Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 01-20-2020, 03:49 PM
Aviak

Default Lists don’t work cause people share accounts

Fight me.

It was a good thought but it’s a dumb system. You cause solve a problem by causing another. Didn’t want people to lock down the camp so it got made that any good item was guaranteed. But also probably guaranteed to take days. And then have an weird gravity well of sunk cost that the longer you’re there the more you should stay. Won’t be better with the merge.

Bring back people’s opportunity to go win an item randomly in 30 minutes so people feel like giving shit a chance. Everyone loves gambling and if there’s a chance to win people have fun. That’s the game.
Old 01-20-2020, 04:09 PM
Sarnak

But lists have worked. If it wasn’t for lists, the high end guilds would neckbeard those camps to death and just pass them from one guildie to the next. At least with lists even commonfolk have a chance at the legacy items.
People wouldn’t have to account share if the drop rates weren’t so abysmally low. But why should someone stay up for 50 hours straight when they can easily have a friend share the load?
Old 01-20-2020, 04:38 PM
Aviak

They work but need some changes. If you log or /q you should be booted the bottom of the list.

You can clearly tell people logging out and a min later log back in and look around like they need to get their bearings.
Old 01-20-2020, 04:41 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smellybuttface [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
But lists have worked. If it wasn’t for lists, the high end guilds would neckbeard those camps to death and just pass them from one guildie to the next. At least with lists even commonfolk have a chance at the legacy items.
People wouldn’t have to account share if the drop rates weren’t so abysmally low. But why should someone stay up for 50 hours straight when they can easily have a friend share the load?
I think this is key. I'm a big believer that lists could work better, but it's undeniable (to anyone who played on Blue for 5+ years prior to Green and Teal) that lists are a massive improvement over letting neckbeards (unclassically) run rampant without supervision.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 01-20-2020, 05:09 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I think this is key. I'm a big believer that lists could work better, but it's undeniable (to anyone who played on Blue for 5+ years prior to Green and Teal) that lists are a massive improvement over letting neckbeards (unclassically) run rampant without supervision.
I can't imagine a scenario that is worse compared to competing with account-sharing neckbeards camping items for over 50 hours.

This from a casual euro red player.

On the upside there is going to be the account stripping drama in a while so it isn't all bad.
Old 01-20-2020, 05:17 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by derpcake2 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I can't imagine a scenario that is worse compared to competing with account-sharing neckbeards camping items for over 50 hours.
That's exactly it. You can't make those people go away. And you can't isolate them on their own server (us on Teal kind of had that for awhile, but it couldn't last).

The only solution is to create a system that lets both sane and insane people play together and have fun, and trust me: /list does that far, far better than simply letting players do whatever they want. On Blue we've had guilds monopolizing items for months at a time ... and those weren't items that were going away, they were items that were guaranteed to be there in a year on Blue.

Again, I'm not saying /list is perfect, but it's just so much better than no rules.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 01-20-2020, 05:24 PM
Planar Protector

Get gud shit head
Frostbane Wolfeye - Green99 - 54 Shaman
Cruetraxa Macequest - Green99 - 60 Necromancer
Snowleopard Wu'Tong - Green99 - 60 Monk
Lobsterhands - Green99 - 55 Cleric
#FreeWuTang
Old 01-20-2020, 08:32 PM
Banned

I wish they got rid of lists so I could personally deny casual scum their Non-Lore manastones and soak up the REEEEES
Old 01-20-2020, 10:02 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiingpin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Just make the list recycle into a 100% new order every time the item drops so people who go to bed at night have a chance to get cool stuff.
It's called EVER-quest, not "quest, take a break for sleep, and then quest more"-quest.
Old 01-20-2020, 10:25 PM
Sarnak

EverCamp then.

"if the rules are all you use to determine what you should or shouldn't do, you're probably an a-hole" -soup

Hooden • Xegony enchanter '00 - '02 • <Aeternus> from SoD '06 - '07
Closed Thread