Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 01-19-2020, 06:55 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cpm2580 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Want sleep? Don’t join the camp.
Sounds healthy.
Old 01-19-2020, 06:56 PM
Planar Protector

Loramin I hear you and honestly sympathize to the plaints you've brought forth.

Sadly the reality is, which was discussed prior to even green launch. You need someone to play your character while you work and sleep. In order to stay on the list. Even the legit good people I know of who don't rnf etc do it this way. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

As to, if rogean will adjust the list system to deter this behavior is unsure.
Told this to Rogean, Nilbog & Menden.
Old 01-19-2020, 06:57 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baler [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Loramin I hear you and honestly sympathize to the plaints you've brought forth.

Sadly the reality is, which was discussed prior to even green launch. You need someone to play your character while you work and sleep. In order to stay on the list. Even the legit good people I know of who don't rnf etc do it this way. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Right, I know that's an option, and I'm lucky enough to have an IRL friend (coming over shortly IRL, as it happens) who I might be able to talk into helping me.

But look, I really don't think Rogean created lists (or any other part of P99) to only be for people with partners of some sort. So my hope is that he'd prefer to see a system that doesn't require that (or a single person going four days without sleep).

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 01-19-2020, 07:02 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
God, you all are pedants.

OF COURSE no one makes you do a list ... but that fact has nothing to do with the unrelated fact that it's stupid to make people stay awake for four days straight to play (an optional part of) an online game.
you are more intelligent than this.
Old 01-19-2020, 07:07 PM
Fire Giant

It wouldn’t be fair to change list at this point. As long as afk checks are in place list will work itself out just like it has when servers are split.

Please don’t make any changes to list Rogean.

I do wish you would split servers back though
Old 01-19-2020, 07:08 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albanwr [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
you are more intelligent than this.
Ok, I'll bite: what's so completely moronic about me thinking people should be able to participate in every aspect of P99 without A) a real life partner, or B) going without sleep for four days.

Seriously, can anyone actually explain what is so stupid about that, or are you all just going to continue insult me?

(On the plus side, at least that one buried some praise in too, so ... thanks?)

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 01-19-2020, 07:09 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Right, I know that's an option, and I'm lucky enough to have an IRL friend (coming over shortly IRL, as it happens) who I might be able to talk into helping me.

But look, I really don't think Rogean created lists (or any other part of P99) to only be for people with partners of some sort. So my hope is that he'd prefer to see a system that doesn't require that (or a single person going four days without sleep).
There really isn't a good solution. The whole point of having lists is that the items are highly sought after and it gives everyone a chance to get one. Any solution would involve there simply being more, which devalues the items and detracts from their prestige. And yeah people can joke about how this game is 20 years old all they want but people ARE listing up for four days straight to get these things
Old 01-19-2020, 07:12 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by douglas1999 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
There really isn't a good solution. The whole point of having lists is that the items are highly sought after and it gives everyone a chance to get one. Any solution would involve there simply being more, which devalues the items and detracts from their prestige. And yeah people can joke about how this game is 20 years old all they want but people ARE listing up for four days straight to get these things
I've already proposed a very simple one: two lists.

First list has AFK checks, and has a limit (say five people). Second list has no limit and no AFK check. Whenever a slot frees up in list #1, a random person from list #2 joins it.

Under such a system everything works exactly the same ... except that instead of participation in the system requiring you to "go without sleep for days" it instead requires you to be willing to "keep trying even if you keep losing random rolls ..."

... which is to say, it makes lists work like everything else in the game, instead of some special reward for people with real life partners or people who don't sleep for four days.

Old 01-19-2020, 07:14 PM
Sarnak

just don't discontinue manastones or pre nerf guises imo, so much unclassic shit as is (the way in which they are even obtained). I don't care either way have a stone on blue and not that interested in green

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doil_Boil View Post
If an event happens on the red server, but no one is there to play it, does it still occur?
Old 01-19-2020, 07:14 PM
Planar Protector

Cringe