Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 10-09-2019, 05:34 PM
Banned

Great idea to put every crazy custom idea on the overfarmed ezmode box

Keep green pure
Old 10-09-2019, 09:47 PM
Fire Giant

Let's keep suggestions realistic, we're not going to see Luclin or PoP content re tuned or anything like that. Highly unlikely we'd get new races as well, and c'mon if you really want them go play live or another shard, they are out there.

I'd like to see some minor class tuning like buffing wizards (spell criticals, clarity spell). Some new raid targets in existing zones, improved tradeskills. These are the changes we should be fleshing out and encouraging the staff to make.

[ Kurrat - Arch Mage ]
[ Kurrate - Crusader ]
<Legacy of Fire>

Old 10-09-2019, 09:58 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordMorbos [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Here is a list of a few ideas I jotted down, my apologies if you think they suck:

• New class: Arcane Knight / Battle Mage - a new hybrid class of the warrior and wizard classes. Could either be a tank similar to the SK/Paladin or a damage oriented hybrid like the ranger.

• Tavern buffs: This would be a system sort of similar to how entertainers worked with Star Wars Galaxies. Players could go to taverns and receive a specific line of long lasting, low impact buffs from either players or NPCs via a system that encouraged more players to spend time in these locations.

• Vampire / Werewolf system: Sort of similar to what The Elder Scrolls games have been doing for ages, allow players to do something like a quest, etc. to become infected with an ability to become a vampire or werewolf (ideally this would give players both a benefit of some kind along with the expected repercussions, i.e. takes DOT in daylight).

• New Race/Class combinations: Some ideas I had were Barbarian Paladin / Barbarian Cleric (Mith Marr), Dwarf Shadowknight (Rallos Zek), Dwarf Bard, Dark Elf Bard, Erudite Rogue, Iksar Druid / Iksar Ranger / Iksar Rogue (Agnostic ? Veeshan ?).

• Wandering/Relocating Gypsie camps: unsure of how feasible this is with the game client.

• Name tags for crafted objects (i.e. “Made by Soandso” would be displayed on your Banded Gauntlets).

• More trade skill recipes: More cultural armor that was made along the same lines statistically as what is currently in the game would be pretty awesome.

• Project M: not an original idea, but would love to see it again.

• Add robe graphics for wood elves, I believe Shards of Dalaya experimented with this:

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

• Added new zones: Stuff like ‘The Loping Plains’ etc. make for great areas that could be custom content but I’d imagine making a compatible zone like this would be an epic endeavour.
I love the Tavern buffs idea. Anything that makes city dwelling more integral to the game, someone mentioned before more NPCs talking about unknown quest information in familiar places too
Old 10-09-2019, 09:59 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gustoo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The content that makes the most sense is to fill out the existing world with more quests that make the place more alive. There is a butt ton of real estate to use without going into forsaken places like luclin and beyond.
Also like this
Old 10-09-2019, 10:23 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balimon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Let's keep suggestions realistic, we're not going to see Luclin or PoP content re tuned or anything like that. Highly unlikely we'd get new races as well, and c'mon if you really want them go play live or another shard, they are out there.

I'd like to see some minor class tuning like buffing wizards (spell criticals, clarity spell). Some new raid targets in existing zones, improved tradeskills. These are the changes we should be fleshing out and encouraging the staff to make.
The problem with live is there is way too many qol improvements made to the game like maps no corpse runs etc. Luclin and pop with p99s ruleset and population would be amazing. The other servers like p2002 and takp are really low pop so its not as fun.
https://wiki.project1999.com/Magelo_Blueeepinya
Old 10-10-2019, 03:51 AM
Planar Protector

thread doesn't have a single good idea in six pages, move to resolved
Old 10-10-2019, 04:37 AM
Planar Protector

All of LDoN is classic inspired dungeons. Retuning them a bit isn't exactly crazy. It's turnkey ready-made content. It doesn't even *need* to be instanced.

I would seriously start here.

http://everquest.allakhazam.com/wiki...ons_of_Norrath
Old 10-10-2019, 05:50 AM
Sarnak

I agree that adding some or all of the LDoN and retuning them for classic might be a decent idea. Or really looking at any of the zones that expanded Antonica, Faydwer or Odus in the expansions immediately after Scars of Velious.

The trick is ensuring the art style (static) and mob style (changeable) retains the classic feel, as well as keeping itemisation in check with classic era. It'd also be a must that the lore of the zone isn't too silly, which quite a few of the expansions after SoV ended up being.

I don't really think changing or adding mechanics falls under the banner of 'custom content', but that's just me.
Old 10-10-2019, 08:10 AM
Kobold

Luclin wouldn't have to be retuned at all, it's already trivial. LDoN difficulty already scales based on group level. And Terris, grummus, MB, VZ, Saryn are essentially already tuned to NToV difficulty. Agnarr should be doable too.

LDoN would be a good addition but their reward was augs mostly iirc so you'd want to itemize. Obviously dont add the moon or PoK but you could maybe add burrower parasite event to WW since it fits with all the burrowers.
Old 10-10-2019, 08:28 AM
Planar Protector

Something I've always hoped for with the LDoN expansion is putting a 'Bounce' aug into a weapon and use it to reflect a Death / Cazic touch back onto a god tier npc.
Closed Thread