Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 01-21-2020, 01:40 AM
Banned

If we can't get a mana stone in 2 hours, we quittin

(I don't have one or need one, most classes dont)
Old 01-21-2020, 01:43 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Visual [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Just doesn't sound good coming from the dude who constantly posts about stuff he wants in game and tries to pass it off as being better for everyone.
Just curious, what do I ever post about wanting in-game except more classic P99? I mean yes, I've done one list, and I'd like to do another ... so that somehow invalidates my opinion?

Even if I had no personal participation whatsoever in lists, I'd still think a better and more classic system is a better and more classic system.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Last edited by loramin; 01-21-2020 at 01:52 AM..
Old 01-21-2020, 03:24 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'd still think a better and more classic system is a better and more classic system.
Don't you also argue for non classic things like GM enforced rotations? Sorry, might have you confused with someone else.

I am with you on this one though, as are all the people I know from teal.
Old 01-21-2020, 10:50 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Visual [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Don't you also argue for non classic things like GM enforced rotations? Sorry, might have you confused with someone else.

I do [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] GM-enforced rotations are both classic and unclassic, depending on which server you're talking about and what mobs/what point in the timeline you're talking about.

For instance, Sleeper's and VP were of course never rotated in the classic era, but on some servers Vox/Naggy were. On my server (Bristlebane) Vox/Naggy were rotated, but not until Luclin (we had a message board where you could "raffle" for a shot at them, and I won the right to lead a Vox raid ... which ended up being one of my fondest memories on live).

And then there's Blue. When we compare it to say Bristlebane, of course that server got Luclin raid targets and we won't. So it comes down to what part of classic do you want to emulate, the part where the "AA crowd" got to monopolize content initially, of the part where the rest of the server got to see if after awhile? To me this place is not, or at least shouldn't be just about re-creating EQ for the 1% who have the good fortune to be able to "out-compete" the other 99%.

So getting back to the live comparison, yes Velious and earlier mobs are apples, and Luclin mobs are oranges, and you can't compare them. But we've had what, 8+? more years of raiding Kunark mobs than live ever had? The same players have alt after alt full of BiS loot: we've gotten crate after crate of apples!

So even if we don't have any oranges, maybe it's time to start doing what Live did when they had less than one crate of oranges. But again, it's not clear what is/isn't classic so I never say rotations are or aren't, I just argue that they're classic enough to be appropriate, and I think they would be more fun for almost everyone here.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Last edited by loramin; 01-21-2020 at 11:20 AM..
Old 01-21-2020, 11:18 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

jesus man, you are on this forum way too much complaining about things that you want to be different, play the game, take a break, there is a whole world out there. List items arent even that important of a thing. its stupid to complain about it, they made a system, it got exploited by guilds, what else is new? move on, I never got any legacies and i wanted some, but it didnt happen, no big deal
Old 01-21-2020, 11:32 AM
Sarnak

was Anonymous ever able to kill raid mobs?
Old 01-21-2020, 11:51 AM
Large Rat

Smile

There should be a server created for people who have jobs.
Old 01-21-2020, 12:03 PM
Sarnak

Quote:

Tunare had GM forced rotations. When guilds tried to impose themselves on a agreed upon rotation they were removed, temp banned in some case, and in 1 case a guild was disbanded completely.
Old 01-21-2020, 05:21 PM
Aviak

Want to know why the population has been steadily decreasing?

Look no further than lists.

I have a full guild of EQ players from p99 playing WoW atm, with zero interest in playing on a non-classic EQ EMU for the most important items in the game. Even Blue was ruined with Rooted Dragons.

What is sad is, most of us would probably return if any of these servers went by a classic rule set. and I'm sure there are many others that feel this way.

I mean who cares right. This only upsets a large portion of p99's loyal fanbase that has supported this project from the start.

Expect this trend to continue
Old 01-21-2020, 05:35 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
English, motherfucker. Do you speak it? In the English language....
Fixed. That is all I have to offer this thread.

Also, love your work Loramin. Thanks for being an awesome part of the community.