Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 01-21-2020, 12:22 AM
Sarnak

Default Teal merged into green without warning.

I feel this video sums it up perfectly. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9C_HReR_McQ
Old 01-21-2020, 12:50 AM
Planar Protector

“I’m mad because they got rid of a low pop server that they pay for and I play on for free!”
Old 01-21-2020, 05:13 AM
Aviak

Lets think about the result of advise about the merge:

20000 treads about dont do it or i kit.
Old 01-21-2020, 08:31 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by cd288 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
“I’m mad because they got rid of a low pop server that they pay for and I play on for free!”
This "for free = no complaints allowed" trope was old 10 years ago. Have anything substantive?
Old 01-21-2020, 11:44 AM
Sarnak

I should probably just ignore cd288 like 99% of the forums do. But i'm a sucker for indulging the plebs. I'm starting to think the merger was an accident/mistake on their part. They didn't announce it and aren't addressing it. Most likely because they knew the majority didn't want it yet. But the good thing about the merger is it proved the ignoramus wrong in that most of teal was just green boxers. Post split number shows that absolutely incorrect. One good thing though is the merger boosted blues numbers. They really needed that influx.
Old 01-21-2020, 12:05 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by bum3 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I should probably just ignore cd288 like 99% of the forums do. But i'm a sucker for indulging the plebs. I'm starting to think the merger was an accident/mistake on their part. They didn't announce it and aren't addressing it. Most likely because they knew the majority didn't want it yet. But the good thing about the merger is it proved the ignoramus wrong in that most of teal was just green boxers. Post split number shows that absolutely incorrect. One good thing though is the merger boosted blues numbers. They really needed that influx.
Pre-split wasn't it roughly 600 Teal 800 Green (prime time numbers)? And now we're roughly at 1,100-1,200 on Green at prime time?

Now I'm not saying that proves people were dual boxing on both servers simultaneously, but at the same time those post-merge numbers certainly don't prove that a large number of people on Teal were Green boxers when there's technically 300-400 people missing from the post merge prime time numbers (i.e. if everyone is a unique account on Teal shouldn't we be at 1,400 prime time consistently on Green?). Again, I think that would be a loose argument to make for sure, but it's also an equally loose argument to say that the post-merge numbers prove anything based on what I just mentioned.
Old 01-21-2020, 12:06 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frug [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This "for free = no complaints allowed" trope was old 10 years ago. Have anything substantive?
I wouldn't say no complaints about anything. But I would say that complaining about them not using their own money to keep a second server open so that you can more easily get ZEM highway groups and/or camp the more lucrative solo sites (as many people on here are essentially upset about) is pretty ridiculous and in that specific instance I think for free = no complaints is pretty valid.
Old 01-21-2020, 12:07 PM
Sarnak

It was 650teal-750green prime time. It was 1300 prime time green after merge. However, blue gained 150 people post merge.

You can verify via tlp pop tracker.
Old 01-21-2020, 12:16 PM
Sarnak

My guild alone has over a dozen people who aren't logging in or is taking a break after merge hoping people quit playing in a week or two. My guild can't be alone in this.
Old 01-21-2020, 12:25 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by bum3 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
My guild alone has over a dozen people who aren't logging in or is taking a break after merge hoping people quit playing in a week or two. My guild can't be alone in this.
/shrug

I think the post from yesterday about the guy's post-merge experience sums it up nicely. There are going to be certain negatives (ex. if you want to group in the most popular zones, it's going to be tough), but certain positives as well.

I haven't really had a negative experience on either my grouping main or my solo alt thus far. Granted, I'm not trying to find a group in Unrest for instance.
Closed Thread