Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Tanks

Closed Thread

Old 03-02-2012, 05:16 PM
Kobold

Ogre SK, nuff said.
Old 03-12-2012, 10:32 PM
Aviak

Paladins have Deepwater Helms that make them shamans/necros/monks best friend. Their epic is the easiest of the three tanks by far.

Tunarean paladins get Nature's Defender in Velious, which is on par with epic. 45 AC instead of 15 but worse saves and no 2h bash.
Old 03-12-2012, 11:22 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
This item is placeable in yards and houses.
LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milo Cooper, Senior Artist, SOE
Shut up and give me my ten bucks per month, little man. My Porsche needs some performance upgrades.
Old 03-14-2012, 05:51 PM
Fire Giant

in velious paladin sk defense become exactly the same than warriors , Wars, paladin sk can get same AC, cap is 1500 (harder for paladins).

The wars discs are what made them better raid tanks and it may be not true in p99 if u have a excellent cleric line for raids.

in this server Sks, pals have tanked from sky to trak and vp mobs .

Because back in live people dont understand the mechanics of each class realy nowdays dont make much sense think pal sks can be inferior to war tanks , their discs make life easier but 100 % doable to have a pal sk to tank raid mobs.
Old 03-20-2012, 01:31 PM
Large Rat

Default iksar warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by izule [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
On warriors ,what's pros and cons of a iskar warrior
Didnt play warrior played Iksar Shaman. But with Iksar race I Did notice I could see Really well at Night and I think I had a better Regen than other races..? (i think) I know Troll has better Regen of HP.

But that only matters for lower levels i guess....

oh and I could swim really well!

So i guess choosing a smaller race (ie. Not Ogre,Troll,Barb,) gives you the advantages of those other races... (you run faster..)
Last edited by Crazy_Horse; 03-20-2012 at 01:35 PM..
Old 03-20-2012, 01:38 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy_Horse [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Didnt play warrior
and you're posting in this thread because...?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milo Cooper, Senior Artist, SOE
Shut up and give me my ten bucks per month, little man. My Porsche needs some performance upgrades.
Old 04-06-2012, 04:42 PM
Sarnak

All hybrids can effortlessly generate more than enough aggro, so it's not terribly relevant which one generates more. It's a matter of needing 100 at most when one can generate 200 and the other 250, to make a simple example. The only real difference here is that shadowknights can do it with easily spammable spells while paladin stuns have a cooldown and blind can yield unpredictable results if you have to move the mob or something. Conversely, shadowknights can't get snap aggro without dealing damage while paladins can, and that might matter a little if you're bringing a mob out of mez or something.

Since shadowknights are reasonable soloers and very viable pullers while paladins can't really do anything well other than tank, I've always considered shadowknights to be the more well-rounded tank.

Warriors don't really have any noteworthy advantage unless the content warrants defensive disciplines. They have ever so slightly better mitigation and a few hundred more HP, but that hardly matters compared to the vastly better aggro and various utilities of the hybrids.
Last edited by Noselacri; 04-06-2012 at 04:45 PM..
Old 04-08-2012, 12:21 AM
Large Rat

Just don't play paladin if you don't like chaining misses. Their melee is terribly programmed and random. You will die from it.
Old 06-19-2012, 02:19 AM
Large Rat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson Death [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Kunark plate they can't wear but Velious armors they could.

Also iksars get a racial bonus to armor class.
not all. sadly Ikkys will not be able to wear any of the Thurg/Kael/Skyshrine quest plate. so, at least the weren't able to back in the day. who knows what fun is to come though
Old 07-13-2012, 06:15 PM
Banned

SK also get hide i'm pretty sure at 30 or so which is kinda cool on an ogre or troll
Closed Thread