Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 10-10-2019, 08:30 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balimon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Let's keep suggestions realistic, we're not going to see Luclin or PoP content re tuned or anything like that. Highly unlikely we'd get new races as well, and c'mon if you really want them go play live or another shard, they are out there.

I'd like to see some minor class tuning like buffing wizards (spell criticals, clarity spell). Some new raid targets in existing zones, improved tradeskills. These are the changes we should be fleshing out and encouraging the staff to make.
Clockwork dragon from PoI but in Steamfont please.

On the subject of dragons, Rathe looks like it should have a black/rock type dragon (maybe that is what the sphinxes were for?) and Butcherblook seems it had a green dragon (lots of emerald drakes; maybe the dwarf king killed that dragon?)
Old 10-10-2019, 02:52 PM
Fire Giant

Non classic custom content? In addition to the previously mentioned final Qeynos badge quest, The final item quests for the Iksar Cudgel, Skullcap, etc quests would be great. Although it has its own post thread, finally allowing the shorty races access to their Hybrid class choices would be a lot of fun since Blue has reached its classic development end.

I'll also chime in with my 2 cents in agreeing with the above suggestions of LDoN non instanced / custom dungeons being added, a custom Vksar being tossed in with Jagged Pine, the tavern buff idea and the Epic Quests for Epic Spells idea. The rest of the suggestions were great but the above were what really stuck out for me.
Old 10-10-2019, 02:58 PM
Sarnak

Put the ST warders back on Respawn (without the sleeper event).
Old 10-10-2019, 03:34 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldschoolplayer [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
A one way ship to Luclin. Hop aboard the one way ship at your choice, and become locked in a new adventure
Love it, it’s a /movelog to PEQ or something. Take your ball and go home!

The tavern buff idea would be classic-ish if the buffs came from NPCs as minor quest rewards. Depending on what the quest item was, could even have a regulating effect on the economy. The buff could even be a reward for maxing an otherwise difficult/useless faction?

I think LDoN zone geometry could be used to make all kinds of cool stuff dungeon-wise. The LoY zones could be repurposed to do some cool stuff too.

It would be a huge undertaking, but a Kunark-caliber 4th continent wouldn’t be out of classic character. Endgame itemization would need to be in the Kunark/Velious spectrum. In keeping with classic expansion feeling, most spell/ability/recipe additions should be of low to moderate practical utility. I really like the OT/FV/IC style outpost-towns.

On Live they revamped VP in an interesting way, bringing the raid encounters up to PoP raid difficulty and adding a quest given by each of the dragons. Having the dragons give quests to ally-level faction would be fun and totally in keeping with classic Velious content style.

Could also steal a page from Velious (and WoW as well) and make city leaders into raid targets I guess.

Myuharin <Force of Will> & Myuharin the Revenant
Quote:
Originally Posted by azeth View Post
6 hybrids in one group.. i believe you may actually LOSE experience per kill.
Old 10-10-2019, 03:41 PM
Planar Protector

People were talking about tradeskills

I always wanted rare drops that could be used in trade-skills to make high quality armor. Something that felt as unique as high quality NPC drops and required the same type of camping and such, like FBSS's, but was made by players.

Those pelts in NK that are useless would be a perfect example. Would be neat to make different type of armor with cool stats with it. Maybe the Superb Lion hide makes a pair of legs, and the bear hide makes a tunic, and the Superb Wolf Hide makes a pair of boots.

I don't like how crafting armor makes "full sets" of armor. Id like to see the like, "bear hide crown" that people seek the same way they do a tranix crown, only in the process they require a high level tailor as well as a rare spawn NPC [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 10-10-2019, 04:36 PM
Sarnak

Send a message via AIM to toddfx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibartik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
People were talking about tradeskills

I always wanted rare drops that could be used in trade-skills to make high quality armor. Something that felt as unique as high quality NPC drops and required the same type of camping and such, like FBSS's, but was made by players.

Those pelts in NK that are useless would be a perfect example. Would be neat to make different type of armor with cool stats with it. Maybe the Superb Lion hide makes a pair of legs, and the bear hide makes a tunic, and the Superb Wolf Hide makes a pair of boots.

I don't like how crafting armor makes "full sets" of armor. Id like to see the like, "bear hide crown" that people seek the same way they do a tranix crown, only in the process they require a high level tailor as well as a rare spawn NPC [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yeah this touches on what's basically my biggest wish for custom content as well. New creative uses for the massive library of items and ingredients already in game that go largely unused. Be it tradeskills or quests, just having more variety with more worthwhile rewards for your time and effort as an alternative to camping a contested drop or grinding for plat.

Expanded food, drink, and potion recipes is also of course at the top of my list. I'd love to see all kinds of other expendable items being sold as a hot commodity in the same way people sell Invisibility and SoW potions.

More beer recipes too please! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 10-10-2019, 04:45 PM
Planar Protector

Yea! No need for new continents when we have great spots for new zones: ORC HIGHWAY the very treacherous path that kills many mortal men, but is the fastest rout to the karanas....

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Old 10-10-2019, 04:52 PM
Planar Protector

Add quest where u need Alcohol Tolerance & Begging maxed to even start the NPC text. Maybe use that beggar dude that should be outside BbM dock
Old 10-10-2019, 05:01 PM
Sarnak

We should introduce custom raid mechanics. Some thoughts that come to mind:
  • Root the dragons in place to prevent guilds from making use of zone geometry.
  • Link dragon aggro to their guards to prevent guilds from splitting out guards solo.
  • Make dragons summon at 100% HP to force CRs if you attempt to kill the guards separately from the dragon.
Old 10-10-2019, 05:16 PM
Kobold

I've always thought that a way to the barbarian areas that isn't through blackburrow is needed, it always amazed me that there wasn't a way, yet there were Barbarian towns down in the Karanas.
Closed Thread