHW for 3k

Make a monk.
Old 05-19-2016, 10:54 AM
Planar Protector

Buy 50K worth of lotto tickets in EC and hope for the best

Should get a Hiero for your mage if you dont already have. Some other nice caster armor floating around thats pretty solid for you as well like Netted Kelp pants.

I have Coldain Skin boots you can buy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 05-19-2016, 11:01 AM
Sarnak

Join a guild that does hate a lot

Or

Make a guild and go to hate a lot
Closed Thread