Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 10-28-2019, 09:24 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaffleztheAndal [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Red's community was, without a shred of a doubt, THE most toxic group of people I have ever witnessed in a game.

P99's PVP scene does not seem worth many resources.
It was during live too, nothing new
Old 10-28-2019, 09:35 AM
Kobold

new red server sounds horrible
Old 10-28-2019, 09:36 AM
Sarnak

I like your ideas but see some major flaws:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dulu [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
#1 --- 3 Factions, tied to race/religion. - this is more imbalanced than "teams" pvp was - problem is some teams not having access to critical classes (ie: bards, druids, shamans). This is the primary reason there was cross-teams guilds on Tallon Zek which really broke the server (Pandemonium, and others soon followed). Ultimate solution: Guild based teams

#3 --- No level restriction on PvP. Same as Sullon Zek and Classic WoW. If you are red, you are dead. The only "Safe zones" should be the starting zones. I like the idea of having a level restriction, so instead, flagging any OOR healers/buffers for PvP. It could work without level restriction, but now you have new players being griefed off the server

#4 --- Player Spell Resistance totally rebalanced. PvP doesn't work well when 95% of spells are resisted. This gives an extreme advantage to players with resist-passing spells, and certain melee classes. Yes, I like it but youll now have the issue of Melee's getting owned by casters (like on live). I think you are swinging the pendulum too far in favor of casters with this. Casters owned on live (unless melee's had ultra high end gear/resists)

#5 --- Time to kill needs to be decreased. PvP needs to be intense and fast paced, not "swing at each other for 18 minutes until someone drops to 10% and then runs to a zoneline". Agree

#6 --- completely break the idea of zone logging. You should not be able to escape pvp by hitting a zoneline and logging off. This is idiotic and should have been addressed 20 years ago. Agree

#7 ---- No GM intervention. Settle EVERYTHING with PvP. Everything goes. Training, mob stealing, etc. Disagree, intentional training was a hallmark of Sullon Zek but in my opinion it devolved into a grief fest. Play nice policy still needs to be enforced in certain situations IMO. How this is enforced can be a point of debate

#8 --- No item or coin loot. Losing stuff discourages people from engaging, more than it encourages people to hunt others. There is a psychological effect that explains this, but basically "Losing hurts twice as bad as winning feels good." You want the PvP to be fast, fun, with little negative impact other than a corpse run.Coin loot was fair, item loot was not (naked casters anyone?)

#9 --- Disable every element of /who , even for your own faction. (Will be completely abused, just like it is on Red) Even /anon doesn't help, because people can infer from your online numbers or your history where you are and what you might be doing. Get rid of it for any PvP server.Disagree strongly, you need to be able to see who is in zone - Anonymous works. I see no way how people can infer from your online numbers because /who is limited to like 40 people or whatever
Last edited by walfreyydo; 10-28-2019 at 09:39 AM..
Old 10-28-2019, 10:10 AM
Banned

Put guild war on green

It's needed for classic completion

We WILL use it
Old 10-28-2019, 10:17 AM
Fire Giant

I've become a believer in nilbog's idea:

East (Red) VS West (Blue) hardcoded teams

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

+/- 4 level restriction beginning at level 2 that perhaps widens the higher level you get, raid zones are FFA.
Last edited by Danger; 10-28-2019 at 10:19 AM..
Old 10-28-2019, 10:29 AM
Planar Protector

Teams does not make sense with level range PvP. There is no feeling of team cohesion or zone control if high level players cannot defend their lower level teammates. And this applies vice versa - there is no sense of extreme danger for trespassing into enemy territory if you only need to be afraid of enemies within a narrow level range. Unlimited level range PvP sounds like it would be nothing but a griefer fest, but it's actually no worse in regards to griefing than a fixed level range ruleset. For example, unlimited level range completely does away with the problem of heavily twinked/deleveled griefers.
Old 10-28-2019, 10:34 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexenu [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Teams does not make sense with level range PvP. There is no feeling of team cohesion or zone control if high level players cannot defend their lower level teammates. And this applies vice versa - there is no sense of extreme danger for trespassing into enemy territory if you only need to be afraid of enemies within a narrow level range. Unlimited level range PvP sounds like it would be nothing but a griefer fest, but it's actually no worse in regards to griefing than a fixed level range ruleset. For example, unlimited level range completely does away with the problem of heavily twinked/deleveled griefers.
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Logic is pristine. Won me over.
Old 10-28-2019, 10:39 AM
Banned

90% of box on team evil, with cross team alts to cheat

Where have I seen that before

Oh on live, and it had a better PVP community

Guilds are "teams", no wait. They're teams. Look how people bandwagon. At least with FFA you can readily switch around or come back and join anything. Once good team is wiped out, there's no joining any neutral or evil guilds.
Old 10-28-2019, 10:46 AM
Planar Protector

- ffa with no lvl restriction
- kunark but no velious
- no GM intervention
- allow training etc. Only prohibit MQ and such
- coin loot only
- no pvp exp loss
Old 10-28-2019, 10:57 AM
Fire Giant

hardcode team, lock team selection by ip if possible, can't heal/buff etc other people from opposing teams. prevent "common tongue" communication across teams.
Closed Thread