Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 01-20-2020, 04:12 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Secrets [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It's everything I want ... minus boxing.

But sadly, that's a deal-breaker for me: I'll give up four expansions I'd love to play in (Luclin, PoP, LDoN and even, yes, LoY) just to actually play on a server with humans playing together, instead of a bunch of boxxers forming their own groups of one (and all but forcing me to 3-box also).

Here's hoping someday another emulated box exists with "unclassic" content and no boxing. Because I <3 this place, but someday I would like to see the moon again.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 01-20-2020, 04:15 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Secrets [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Would you guys play on a truebox EQMac (TAKProject codebase) server, with Stone / Velious UI enforced?

Because I can make that happen...
I'd try it, but why the old UI?

To me P99 has the whole "refusing to go past 2001" thing covered: if I'm going somewhere new it's because I want what P99 doesn't have (ie. Luclin-plus, and all the new UI and such that came with it ... not that I care specifically about say maps, but like not having cycle targeting is only "fun" here).

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 01-20-2020, 06:57 PM
Banned

It looks like p2002 is stopping at LoY. Is there a big meta change/raiding change in LoY at all?
Old 01-20-2020, 07:45 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teppler [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It looks like p2002 is stopping at LoY. Is there a big meta change/raiding change in LoY at all?
No not really. PoP and LDoNs will be the main raids and content.
Old 01-20-2020, 11:55 PM
Fire Giant

Boxing is horrible, ruins everquest. Red99 or blue!
Old 01-21-2020, 02:47 AM
Kobold

I haven't play takp but p2002 doesn't even attempt to be classic in the way a lot of mechanics work. It's still fun though. Charm is ridiculously op. Was able to solo tagrin on a druid and regularly farmed glykus solo. Three boxed trakanon (who hits for 900 and flurries and rampages, as an example of how they don't try to make things classic)

To illustrate how shitty their mechanics are. I was able to pull the final mini bosses in air to the zone in using a rogue to target, xzul type pets, DA the train and tag the mini. The train doesn't social to the tagged mob. I just run off the DA toon and CoTH him for a clean pull.

Maybe they fixed it. Idk. I got banned for pulling BoT tower bosses to the bees, which is totally classic.
Old 01-21-2020, 05:54 AM
Banned

I’m trying both servers. TAP is much harder and unforgiving than 2002. No maps, no zoom out, memorizing stuff seems to take longer, mobs seem to hit harder, leveling is slower. Not sure if people help noobs out a lot on that server but there was people handing out kei and other buffs on 2002.
Old 01-21-2020, 12:36 PM
VIP / Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teppler [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I’m trying both servers. TAP is much harder and unforgiving than 2002. No maps, no zoom out, memorizing stuff seems to take longer, mobs seem to hit harder, leveling is slower. Not sure if people help noobs out a lot on that server but there was people handing out kei and other buffs on 2002.
TAKP is more accurate to the era. You didn't have maps prior to LoY, zoom out didn't exist in that client (although hitting f9 twice and hitting i think it was insert/del actually makes the camera zoom similar to modern EQ), mobs hitting harder is the combat formula actually working, leveling is the same as it was on Al'Kabor (20% faster than live EQ at the time)

There's a grouping experience bonus for grouping:

1 member - 100% / 1 = 100%
2 members - 120% / 2 = 60%
3 members - 140% / 3 = 46.7%
4 members - 220% / 4 = 55%
5 members - 260% / 5 = 52%
6 members - 260% / 6 = 43.3%

People help out noobs all the time on TAKP. Head to PoK and get buffs from other players. That's no different on TAKP compared to any other EQ server that emulates PoP or later era EverQuest.

“Knowing yourself is the beginning of all wisdom.” — Aristotle
Old 01-21-2020, 03:41 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiingpin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
We arent playing takp and we dont care so stop posting about it

if a mod reads this delete the thread as it promotes a non p99 server
I'm interested. I'm in the process of trying out both servers and I like to hear people pitch why one is a better pick than the other.
Old 01-21-2020, 04:34 PM
Developer

Quote:
I'm interested. I'm in the process of trying out both servers and I like to hear people pitch why one is a better pick than the other.
Takp sucks. You will hate it.

Go to p2002.

I have spoken.