Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

View Poll Results: Should dragons be unrooted on blue?
Yes, I loved the thrill of fast pulls and sniping fte's 29 21.48%
No, I love spending hours crawling and wiping 35 25.93%
I don't care, I don't raid on blue or play on blue any longer 71 52.59%
Voters: 135. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 10-29-2019, 09:48 PM
Sarnak

The horror, a world where Epics are rare and in demand.
Old 10-29-2019, 09:57 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeboim [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The horror, a world where Epics are rare and in demand.
I don't think that is a complaint, just an observation.
Old 10-29-2019, 10:08 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spock2020 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Big bottleneck with venril sathir I think 3 classes epic has him. Can you imagine how many people gonna look for him. Horrible.
Druids and Rangers need VS for epic piece. Not sure of a third. But I see your point. Everyone trying to get epic in a short period of time. Doubtful I will get one, especially on druid.

Oh well. I am epic'd on Blue so I will have to be content with that.
Gavallin Wood Elf Ranger lvl 23 (blue)
Jardahni Human Monk lvl 2 (green)
Old 10-29-2019, 10:09 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaluppo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Druids and Rangers need VS for epic piece. Not sure of a third. But I see your point. Everyone trying to get epic in a short period of time. Doubtful I will get one, especially on druid.

Oh well. I am epic'd on Blue so I will have to be content with that.
wizard
Old 10-29-2019, 11:18 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaluppo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Wow did this thread ever get off topic. I wish blue would come back with a decent population. But over the weekend EC tunnel was dead and so was my ability to get an unrest group. So I did what everyone else and their uncle did this weekend and I made new characters on green.

On one hand I hate starting over and having to grind again from lvl 1 on a Cleric and Druid when I already got them both to 60 epic'd on blue. But if my alts cant get a group then I gotta go where the players are. Right now it's green.

Every time I log in I will glance at blue's population and if I ever see it creep up to 700 at peak then I'm going in. Otherwise I guess I'm grinding it out on Green. I got a question if anyone knows the answer:

I have heard a few people say getting epics on Green server (when epics get introduced) will be harder then getting them on blue. Why is that? Are the epic mobs rarer spawns or are they tougher to beat for some reason? I would really want my druid and cleric epics on green so wondering if I need to be in a stronger guild or if a family style guild can get them like they can on blue.
So don’t do it all over again. If you’re playing on Green, play classes you’ve never really played before. That’s what I’m doing. I couldn’t bear the thought of re-doing the same classes I have on Blue
Old 10-29-2019, 11:49 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
On one hand I hate starting over and having to grind again from lvl 1 on a Cleric and Druid when I already got them both to 60 epic'd on blue. But if my alts cant get a group then I gotta go where the players are. Right now it's green.
Blue's population will slowly return to higher levels as more and more people drop out of the demands from Green's selective 'classic' settings, and it will surge greatly once the Legacy drops are ended 6 or 7 months from now. Getting in some casual grouping on Blue might very well require joining a guild, reaching out, and being social more than what was normally required.
Old 10-30-2019, 06:03 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by El-Hefe [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Hahah, and its a fantastic time. Have you watched the stream? We're great, people love us.

Plus, the income from Twitch payed for a new AC unit and a vacation this year. It's a win-win.
lies, u don't get paid shit with ur number of stream viewers

u act like streaming a fukin 20 years game gets you thousands of viewers, there are already so little players playing this game, get a clue
Old 10-30-2019, 08:50 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psyborg [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You've never raided, nor have you ever hit 60 despite having all the time in the world and gear to do it. Yet P99 Blue is easy mode? Beating EQ isn't a thing, but if it was you've never been even close on Blue. You went from being slightly agitating to just being a straight up overly opinionated dick in short order.

Based on comments here you've also never played actual vanilla EQ back in 1999/2000. There's nothing wrong with that and I wouldn't normally point that out about a P99 player but stop acting like some sort of authority on EQ when you clearly know and have experienced only a fraction of the game both during and out of era.

I played EQ from 1999 to 2004 when WoW was released. That doesn't make me special but my point here is that I know what Velious era EQ was like. By Velious, guess what? My server (The Rathe) was incredibly similar to Blue outside of raiding where we had a rotation instead of the FTE mechanics you see on P99. Characters were twinked, I had millions of plat by trading in EC. The main difference was that most of the larger tradeable items from Velious era raids were not really circulating on the open market until the beginning of Luclin and fewer of the high end raiders had enough time to earn BiS no drop raid gear. P99 Blue is an incredibly accurate representation of Vanilla-Kunark-Velious and if you had actually played during that era and made it to the end game you'd have a fucking clue.

Green is great. I'm glad it's a thing. It is making quite a few people happy. It's bringing out the worst in pricks like you though, for whatever reason.
As someone who also played from 2000-2003 era I concur with this statement. Blue is pretty damn close to the original experience, with the only exception being the abundance of gear on the EC market and prices, but that is to be expected. No one should be surprised at Blue's population, Green isnt even a week old. However, I suspect Blue population will rebound (not fully) within a month or so. Personally, I think Blue taking a population hit is a GOOD thing
Last edited by walfreyydo; 10-30-2019 at 08:56 AM..
Old 10-30-2019, 09:31 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wonkie [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
true, when you distill discourse into image macros it diminishes in stature and becomes miniscule.
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 10-30-2019, 10:11 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradsamma [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
No=riot
Yes=everyone else
Riot doesn't enjoy the new meta either.

This game rewards you for painful amounts of time to get gear but it's gone in a direction to just make the GM's lives easier rather than have the user experience what the majority enjoys.

I know that sentence above is going to get people saying how the game is free and enjoy what they do for us - very true. Although the hand picking of original content, especially with such a large meta change is frustrating. Hard to describe it any other way than, it used to be more fun to jump on to hear a bat phone (I'll be waiting for more haters in regards to bat phones and that meta) and logging in to race the other guilds, secure a fte and then use a handful of guild mates to not leash the thing coming in.

I've never been a GM and I'm sure there is constant bitching in regards to who trained who, who engaged when they were locked out, etc, etc but for a while, a lot of the negotiation of top guilds was happening internally, sending FRAPS to each others raid leaders and explaining their cases.

This has slowly got a little off topic from the main poll question so I'll get back on tracks here. I read someone earlier saying that the drop in blue population might actually be a GOOD thing - I had not thought about it in this way but interesting theory. I'm not sure what type of player gets filtered in or out of blue now because of green's launch but we'll see with time. Speculation I think is what the forums are here for in part, and we'll definitely see where the green/blue populations take us over the next weeks, months, years but it's interesting to get everyones opinions.

On another further side note, I rolled a SK and I also have an epic'd SK DE on blue...I wanted to play something fun but I slowly start to feel the min/maxing, all-in, individuals among me and those that are going to be gobbling up manastone's and other legacy items as I fart around on my SK being excluded from groups hahaha - might have to get an alt going, although that'll be equally painful of a leveling processes once again.
Closed Thread